Sony Xperia ZU 6.4" phablet could let you use a pencil, Snapdragon 800 on board
1. pwnarena (Posts: 869; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
apparently, the neonode touch tech on the togari is true. with those abnormally thick bezels, it would appear the neonode tech is in there. i just hope it also supports that other input type neonode demonstrated — the one where a player can play a racing game by just moving hands beside the device, without touching it.
16. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Note 3 competitor!!
Take note Samsung!!
Hmmm....that cannot last long with 6.4" HD screen
25. gundamexia450 (Posts: 20; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
well, it depend if the stamina mode is on or not
26. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Stamina mode is just a software gimmick like every other battery saver. You get the same poor battery life on the XZ whether it's on or not.
38. kurtdean99 (Posts: 74; Member since: 02 Jun 2013)
U're just a blind hater. It's not a gimmick it really works
40. Sitchiro (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
I hardly disagree on what you have said, stamina mode is not just a software gimmick! well battery usage will depend on the user and how he uses the device.
36. ebubekir26 (Posts: 311; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
don't underestimate the Note III
we all know it will beat this device, but don't get me wrong, that doesn't mean the Xperia ZU is bad at all.
3. _Bone_ (Posts: 2123; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Um... wouldn't a pen leave a mark if not a scratch?
8. vincelongman (Posts: 1117; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
I think pens and pencils aren't hard enough to scratch Dragontrail or Gorilla Glass. Pens would probably leave ink, but you should be able the wipe it off .
13. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
nobody wants to write and then wipe it.it looks too much awkward.
4. EXkurogane (Posts: 863; Member since: 07 Mar 2013)
Im a bit disappointed with the design to be frank, but the specs on paper are fantastic.
9. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
It's not only Sony man!
Nokia with their Lumia series,
Samsung with their Galaxy series,
LG with their Optimus series,
Apple with the iPhone...all look the same.
And now HTC is coming up with the similar to One look alikes.
18. kamejoko (Posts: 108; Member since: 10 Nov 2011)
Yeah! that's stupid. pencil can make the screen dirty, can not help drawing thick or thin
6. mi55u (unregistered)
that what you get when you don't have free stylus, poor sony fans
7. Jason2k13 (Posts: 641; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
so an oversize xperia Z, they better market this thing as a tablet, because from the picture, I don't think that will fit in the pocket.
10. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
But when Samsung does it with the Mega 6.3, everyone seems to have no problem at all! Why with Sony's 6.4?
14. MCrapp (Posts: 312; Member since: 07 Apr 2013)
Sorry but for me this is tablet not phablet!this same Mega 6.3
And if Samsung make Note4 bigger than 6" it will be a tablet!
17. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3006; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I know that.
I'm replying to Jason's pocket-ability issue regarding the Sony 6.4.
20. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
do you think 6'' is small? i think you must check galaxy mega 5.8
if i have the same point of view like you,
for me anything bigger than 5.5'' it will be a "small tablet"
15. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
bcoz nobody wants to buy mega 6.3 with mediocre specs but one might consuider zu because of exclusive feautures and top end specs.
19. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
anything with 5.5''+ display will have problem with any normal pocket
12. abcdefgh (banned) (Posts: 471; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
if u r waiting for s800 u will be disappointed.sorry
42. pulkit.tyagi (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
would you care to explain why ?
37. pyradark (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
sacrifice for the price!!
screen tech for input
neew screen tech
still dissapoint on battery part
30. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3984; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
A good camera has more elements to it than megapixels. The GS4 and Xperia Z have the exact same camera module, but the GS4 takes much better shots because of Samsung's better software. Sony can afford to lose some megapixels if they focus more on software.
24. dan86 (Posts: 298; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Exynos octa with cortex A15 clocked at 2.3 GHz will eat alive the Snapdragon 800.
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3984; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But the battery life would be absolute crap. Krait 300 and 400 can go to higher clock speeds to achieve A15-like or higher performance while maintaining a low power profile, without additional power saving cores.
43. pulkit.tyagi (banned) (Posts: 35; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
finally a person who gets it , thumbs up to you sir!
35. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
exynos octa with lower clocks and similar performance has much worse battery life than SD 600 both on the SGSIV, according to GSMArena
BTW, I think heat is another issue
28. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6349; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sits patiently for releas U.S. DATE
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3984; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
That battery seems a little low for such a large screen. The Note II has a 5.5" screen with a 3,100 mAh battery. Much larger screen + lower battery capacity = not good
34. Diazene (Posts: 123; Member since: 01 May 2013)
"...and a 6.5mm thin frame"
are you sure that this is grammatically correct?
39. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
will get this one the moment it comes out, and then note III the moment it comes out.. lol.... expecting the battery on both the devices to be good....
41. Sitchiro (Posts: 6; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
well basically bro, battery will depend on how you use your device :)
44. ashue (Posts: 28; Member since: 26 Feb 2013)
true that.... im more of a heavy user, so seeing that, i wish both the devices come with a good backup.... i know note 3 will have a good battery backup, want the sony fellas to also deliver.... :)