How to identify an iPhone model using the Model Identification Code
posted by Mihai A. / Feb 21, 2016, 10:46 PM
The vast majority of iPhone fans only need a quick glance to figure out which iPhone model a certain device is. Even if that's the case, did you know that you can use the Model Identification Number to identify an Apple iPhone model?
On the back of each iPhone, Apple has printed a Model Identification Number. Now, the print is very small, meaning that you might need to use a magnifying glass before deciphering the code. Once that's done, check out the codes below to find out which iPhone model you're looking at.
- A1203: You're looking at an original iPhone
- A1241: This is the iPhone 3G
- A1303: The iPhone 3GS
- A1332, A1349: Apple's iPhone 4
- A1387: The iPhone 4s
- A1428/A1429: These ones are the codes for the iPhone 5
- A1456/A1507/A1526/A1529/A1532: The plastic-built iPhone 5c
- A1453/A1457/A1528/A1530/A1533: The iPhone 5s
- A1549/A1586/A1589: The iPhone 6
- A1522/A1524/A1593: Apple's first phablet, the iPhone 6 Plus
- A1633/A1688: The current-gen iPhone 6s
- A1634/A1687: The iPhone 6s Plus
Posts: 260; Member since: Jul 26, 2012
Original iphone is easy to identify unique design 3g has plastic back 3gs possible white color. To know that it's a 3gs check camera and see if it can record 4 is easy cause of the glass. 4s check the lines in metal if not just look for siri 5 is easy look for bigger screen 5c plastic and colors 5s new home button 6 new design bigger screen 6s no ffc stuff in back look for force touch
posted on Feb 21, 2016, 11:04 PM 0
Posts: 1586; Member since: Aug 15, 2011
Can you have way to tell which carrier by model
posted on Feb 22, 2016, 12:09 AM 0
Posts: 1175; Member since: Apr 12, 2012
I've been doing this for a long time even with iPads, especially on online stores, some of whom can mix up images and names, long as the model number is correct, you know what you buying.
posted on Feb 22, 2016, 1:07 AM 0
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):