x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail

Posted: , by Nanko R.

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail
One of the things that the Apple iPhone brought to the World was the Visual Voice Mail (VVM) service. Of course, the cool ideas get popular and Samsung Instinct was the first rival model to offer it, on Sprint’s network. Verizon Wireless now also enters the game, announcing its VVM service. Unlike it was expected before the official announcement, it will be free as with all other providers..

The VVM app will be distributed on a revamped version of the popular LG Voyager, called Voyager Refresh, and will be also available for download to current owners of the phone. Other models are expected to support it as well, but there is no information on exact models or dates.

source: Verizon, Thanks Omie!

Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail
Verizon launches Visual Voice Mail

1. Baxterb (unregistered)

I'm suprised it didn't go to the dare first

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:51

I agree, although I'm a user of the Voyager so I'm glad!!

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 13:22

I have LG Dare but I am not too concerned about this visual voicemail that AT&T made a big hype about and now Verizon is adding. I don't see anything special at all with that lousy service. I mean the whole visual voicemail thing is a hype why not get a freewww.youmail.com service which is by leaps and bounds much better than any cell phone carrier's voice mail service. I am really happy with mine so I don't even care about this visual voicemail function since I have been using youmail for a while and I love it. Take a look at it guys. I am sure all of you will be seriously impressed regardless of your carrier and your bias.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 17:20

im so confused. is their a new voyager coming out. like what do they mean by voyager refresh. is there any new hardware ? cause i have the current one. will there be anything different between the 'refresh' and the 'current' and if there is no difference. how do i get the visual voicemail. does it cost money ? is it a subscription or one time payment ? are they any other features in the update ? come on phonearena.. dont leave me hanging with all these questions !!!!!

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 08:42

The new voyager is supposed to be released in silver. there isn't any other differene other than visual voicemail will come preloaded. there is a monthly fee

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 14:57

RTFA

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 15:12

well is there any other updates in the actuall software update like maybe a horizontal qwerty touch keayboard. or maybe even a portrait view for the internet.

posted on 06 Aug 2008, 11:22

There is no monthly service fee. it would be released as a service firmware upgrade. Either can download from vzw website or take it to a verizon store WHEN IT IS OFFICIALLY has been released. Its going to have about 4 changes, more like added on features. Don't get confused with the name "refresh" all it is is just the codename for firmware upgrade.

posted on 25 Nov 2008, 07:52

You shouldn't talk about bias considering you're obviously plugging this service.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:06

2. anonimis (unregistered)

how do we get it

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 15:53

you buy it first

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:09

I wonder if this we be offered for VZW Blackberrys?? Will the Blackberry Thunder support visual voicemail?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 21:33

It should! Whenever thunder comes around :-)

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 17:00

This was already news once before when it was leaked, Voyager Refresh, BB Thunder, MOTO VU30 Rapture, Chocolate 3, and MOTO Blaze zn4 will have this

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 08:25

Does that mean there is a new firmware out. because I can not send it to my phone?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:36

new firmware is needed

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:21

5. me (unregistered)

i cant send it to my phone either

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:28

neither can i

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 10:59

make sure you check your software on the voyager... if it's not on V07 it needs to be updated. I'm not sure if they released a newer software version to make the VVM possible.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:42

9. me (unregistered)

im on the phone with vzw now she is having trouble doing it to my phone from her end too....maybe its a server error

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:48

If they were smart, they wouldve had it for the Dare 1st. or just come wth a HOT new phone. I mean like the Voyager days are pretty much over, they arent the hottest thing anymore. A Voyager 2 woulda been a good idea also or release dis with Lg Prada.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 15:10

The Dare is VZW's version of the Prada. and it will eventually bbe available for all phones, but the manufacturers have to create new firmware for the phones before it is available. As soon as they have release the updates VZW will release them.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:52

12. oshigeru (unregistered)

it's not available until september, so say the VZW people. When that comes, you brin gyour voyager to the VZW store and they'll upgrade the firmware for you. :]

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 09:39

It's available now. just go to the store and get the phone flashed.....

