Sony Ericsson MW600 Review
Sony Ericsson MW600, so, please, read on this review, for this headset has a lot to offer.
Design-wise, the Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth headset is extremely compact (6.88 x 5.90 x 24.40) and lightweight (13 g). Just to visualize it - if your hands are with average size, the MW600 is almost as small as your little finger and the clip-on design means it's easy to carry it around. This wireless headset doesn't offer something unseen in similar devices, i.e. you have headphones, which you connect to a 3.5mm jack, placed on the Bluetooth module. On the top side, this wireless device sports some goodies like an OLED display, a microphone and the end call button. On the left, we have the USB port, as well as the dedicated power button, while on the right there is the 3.5 mm headphone connector. On the back side resides the above-mentioned clip, while the two upper sides are occupied by the volume rocker and the play, back and forward buttons.
FM radio is also offered as a feature.
1. redX (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 07:42 1
Is it a REVIEW ? its very short..
I own MW600...Somethings mentioned in review are wrong..
MW600 can connect to three handsets not two ...
In review there is nothing about music quality.. (was there any line i missed ?? )
Its having awsome music quality.
Well if anyone wanna know more about it .. you can ask..
5. deepak_nr posted on 22 Jan 2011, 09:32 0
I am buying Galaxy 3 which has Bluetooth ver 3, am concerned if this will with it because of Ver 1.5?
12. bux (unregistered) posted on 15 Feb 2011, 20:16 0
by connecting two handsets, means 'simultaneously'
from my experience, one as a MP3 player (A2DProfile), the other as Phone (Headset profile)
connecting three - i haven't tried it, but am sure it will leave one connection :) at least i don't have to pair for it (turn off, then turn on)
24. Nrjyeole (unregistered) posted on 16 Jun 2011, 01:55 0
Can it be connected to any bluetooth enable handset?? I have nokia c6-01 and nokia 5233 can it be connected to these handsets??
33. prem86 posted on 18 Mar 2012, 10:13 0
Is this headset having wind and background noise cancellation features??
36. beemparthiban posted on 27 Aug 2012, 04:54 0
hi Sir,can you please tell whether this headset is compatible with xperia P and xperia go?
2. sacky73 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 07:50 0
This was a very poor review that did not include how music was played in the headset. It did not even include a comparison with other head sets.
A very poor review
3. Issac (unregistered) posted on 20 Jan 2011, 09:14 0
Does it works with Mediascape on the X10?
4. Silviu (unregistered) posted on 21 Jan 2011, 09:49 0
It's a good device, very pleasant musik quality...
But I have a problem unfortunately: the samsung wave didnt't work well with it. Sound quality via Mw600 from wave is poor, metalic one. Strange because the this phone work very good with other headphones, and the MW600 work brilliant with the other phone that I have (SE w880).
Anyway I wait the Xperia Arc to appear and I hope a 100% match.
13. Josephkarthic (unregistered) posted on 23 Feb 2011, 05:04 0
Yes i agree, but set the equalizer to rock + bass enhancement and ull feel little difference..its actually quite tricky but u can..
connect the earphones in to the phone and start music player with rock + bass equalizer then long press menu icon and end music player while playing music, then connect the mw600 or anyother bluetooth headset and once its connected just press the play button on the headset without going to music player..ull find the equalizer is set to bass + rock..dont disturb it otherwise ull get the msg"bass enhancement works with headphones mode"
6. deepak_nr posted on 22 Jan 2011, 09:35 0
Thank You PhoneArena for this Review, I frankly don't like those long Reviews. But this ones good.
I can buy this neat set once i find out if it will work on the Galaxy 3.
7. dacs3266 posted on 23 Jan 2011, 01:44 0
you should hire me as a councilor for music quality..
im going to buy this tomorrow.. hehehe
8. dacs3266 posted on 23 Jan 2011, 01:44 0
nice review though.. except for the sound quality part (missing)
25. dk (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 02:12 0
YES ITS WORKING ON C7
10. sacky73 (unregistered) posted on 23 Jan 2011, 07:04 0
How can it be a good review when the most important aspect of it, the music quality, is missing. I don't like long reviews but this certainly was a poor review.
By the way I bought two of them so I have nothing against the headset itself.
14. muhammad (unregistered) posted on 17 Mar 2011, 06:17 0
Can the device act as a wireless microphone, recording audio it into your phone?
15. Jackthefirst (unregistered) posted on 19 Mar 2011, 13:37 0
If ad2p supports it, it could possible. And, reviewer, the headphones have a necklace that you can put around your neck. so you only have one cord on the front. hope u understand it lol
16. nish1994 posted on 21 Mar 2011, 02:32 0
@ Jackthefirst ......
plz can u tell how its sound quility (i hv sony ericesson-hazel)
18. Sorin407 (unregistered) posted on 01 Apr 2011, 16:31 0
I want to ask everybody who post comments here or elsewhere, to think about that some people might read and consider this article as honest. I did, and I failed. I have bought an an MW600.
