x We have placed cookies on your device to make your experience better. Find more info here.
x PhoneArena.com наема във Варна! Ако технологиите са в кръвта ти и имаш перфектен писмен английски,
ние ти даваме възможността да станеш част от екипа ни. - виж повече

Sprint will launch several new phones in April

Posted: , by Pressian K.

Sprint will launch several new phones in April
LG LX400

LG LX400

Sanyo PRO-700

Sanyo PRO-700

*UPDATED* BlackBerry information

About a year and four months ago, Sprint announced its plans to use Qualcomm’s Qchat platform to provide push-to-talk services on their Sprint PCS CDMA network. Currently, the #3 operator offers the popular Nextel Walkie-Talkie feature, and the Qchat will enable them to offer similar option on the EV-DO Revision A network, as well as interoperability with the Nextel service.

All devices covered here will be launched April 16th:

Images of one of the first such devices – LG LX400 were already seen in the wild, and now we have more details on it. The device (and probably the service – will confirm this later) will be available April 16th, and has Suggested Retail Price of $279.99. The actual prices on all devices will be definitely a lot lower!

The second device to be launched is the slim clamshell Sanyo PRO-200 Direct Connect capable! Its SRP price is $249.99.

Sanyo PRO-700, which was approved yesterday by FCC, has SRP price of $269.99 and it is also Direct Connect capable. The rugged headset meets Military Specification 810F for dust, shock and vibration and has Bluetooth.

Sprint is expected to launch the BlackBerry Curve 8330 Titanium. The CDMA variant of the Curve (which is offered by both AT&T and T-Mobile) will be similar in features and design, a small smartphone with trackball, camera and memory card slot.

The last new device is the Sanyo Katana LX, which will be offered in Blue, Pink and Black. The direct replacement of Katana II is a low-end device which offers just the extreme basics – VGA camera and Bluetooth in the typical for Katana design language.

For those using PC cards for Internet access, Sierra Wireless is prepping the 597 model, which is supposed to be 70% smaller compared to AC595U and microSD memory card reading functionality as well.

posted on 20 Oct 2010, 01:41

1. Ben (unregistered)

What about the samsung m800 or u940? any news on those?

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 16:12

2. ryan (unregistered)

yeah really no m800? ...that must mean the samsung m800 won't come out till AFTER april 16th...

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 16:44

3. Horpor (unregistered)

I think it's Sanyo Katana IX, meaning Sanyo Katana 3 (just using Roman numerals).

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 17:01

4. Nino (unregistered)

It says a titanium version of the curve 8830? The 8830 is already out and you link to it. So I'm assuming the curve is not the phone you are talking about.

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 18:23

IX = 9 not 3 :)

posted on 23 Feb 2008, 19:34

6. Darkness (unregistered)

i have to agree with #2, VERIZON does rule! Verizon is the best carrier out there! Well, at least here in the U.S., and we all know that the U.S. is the only country that really matters. I mean come on, We're the world's only Superpower! U.S.A. all the way! huuaaaaahhahahahahaaaaaaaaaahhhhhaaaaahhahahahahahahhhhaaaaaahh! (AN EVEN MORE EVIL LAUGH!)

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 10:12

7. Steven (unregistered)

Nino: He's talking about the 8330 Curve, not the 8800. We're finally getting the Curve on CDMA! Wahoo!

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 13:00

people hate america for the same reason they hate when their team loses. they dont like not being on the winning team. everyone wants to win. other than that, i think #7 was just being funny. dont be such a libby #8! :D back to cell phones.. verizon rules, spring drools!! so, how many people have nextel? how many people dont realize their nextel phones probably wont work after june! bye bye sprint!

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 14:16

9. Coppock (unregistered)

Hey #4 the roman numeral IX DOES NOT stand for the # 3 that roman numeral would be the # 8... III is the roman numeral for 3

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 14:18

10. Coppock (unregistered)

sorry IX = 9

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 14:29

11. Rep (unregistered)

Verizion has horrible credit checks and pre 3g service >.> that negates how much it rules i fink. Sprint nights = 7pm = 2400mins a month > you face!

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 20:02

#5 Actually they do mean the curve because it isn't out for sprint or on any CDMA network for that matter

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 20:12

as soon as the xperia comes out, i'm gone for good from sprint and there crappy cust service or lack there of

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 20:58

14. rob21i (unregistered)

Sprint is horrible. No wonder they lost 800,000 customers in the 4th quarter. It will probably be 1 million this quarter.

posted on 24 Feb 2008, 21:38

15. Nino (unregistered)

#15. They changed that area about the Curve. I know it is suppose to come out soon

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 09:53

16. VZWRep (unregistered)

...you probably think Verizon Wireless has horrible credit checks because you couldn't get approved w/out a deposit! I know, it's just so AWFUL that a company prefers to have customers who have a better chance at paying their bills!