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 11:57

13. me (unregistered)

but its not considered a firmware update she told me...she said it should have just been an "over the air" application download, she told me to go to a vz store because they can manually do it there

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 12:33

will the new env2 support this eventually?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:25

The new firmware is supposed to include drag & drop icons (like the LG Dare), copy & paste, a drawing pad, and of course visual voicemail.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 08:54

how did you find out all the stuff its bringing , and will it come with qwerty touch screen when txting hope so.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:37

# 20 u-r a liar. AT&T kickin' Ass, they gained more customers than any other providers including ur vzw. That's 1 of the reason they went and bought alltell. Pressure is too much for them and I hope they can pay part of their debts 12 billion dollars revenue they got. VZW FAN BOYS!!!

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:58

#24 Read and understand the comment before you reply! VZW gained 1.5M customers during the second quarter 2008 and AT&T gained 1.2M customers. Thus VZW gained more customers, despite AT&T releasing the IPhone 3G

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:58

typo. AT&T gained 1.3M

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 21:37

Freaking AT&T retarded fanboys. No doubt AT&T collected all the idiots on their network. iphone w****s.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 01:09

#24, I think its funny how you mock Verizon buying Alltel. I once remember two smaller companies dwarfed by Verizons customer base. These companies were called Cingular and AT&T. Cingular bought AT&T which made it the largest carrier. Cingular bought AT&T with around 23 million customer to make it the largest. Verizon only had to buy out a company with 13 million to reclaim victory with an excesse of around 8 million to play with. That tells me that Verizon simply did more hard work than AT&T/Cingular. I am not saying AT&T is a bad company by any means. I used to work for them. But there was a reason I went to Verizon. Its called integrity. The fact that Verizon is apparently in debt is due to them investing an extraordinary amount of money into there network and customer service. A company like that will only continue to grow and prosper. Now back to the Visual Voicemail since this IS about that. I think it would have been a great idea to launch it on the Dare first and then other phones later. It would have really helped them sell more Dares until the next big device came out.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 13:32

is iPhone w***e suppose to be degrading? It sounds kind of stupid and funny. I have an iPhone and love it. Can you tell me what that has to do with being a whore cause Im pretty slow and might have missed that.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 13:33

I still don't know why AT&T and Cingular merged, but I'm pretty sure that the reason why Verizon bought alltel has something to do with AT&T and/or iPhone

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 13:45

The iPhone 3g just came about about 2 weeks ago. I doubt that the results are very conclusive because the last iPhone sold 6 million and this is expected to sell to sell about 10 million when they have currently sold about two million if I'm guessing correctly (I might be wrong so I don't want any crazy apple or Verizon fans shouting at me). Plus I doubt that everyone who planned on buying a 3g already did considering how AT&T is always running out. So don't get too excited just yet #26.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 14:36

nothing to do with either apple or iphone. by buying alltell, we are basically buying their towers, and in the process saving over 1 billion a year in roaming agreements between the 2 companies. ATT/Cingular was 2 desperate companies trying to survive, Verizon / Alltell is one well built company just making a smart move to cut costs further.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 03:34

If I remember correctly, AT&T and Cingular were two very prominent carriers. They surely had more customers than alltel so I don't understand how AT&T/Cingular could be more desperate than alltel. And why would the roaming agreements be so expensive when sharing towers is mutually beneficial to both carriers? I'm asking these questions because you say "we" so I'm guessing you work with Verizon.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 09:39

72. CellDilbert (unregistered)

For most of its exsistence the IPhone was a overhyped/overpriced piece of garbadge, but now...even if you only bought it for basic cell service and an MP3 player 199/299 for 8/16 GB is pretty good. Just don't use it without an internet plan. =)

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 11:37

Just a little add to cutomer base and profitability........ VZW is still a privately held company....

