x PhoneArena is hiring! Reviewer in the USA

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail

Posted: , by Nanko R.

Tags :

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail
One of the things that the Apple iPhone brought to the World was the Visual Voice Mail (VVM) service. Of course, the cool ideas get popular and Samsung Instinct was the first rival model to offer it, on Sprint’s network. Verizon Wireless now also enters the game, announcing its VVM service. Unlike it was expected before the official announcement, it will be free as with all other providers..

The VVM app will be distributed on a revamped version of the popular LG Voyager, called Voyager Refresh, and will be also available for download to current owners of the phone. Other models are expected to support it as well, but there is no information on exact models or dates.

source: Verizon, Thanks Omie!

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail
Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail

1. Baxterb (unregistered)

I'm suprised it didn't go to the dare first

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:51

I agree, although I'm a user of the Voyager so I'm glad!!

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 13:22

I have LG Dare but I am not too concerned about this visual voicemail that AT&T made a big hype about and now Verizon is adding. I don't see anything special at all with that lousy service. I mean the whole visual voicemail thing is a hype why not get a freewww.youmail.com service which is by leaps and bounds much better than any cell phone carrier's voice mail service. I am really happy with mine so I don't even care about this visual voicemail function since I have been using youmail for a while and I love it. Take a look at it guys. I am sure all of you will be seriously impressed regardless of your carrier and your bias.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 17:20

im so confused. is their a new voyager coming out. like what do they mean by voyager refresh. is there any new hardware ? cause i have the current one. will there be anything different between the 'refresh' and the 'current' and if there is no difference. how do i get the visual voicemail. does it cost money ? is it a subscription or one time payment ? are they any other features in the update ? come on phonearena.. dont leave me hanging with all these questions !!!!!

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 08:42

The new voyager is supposed to be released in silver. there isn't any other differene other than visual voicemail will come preloaded. there is a monthly fee

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 14:57

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 15:12

well is there any other updates in the actuall software update like maybe a horizontal qwerty touch keayboard. or maybe even a portrait view for the internet.

posted on 06 Aug 2008, 11:22

There is no monthly service fee. it would be released as a service firmware upgrade. Either can download from vzw website or take it to a verizon store WHEN IT IS OFFICIALLY has been released. Its going to have about 4 changes, more like added on features. Don't get confused with the name "refresh" all it is is just the codename for firmware upgrade.

posted on 25 Nov 2008, 07:52

You shouldn't talk about bias considering you're obviously plugging this service.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:06

2. anonimis (unregistered)

how do we get it

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 15:53

you buy it first

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:09

I wonder if this we be offered for VZW Blackberrys?? Will the Blackberry Thunder support visual voicemail?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 21:33

It should! Whenever thunder comes around :-)

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 17:00

This was already news once before when it was leaked, Voyager Refresh, BB Thunder, MOTO VU30 Rapture, Chocolate 3, and MOTO Blaze zn4 will have this

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:25

Does that mean there is a new firmware out. because I can not send it to my phone?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:36

new firmware is needed

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:21

5. me (unregistered)

i cant send it to my phone either

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:28

neither can i

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:59

make sure you check your software on the voyager... if it's not on V07 it needs to be updated. I'm not sure if they released a newer software version to make the VVM possible.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:42

9. me (unregistered)

im on the phone with vzw now she is having trouble doing it to my phone from her end too....maybe its a server error

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:48

If they were smart, they wouldve had it for the Dare 1st. or just come wth a HOT new phone. I mean like the Voyager days are pretty much over, they arent the hottest thing anymore. A Voyager 2 woulda been a good idea also or release dis with Lg Prada.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 15:10

The Dare is VZW's version of the Prada. and it will eventually bbe available for all phones, but the manufacturers have to create new firmware for the phones before it is available. As soon as they have release the updates VZW will release them.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:52

12. oshigeru (unregistered)

it's not available until september, so say the VZW people. When that comes, you brin gyour voyager to the VZW store and they'll upgrade the firmware for you. :]

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 09:39

It's available now. just go to the store and get the phone flashed.....

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:57

13. me (unregistered)

but its not considered a firmware update she told me...she said it should have just been an "over the air" application download, she told me to go to a vz store because they can manually do it there

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 12:33

will the new env2 support this eventually?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:25

The new firmware is supposed to include drag & drop icons (like the LG Dare), copy & paste, a drawing pad, and of course visual voicemail.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 08:54

how did you find out all the stuff its bringing , and will it come with qwerty touch screen when txting hope so.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:37

# 20 u-r a liar. AT&T kickin' Ass, they gained more customers than any other providers including ur vzw. That's 1 of the reason they went and bought alltell. Pressure is too much for them and I hope they can pay part of their debts 12 billion dollars revenue they got. VZW FAN BOYS!!!

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:58

#24 Read and understand the comment before you reply! VZW gained 1.5M customers during the second quarter 2008 and AT&T gained 1.2M customers. Thus VZW gained more customers, despite AT&T releasing the IPhone 3G