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 14:39

17. Curious. (unregistered)

Does anybody know anything about when that new phone comes out....the black and silver slide phone, similar to the rumor but its not the rumor...if you could help that would be great. thanks.

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 17:58

18. Rep (unregistered)

They didn't even run my credit i got a 680 so it doesnt make any sense at all. Not like i can't pay it buy why would i

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 20:01

19. stuntz (unregistered)

a 400 dollar deposit is nuts when sprint gives me 3 lines no deposit.

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 20:06

20. stuntz (unregistered)

How does sprint suck, because CS sucks? Still gotta face the fact, that sprint has the largest voice 295 million plus, and mobile broadband network 152 million plus.

posted on 25 Feb 2008, 20:54

21. Don Louie (unregistered)

So the Curve and LX will have ptt or are they just part of the April releases?

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 09:22

22. Doug (unregistered)

Explain something to me why is it Verizon rules? There high deposits? There expense plans? There "unlimited" data plans for laptops and PCs? Or is it there ability to have this great coverage area everywhere in the US? Wow all those things are very laughable and I will tell you QCHAT if they keep it under that title will blow the socks off of all the over paying, none believing, and cocky verizon customers not to mention this year sprints going past rev O while Verizon will be just getting it.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 09:37

23. Travis (unregistered)

I heard that the Samsung M800 was going to be out before April. Q1 2008 release??

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 10:30

24. Multi Rep (unregistered)

Ok 1st of VZW IS in Rev A. Maybe not in all markets but at least where I'm at they are. Sprint's CS is BEYOND subpar into definitions that should NEVER be used to clasify CS & that which is TERRIBLE. And their billing? Yeah let's not even go there. Yeah maybe a $400 deposit is a bit much but oddly enough those deposits only seem to come up with individuals who had another carrier, which most of the time coincidentally (SP), happened to be Sprint, that went into write off. Yeah there's a financially sound decision. Let's give a phone to the person who already had a phone with another carrier, eg. Sprint, & couldn't or didn't pay their bill. RIGHT..............

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 11:31

25. ryan (unregistered)

i jump onto this site to read what some people think of the new phones, and all i see is petty, nieve, and immature arguments about which provider is better. GET OVER IT PEOPLE...to each their own...If you want to go by facts alone, Sprint may have more coverage and fast EVDO speeds, but verizon has more customers. Sprint has 7pm nights, but ATT has rollover. Who is to say that one is better than the other??? not me. Just cause Spring is great for me, doesn't make it best for someone else. Just for kicks though...let me address the statment by comment #25. I find it funny that you claim to know what carrier each of the VZW applicants came from...and why they are required to have a deposit...very funny indeed. Since when did a simple credit eval EVER give out that info? Its called credit class, and people get pooled in one for many different reasons...and if VZW decided to charge $250 more than its #1 competitor, more power...just don't seem dumbfounded when they get sprint instead...K. According to facts alone, its simple to know that on paper Sprint is the clearly better choice for the majority of customers...(and if you know anything about the wireless world you will not argue this point) but the problem with this is that "on paper" isn't the end all...and never has been... so lets stop being so stupid, and learn that each carrier has their own pros and cons, and STOP ARGUING.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 12:03

From VZW's Website "With BroadbandAccess from Verizon Wireless in your notebook, you can access email, download files, and browse the Internet at broadband speed. Our growing high-speed wireless network covers more then 240 million people in 248 major metropolitan areas and 232 primary airports in the United States" Sprint doesn't even talk about how large their data network is. Yeah this is only VZW's EVDO-0&A coverage not including voice. Do your research.. Oh and about the fact taht vzw has pre-3g speeds... from speedtest.net if you go to Chandler Arizona b/c that is the only place I know taht has both Sprint and VZW broadband and not enough landline-based ISPs to drown out the data. VZW Cellco Partnership is 874, Sprint PCS 868.... Moron. I estimate sprint to file for bankruptcy or look to sell like Alltel did within 5 years. They lost a net 300,000 customers last Quarter while every other company gained around 1 million. You are a moron. I know everyone agrees with me.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 12:58

27. Chief (unregistered)

Wow...I didn't know sprint carried phones. I'd get better service sending messages on the wings of a pigeon!