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 12:47

Verizon does not care about that inferior iphone and none of us customers miss that piece crap either. So I think your post is useless.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 12:49

Who cares about any freaking numbers? As long as I am happy with my phone and service I am careless about apple or att for that matter.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 16:02

why do so many people hate on the iPhone? I think people just call it garbage because if all the attention it is getting. There are some phones that really really suck but why isn't anyone pointing then out? I have the iPhone and I think it's great. I don't know what's garbage about it. The music player is great, the camera is okay, I love the touch screen sensitivity, and I have a lot of freaking cool applications. I was going to buy the dare based on reviews. But when I went to the Verizon store closest to me I played around with it and I wasn't impressed at all. Some people said that the touch screen improved a lot compared to the voyagers, but that was not true. So why aren't there that many negative reviews about the dare? All I read is apple is garbage, and crapple but I don't see any real reasons to back it up.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 16:19

yeah. I know that the iPhone is missing a lot of features like picture messaging and video, but it's still a really hood phone. So many websites say the iPhone is better than the dare but nobody says anything about the dare.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 13:42

17. anonymis (unregistered)

vzw has the lowest churnover rate than any other carrier. the visual voicemail wasnt supposed to be part of a firmware update it was just supposed to be a normal downloadable app. you need a new name other than vzw fan boys, thats gay once again

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 14:27

actually here are the numbers since you think im worng. VZW gained 1.5 million net adds the highest in the industry. ATT gained 1.33 million net adds down 8.4% from its 1.45 million in 2Q07 VZW churn was down to 1.12 total adds and .83 post-paid adds. Lowest in the industry ATT's churn was reported at 1.6% which is up from last quaters 1.7 not to mention VZW consistantly creates the most revenue. yea... oh and you ask how i got this info....a little friend us reps like to call infomanager

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 14:33

Vzw full of shit!!! Y they gonna charge $5 for apps that's suppose to be free? And this for ya vzw fan boys out there, drop call don't necessary means is a bad network. I have a friend of mine, she got Verizon but her phone stay droppin' call like crazy then she finally changed her phone all that is stop now. Did it means vzw have bad network??? No! And don't give me that bullshit every company have had drop call including vzw. All of u vzw fan needs to understand that vzw ain't 100% reliable and they will never be. U can't never be too sure about tecknology.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 14:58

wow....nice grammer. anywaythe VVM is free.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 17:47

WOW I see you ain't a be a good gramerist you you can be. Maybe you might want to spend a few bucks on grammer for dummies before you start shooting off at the mouth..

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 21:40

The word is: grammar, not grammer. There's an option to check spelling as well. But hey, me komplete andarstand u.

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 21:41

I wonder if any of you idiots even successfully finished high school. Sad individuals it's called education.

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 01:18

Oh wow. I am speechless. I think everyone that has and will visit phonearena.com is that much dumber because of #29. I went to school in a town of about 700 people where they litteraly drove tractors to school. We had actual imbred students. No kidding. Our school liason officer (Sheriff) was having sex with an underage girl. This was about the most hick school and town in america. But somehow we still learned how to spell for the most part. But #29 I am in awe of you. You have completely taken it to another level. You should seriously consider playing russian roullette with a fully loaded revolver. BTW. I am not originally from that town therefore I am not imbred. ;u)

posted on 02 Aug 2008, 16:49

FREE WITH MANDATORY $30 DATA PACKAGE isn't free. Ask any iPhone or Instinct Customer... it amazes me how ignorant someone can be to make a claim that Visual Voicemail is free on the competing devices. It will be free when you have the option to remove the $30 data pack and still have the service. Let me know when that happens over at AT&T or Sprint, will ya?

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 12:52

who gives a crap about visual voicemail when we had youmail for a while and it's much better then any visual voicemail.

posted on 03 Aug 2008, 16:25

voicemail is free. Data isn't. They could have charged 5 dollars for the voicemail feature but they didn't. That means that it's free. They are two different things.

posted on 04 Aug 2008, 00:56

10 platinum stars to Cookie Monster...lmao

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 22:34

wow #29...you really are stupid. Learn English before you ever attempt to make a comment online again. Seriously buddy that's sad.

posted on 05 Aug 2008, 23:36

113. chup12682 (unregistered)

whoa... what is youmail?

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 14:39

22. Metall8cat (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Apr 2008)

OK, besides the fanboy talk, just found out that VZW is delaying this, so it's not gonna work right now. Yes, the Voyager will need a s/w flash to get it to work. No ETA as to when it's gonna be available again, but hopefully soon

posted on 01 Aug 2008, 15:17

24. jrcrow (unregistered)

meh..who knows if its free, lol..be prepared to leave IV drip on your wallett and plan on NOT keeping any minutes..GO ATT!!