On the review is written ".. can be paired with two handsets simultaneously". That's wrong. The MW600 CAN NOT connect to two mobile phones simultaneously, for example.
The product is far away from the Sony presentation or from other bluetooth headsets with same price.
1. It is written that is dual point, but is nor written that you CAN NOT connect to two mobile phones at once.
2. The mic filters are very bad or not at all.
3. The controls are (to be polite) unintelligent.
4. Radio is just for kids.
If you need a radio headset only, you may spend your money in wind. If you want a proper bluetooth headset, forget about MW600.
19. Manssoor (unregistered) posted on 23 Apr 2011, 09:16 0
In Cons ... What that mean :
Bluetooth version 1.5
20. xperia 600 (unregistered) posted on 04 May 2011, 14:34 0
the bluetooth ver is not 1.5 it is 2.1
dont see the profile see the bluetooth core version
21. yce_marvel (unregistered) posted on 13 May 2011, 12:07 0
did someone experienced capable function of sound recording with the mw600?
is really also capable to record fm music?
and is there a posibility to make the bluetooth not to stop media player when i switch the phone (mine is SE ELM) to camera function?
i will be so pleased to give thanks for some adivece regarding this few issues...
thank you anticipated!
22. Galaxy Tab 7 with SE MW600 (unregistered) posted on 14 May 2011, 06:25 0
I return within 7 days and get refund. 2 main reason, it' won't auto connect and need to to maunal re-connect even paired. on the 6 days it never wake even recharge with no panel lid and cannot wake even upplug so return it and wait till next generartion of this one.
23. Naz (unregistered) posted on 30 May 2011, 20:25 0
work on my galaxy tab. Just download liveware manager from android market and pair using it..
26. dk (unregistered) posted on 20 Aug 2011, 02:20 0
Sony Ericsson MW600
1.) looks 7 out of 10
2.) feature 10 out of 10
3.) built in screen (view no.s , battery level shows, )
4.) built in FM
5.) any 3.5mm headphone connects with it.
6.) connect with laptop also.
7.) soun quality 5 out of 10
1.) looks 8 out of 10
2.) feature 7 out of 10
3.) no screen
4.) no FM
5.) any 3.5mm headphone connects with it.
6.)sound quality 10 out of 10
27. Siddharthvarshney (unregistered) posted on 26 Aug 2011, 04:56 0
Which is better Nokia BH-505/214 or SE MW600 please suggest.
I have a Nokia X6.I want a good sound quality,good battery life and good connectivity...
28. master_shifu (unregistered) posted on 28 Aug 2011, 22:17 0
Hello, i have a satio,
can the MW600 control the music player even if the phone is locked?
31. kv.shashank posted on 18 Dec 2011, 08:52 0
Yes.... MW600 should control the music player when the phone is locked because, im enjoying the music as well as controlling when my sony W950 is locked :)
29. JPiferrer (unregistered) posted on 20 Sep 2011, 12:57 0
Hi, Im from Argentina (my english isnt very good either) I have used MW600 about two months, ill make a mini review to share:
- Very Good Sound Quality
- Good Bass (w/Included headphones)
- Fancy Design (i have the white model)
- Bright and legible display
- Compatibility with a lot of devices (Phones, Computer, etc)
- Quality of wires
- Headphones are very unconfortable after a long period of use (In Ear)
- Headphones cable should be different (mad quality and not easy to handle)
- Volume Up/Down Mechanism (sometimes it goes on accidentally)
That's it!, please forgive me, if you see some writing mistakes, english is not mi native language!
THANKS! REGARDS FROM ARGENTINA!!!
30. kv.shashank posted on 18 Dec 2011, 08:51 0
Can someone help me to fix the issue with my MW600? It has stopped responding from two days (only battery level indicator is showing), its not getting charged, discharged or getting paired / visible to my sony W950 and other phones....
Please help me to fix this, cos i love my MW600....
32. sandeep86sandhu posted on 29 Feb 2012, 08:21 0
Can anybody please tell me that is MW600 is compatible with Nokia E71 or not. Because i am not planning to by the new cell phone.
35. KenBrown posted on 30 Mar 2012, 05:31 0
If you have Bluetooth yes. Ps I bought mine for £26 (new inc postage).
34. KenBrown posted on 30 Mar 2012, 05:29 0
Excellent bit of Kit. Understand things clear though... You must have Bluetooth on your phone, you must have Radio on your phone, you must have a Music Player on your phone to enjoy this device. The device (and headphones) acts as the Aerial. Both Phone and device must be turned on.
Great for running, walking the dog, at work etc etc. Get the white one.
37. digitaltempest posted on 02 Jan 2013, 08:32 0
I see many people complaining that this review didn't cover music quality. Seems like that would be objective anyway since you can connect any set of headphones with a 3.5mm jack. It seems like this review focused on the actual unit perhaps for that reason. The sound quality is only going to be as good or as bad as whatever headphones you're using.