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 12:58

28. Enema (unregistered)

stuntz how more of a schmuck could you be. sprint is so close to going bankrupt. verizon will own sprint soon. and to me it sounds like you(stuntz) need to get your priorities straight. if verizon wanted a deposit that either means they know that you are homosexual and like sniffing pickles....or you never pay your bills and have even more homosexual credit. i know...its both huh? if you ever want any advice from a professional...let me or Chief know. that goes to all of you, we can handle all you pickle sniffers in denial. have a nice gay...i mean day.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 13:20

29. Mult Rep (unregistered)

Ok 1st of all if you don't want to "argue" or as most ppl would put it state & read the opinions of others than MAYBE you shouldn't respond to ppl's comments. ESPECIALLY ppl who have been doing this work for almost 6yrs having sold ALL 4/5, (depending how you still view Sprint/Nextel) of the major national carriers. Everbody know how the debt to income ratio credit classification works. FACT - Individual annual income of $36,000. Annual debt rate of only roughly $28,000 so we all know the debt to income ratio won't bother them or as others put it their credit isn't over extended. Has NO other write offs except for one from oh I don't know let's say Sprint say 5 yrs back. GUARANTEE that individual WILL have a deposit for 99% of other carriers. Period. Oh and as to how I would know this information, well when an individual comes to get a phone and they say but all the bills I have I pay on time etc etc and I ask have you ever had a cell phone before really w/ who and what happened? it's funny how the majority of responses is, Yes, With Sprint, and They were charging me for stuff I wasn't doing or they shut my phone of because I was short a dollar or 2 on my bill so I Just stopped paying it all together. If you honestly think that cell phones don't look at more than just a customers credit rating you are naive. They do look for outstanding balances with other cellular providers. ESPECIALLY write offs. Straight from the manual credit review departments of ALL 4/5 national carriers.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 13:25

30. Mult Rep (unregistered)

I apologize but my last comment was NOT directed to #28. It was directed to Ryan.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 13:35

31. Don Louie (unregistered)

It looks like the majority of the phones released in April will be qchat, is the Curve and LX a part of that ptt movement?

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 13:49

32. ryan (unregistered)

credit class...its what the system works on...manual review is rare, and usually turns up because the system is unable to evaluate a credit class due to too much or too little info... i see that you are more nieve that i thought, cause if you weren't, you wouldn't be putting so much value in what a customer says about another carrier. If someone doesn't pay their bill (Sprint/Verizon/ATT/USCell, etc...) it reports negetively to their credit, and thats not good...and just because a customer gets billed for something they don't understand, doesn't mean its wrongly billed. Its clear that you don't understand how stuff "really works"...and thats fine. I can see now why you have sold so many different carriers...you can't keep the same job for very long. what are you, 12...get over yourself and learn proper grammer please.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 14:08

33. Michael (unregistered)

ok...most of you people are just rediculous. #1....I'm gay, #2...I've sold every major carrier except for Verizon. #3...I've had Verizon. It doesn't matter whether a person is gay or not. I could walk in and get a Verizon phone without any trouble if I wanted to. However, from personal experience...Verizon couldn't pay ME enough to carry one of their phones. I have never had trouble with the customer service that I have received from Sprint. However, the customer service that I received from Verizon when I was a customer, was horrible. I have worked for Cingular before. Even when I worked for Cingular and had a FREE phone, I still carried a Sprint phone. It always works everywhere that I go. I've been in the wireless industry for over 7 years, and for the past 4 years, I've worked for Sprint. I have had many customers who have been Sprint customers, switched to Verizon, and in less than 30 days came back to Sprint. So, it's really a matter of what works for the customer. If Sprint doesn't work for the customer, I will tell them that it's not going to work for them. Most people would just try to make the sell to the customer just because they're going to make a commission and don't care if it works for the customer.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 14:09

34. Tiger Uppercut (unregistered)

Now it especially doesnt matter since everyone jumped on the Unlimited bandwagon. Dont hate on #25. Sprint is doing something terribly wrong, or maybe some of its employees. I work for a VZW indirect dealer and half of my new activations each month are sprint portovers. I highly doubt both sprint stores in town all have terrible employees, in fact I know they dont, but their customer service is definitely lacking...possibly their rules and guidelines for employees as well which leads to even worse customer service. If you blame anything on any provider blame it on the Network's Corporate Advisors. Thats the real issue.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 14:15

35. Tiger Uppercut (unregistered)

Michael you obviously haven't been through Grand Junction, CO's sprint stores. Verizon rules the market in Colorado. I've never had a great or smooth convo with a Sprint Cust Service rep ever. Verizon I get right through and always have an American who speaks fluent English.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 14:17

