Oppo Find 7 and 7a owners experiencing yellowish colors, company responds
The second problem affects the Oppo Find 7's QHD display. Customers have complained that the screen's colors are too much on the yellow side, and less true than those of the Find 7a's 1080p panel. Oppo claims that the issue is resolved in a recent software update.
The Oppo Find 7a's 5.5-inch IPS panel is built by Japan Display Inc. In our review, we noted that the panel is "very cold" at a color temperature of 9531K (the reference point being 6500K) and specific colors are incorrect. However, we figured that the display is nice-looking overall. We're yet to notice any of the two problems for ourselves, but it appears the Find 7 and Find 7a are prone to errors - just like most smartphones out there.
1. mr2009 (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Mar 2013)
we need bigger picture than that... so we can look at the girl clearly :P
2. drazwy (Posts: 155; Member since: 15 Jan 2014)
little bigger. :)
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3463; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
She looks better in the small picture lol
9. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
My nexus 5's screen is also quite yellow, i flashed a custom kernel on it and problem solved
10. mmmanuuu (Posts: 287; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
Not just the yellow screen. There are a number of serious problems with my OPPO FIND 7A.
1. Phone gets heated up once when you browse the internet for 30 minutes. 2hrs of browsing and you can make an omlette on top of it. Seriously guys. You cant hold the phone in your hand. Its that hot.
2. Camera gets heated up when using the same.
3. You can virtually see the battery going down every minutes. Try taking 50mp photos. BOOM. You will lose 10 bars in your battery just like that.
4. Phone's lockscreen wont work most of the time. I'm using a custom launcher just for the lockscreen now.
5. Gesture controls made my phone format my sd card on its own while it was in my pocket.
6. Phone is very reluctant to turn on the display when you just turn off by yourself using power button. You gotta try atleast 5 times to succeed.
7. Touch Screen is too sensitive that almost all of your scrolls will registered as clicks.
8. Default Alarm app is too lazy to wake you up. It just wont work.
9. It always shows H+ even when you dont have 3G in that area and is in 2G network.
10. Phone wont respond sometimes when the default headset is plugged in.
Thats all I remember right now. I am living in India and I bought it from China last month. I will be selling this phone once LG G3 is out. Will check out ZTE NUBIA X6 on my next visit to china next week.
12. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
Did you buy the special "Peter Lau" edition of the phone? I heard they ship you an unfinished phone, sort of like raw meat.
13. JayBEE (Posts: 29; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
When was the Oppo Find 7 released? I was only aware that the Oppo Find 7a was released.
15. GreekGeek (Posts: 893; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
Early adopter blues.......Don't become one to avoid headaches!
Whatdya call this one, screen-gate?