Apple to hold press conference in the morning to address cash reserves

Apple to hold press conference in the morning to address cash reserves
With the unadulterated success from Apple’s iPhone and iPad over the last few years, many have wondered, “What are they going to do with that cash pile?” Apparently all your questions will be answered tomorrow morning.

Apple has issued a press release for a conference call that will occur on Monday, March 19, 2012 at 6 a.m. pacific / 9 a.m. eastern. Tim Cook, CEO, and Peter Oppenheimer, CFO, will be hosting the call to “announce the outcome of the Company’s discussions concerning its cash balance.”

You can call in to the event or listen online. Checkout the press release below for call numbers and web addresses. The webcast will be available for replay for two weeks afterwards.

It is only about 12 hours until we find out officially, but in the mean time, what to you think Apple should do with its cash?



source: Engadget

FEATURED VIDEO

14 Comments

1. PAPINYC

Posts: 2315; Member since: Jul 30, 2011

Oh, oh, oh, oh ...... Mr. Kotter, iCan't wait!!! What about donating some of the money to iMprove their Sw3atshops??

4. christianqwerty

Posts: 467; Member since: May 05, 2011

They should give you some money for some new jokes

2. networkdood

Posts: 6330; Member since: Mar 31, 2010

Well, they will need some of the money for their new workplace and some more cash for their lawyers.

3. Lucas777

Posts: 2137; Member since: Jan 06, 2011

i think they should use the money for some serious R&D.. yes a few choice acquisitions will be necessary, but apple could use those billions for some crazy new tech… either that or a seriously huge aquistion that gets a ton of marketing and is useful… like maybe buying a teleprovider if they are serious about tv or something… either R&D or go big (but they might also do dividends.. not too sure about that though)

6. cellphonator

Posts: 298; Member since: Oct 29, 2011

A friend of mine has Apple shares and he heard they might really give some dividends.

14. cellphonator

Posts: 298; Member since: Oct 29, 2011

That's it, they're giving dividends!

5. pongkie

Posts: 663; Member since: Aug 20, 2011

they are going to buy a bunch of law firms and create a new product called iSue

7. pubbaa

Posts: 25; Member since: Mar 13, 2012

if they are serious about TV's here are somethings to consider late S.Jobs called Blu-ray a "bag of hurt" were they planing ultra high def tvs and current optical media just couldn't do the job..and no i'm not saying apple will introduce a optical media that's not how they roll,they are all about digital distribution just saying..maybe i'm off by couple of million miles

8. ilia1986 unregistered

They are going to use it to.. wait for it.. wait for it.. hold on.. tuckle your belt seat.. MAKE MORE MONEY!

9. drtech

Posts: 135; Member since: Mar 16, 2012

What if Apple announces that they're buying Google tomorrow? Can you imagine the fandroid eruption that would happen lol.

10. roscuthiii

Posts: 2383; Member since: Jul 18, 2010

I think it will probably be dividends. Maybe even an upcoming split. Unlike Steve Jobs, Tim Cook actually believes in giving back. Tim could actually make Apple respectable again. Ethical, at least.

11. ilia1986 unregistered

First give back the freedom to consumers to control their device however they want. Then we'll talk.

13. cellphonator

Posts: 298; Member since: Oct 29, 2011

They have to give the full control of their device to make happy 10% of their customers? Because the other 90% doesn't give a crap and won't use it properly, what's the point? Do you understand that the majority of cellphones users, including Android users, are average people, not geeks? Who they have to make happy, you?

12. paulyyd

Posts: 340; Member since: Jan 08, 2011

Okay bro!! I'll make sure to relay the message

Latest Stories

This copy is for your personal, non-commercial use only. You can order presentation-ready copies for distribution to your colleagues, clients or customers at https://www.parsintl.com/phonearena or use the Reprints & Permissions tool that appears at the bottom of each web page. Visit https://www.parsintl.com/ for samples and additional information.