Violinist gets interrupted by Nokia ringtone, gives it right back
As we saw earlier this month at the New York Philharmonic performance, some performers find an unwelcomed cell phone ring so infringing, that they must halt the entire performance.
When Lukáš Kmit was faced with a similar situation while playing his violin in Slovakia, he responded in a completely different manner. As you can see in the video below, he quickly regains his composure and plays back the famous Nokia tune, delighting the audience instead of letting the interruption spoil the performance.
We have to say, well played sir!
1. hybris (Posts: 56; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Haha that's awesome. What a good sense of humor.
5. Glim12808 (Posts: 391; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Very Impressive! But this does NOT excuse the owner of the cellphone at all!
8. e.wvu (unregistered)
Because it's a Sunday and PA doesn't really have a lot of news posted on Sunday's. So why not?
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5657; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Cause.their idiots and bored.have nothing else.too post
9. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
When an iPhone rings during a show, its the end of the world, but when a Nokia does it, its alright. Dx
10. niteshbids (Posts: 3; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
Its not about iPhones,Androids or Nokias here. It's about ill mannered people and prompt response by the violinist! Get a life or troll about your iBrick somewhere else
12. nat_frost (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Dec 2011)
A note to Charlene. Lukáš Kmit is a viola player not the violin
13. -RVM- (Posts: 329; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Well, after all its a well known composition (Gran Vals) from famous classical guitar composer Francisco Tarrega :)
14. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5657; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
They only try too pull a Apple only at a classical concert just too market themselves. Would throw the bum out. You dont see Black Berry or Android phones making sounds at classical concerts. Anyone would of know how too lower your volume or AT least mute your phone before the concert. Learn too show coutersy of others.
16. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
nice move on the violinist's part to bring a little levity to a rude situation.