36. Mult Rep (unregistered)

No really? That's what the system really works on is credit class? I didn't know that. Please get over yourself. 1st of all proper grammar: na·ive /nɑˈiv/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[nah-eev] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1. having or showing unaffected simplicity of nature or absence of artificiality; unsophisticated; ingenuous. 2. having or showing a lack of experience, judgment, or information; credulous: She's so naive she believes everything she reads. He has a very naive attitude toward politics. 3. having or marked by a simple, unaffectedly direct style reflecting little or no formal training or technique: valuable naive 19th-century American portrait paintings. 4. not having previously been the subject of a scientific experiment, as an animal. NOT nieve so maybe YOU should learn proper grammar. As for my job situation you really are an idiot. Did I say I worked multiple jobs? No I didn't. It is possible for an indirect, which is where I've worked for the last 5yrs, to sell MORE than one carrier, which is one of the pros that we have here, so only an idiot would make an a asinine, and just in case you don't know what asinine means: as·i·nine /ˈæsəˌnaɪn/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[as-uh-nahyn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation –adjective 1. foolish, unintelligent, or silly; stupid: It is surprising that supposedly intelligent people can make such asinine statements. 2. of or like an ass: asinine obstinacy; asinine features. assumption that I have held more than more than 1 job. Yes we all know know that credit class is how it works BUT if you knew what in the world you were talking about, I'm not talking about just random customer but friends, acquaintance's & family members, who have a write off from a previous carrier, & I'm sure you must have seen at some point by now if you really have worked this job in any way shape or form and well versed as you claim to be, who have a deposit w/ a carrier and yet can go out a wk later and get a $27,000 vehicle or buy a house.A ND as for my comment concerning MANUAL review it was a general statement for ppl to VERIFY w/ manual review of the company that they currently work for or sell and they will verify that they do look beyond the credit score to evaluate if there is past due balances or write offs w/ prior carriers. So with that I'm going to end my "discussion" with obviously YOU don't know what it is YOU'RE talking about.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 14:32

37. Michael (unregistered)

I'll give you this....maybe Sprint needs to stop giving away the house. Everyone who calls in wants a credit for something. Maybe we need to be more live Verizon and say TUFF! Most Sprint customer's dont realize that being nice to the service rep will get you alot further than going off right as they come on the phone. I'm glad I work with the White Glove customers, they don't complain very much.

posted on 26 Feb 2008, 22:29

38. David A. (unregistered)

at least these ones make cool walkie talkie noises. hopefully they will remember to remove the developer tools this time so people cant erase there phones initial programming. LOL at LG Rumor for doing that

posted on 27 Feb 2008, 03:15

39. Jole55 (unregistered)

Alltel actually has the largest voice calling area based of its roaming agreements with other companies, it covers 298 million peeps. Thats the reason why sprint doesn't advertise that they have the largest voice network anymore. And Verizon's ev-do mobile broadband network covers 240 million of the U.S. peeps. Sprint only covers 230 million peeps with its moible broadband network. Thats why sprint's "largest" mobile broadband network claim is based off of square miles, NOT actual U.S. population. And oh ya, verizon's rev. a data speeds cover there entire ev-do network and sprints rev. a only covers 110 million peeps. Thats less than half of there network. It sucks to be on rev 0 speeds (60-80k) upload. Learn your sh*t before u make yourself look like a moron. And everyone knows sprints customer service is horrible and a joke.

posted on 27 Feb 2008, 14:03

40. NICO (unregistered)

its III for three...IX is nine...sad the uneducated people in this world

posted on 28 Feb 2008, 14:31

41. Jonathan C (unregistered)

The article says the 8330 (same as AT&T and TMobile) although AT&T and TMobile websites only list the 8310. And blackberry.com doesn't list an 8330. Only a 8300, 8310, 8320. I wonder what the 8330 has that the others ones don't? I know the 8320 is the only one that offers the Wi-Fi. I wonder if the 8330 will have the Wi-Fi feature? I hope it does.

posted on 28 Feb 2008, 14:40

42. Jonathan C (unregistered)

I made a mistake. The T-Mobile verison has Wi-Fi, the AT&T verison does not. I read that the T-Mobile which has Wi-Fi only allows Wi-Fi to work on their HotSpot Routers at their HotSpots. That sucks, I wonder if Sprint will do something like that? I hope they allow you to connect to any Wi-Fi network. Also since Sprint just announced that they have Push to Talk again I hope they set this up.

posted on 28 Feb 2008, 17:27

43. ryan (unregistered)

the majority of the people on this thread are so uneducated, it makes me really wonder why they would even take the time to post... pathetic

posted on 05 Mar 2008, 12:22

sprint rulez, verizon just sucks

posted on 25 Mar 2008, 21:10

45. Stretch (unregistered)

The one above is talking about the Titanium version of the BB Curve, thats has indeed been out, but just not with SPRINT. I heard from this Sprint Rep that it'll will drop in Mid April, and if they don't promote in April, I'm dropping them like a hot potato and the BB features better not all be disabled, then I'll really be upset:)~ I bought the 8830 and took back in the same week so that I'll get my refund back before Mid April, lmao!!