HTC One (M8) for Windows render appears on Verizon's site
There is a Live Tile shown for Blink Feed, and one for "TV" which would indicate that the IR Blaster will be offered on this version of the HTC One (M8). Other features from the Android version, like the Duo camera, the 5 inch screen with 1080 x 1920 resolution, and the 5MP wide-angle front-facing camera, will all be found on the Windows Phone 8.1 version of the phone. Because the phone will come out of the box with the GDR1 update pre-installed, the Dot View case will be sold as an accessory for the Windows Phone version.
HTC has sent out invitations for an event to be held in New York City on August 19th. There has been talk of an August 21st launch of the Verizon branded model, via the online Microsoft Stores. It does seem that all of the pieces are fitting into place for such a release.
HTC One (M8) for Windows press render leaks from Verizon's website
1. Press render of HTC One (M8) for Windows
2. Note the difference in the speaker grille placement with the Android version at left
3. HTC to hold event on August 19th
source: Verizon via PCMag, WPCentral
14. Liveitup (Posts: 1596; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
To each his own, for myself and others its NO to Android YES to WP. Live and let live
34. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
But UltraPixel can't beat Pureview.
like Lytro can't beat Canon
2. na7noo7 (Posts: 274; Member since: 29 Mar 2014)
I know it will be called HTC One (W8) since I'm a leaker. Bad thing is that It's a Verizon exclusive.
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4111; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The lower speaker is close to the bottom of the phone because it's a render. You can see the same thing on the One M8 on Verizon's website.
5. Daytonadave17 (Posts: 54; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
I know it says Verizon! But they are saying there might be a global version too!! :) this phone will sell like crazy in my opinion!
7. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I agree, this will sell very well on wp platform
13. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Minimal work due to being the same damn phone as the m8 so it's still a win for wp fans and HTC
26. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
O.o sell well on wp, that too a non-nokia oem. Lol no. Mission impossible.
9. valapsp (Posts: 484; Member since: 12 Aug 2011)
f*ck thats gorgeous but I hate on screen buttons on Windows Phone .
11. Liveitup (Posts: 1596; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Hope it has VoLTE capability. No need for Blinkfeed its redundant, Live Tiles can look and perform the same actions after all it copied Live Tiles.
store.com/y2m8sf38vfrhu2YdofSj LQ33y_uoOy73of2FfIAWTr5qRlQXba t8kXLBq1pkiKecVoE0fR7IwdgTmkdW LhvEfiYTXlgC7rBQrSnCdVURt51piR J5coVNfEBsW4wCN2_rAxI/wp_ss_20 140206_0008.png?psid=1
15. naittosan (Posts: 234; Member since: 28 Jun 2014)
I figure there is only 3 phones I would consider getting around September. IPhone 6, Nexus 6, or Motorola x+1. Not necessarily in that order.
27. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
+1 for moto x+1, I'm excited for it. And nexus 6 too.
19. corporateJP (Posts: 1877; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
So, basically, Verizon will sell 1300 of these total and the 4%ers will be out screaming how it was a great success.
I wonder if Monopolysoft will bankroll HTC's bailout or collapse them from the inside Nokia-style...
20. Liveitup (Posts: 1596; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
Google is the monopoly. Android is a monopoly, Youtube is a monopoly, Google search is a monopoly, the real Johnny cash would agree, quit yapping.
21. corporateJP (Posts: 1877; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
The real Johnny Cash wouldn't be caught dead supporting a snake like Stephen Elop, so let's leave the man out of this and get to the facts: stagnant 4% adoption rate, hostile takeover of their primary partner, alienation of the largest phone manufacturer in the world (regardless of how good or bad you or I think their products are) and finally the fact that this HTC phone will sell about as well as bacon-wrapped pork ribs in Iran, we come full circle to the start...
24. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3620; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
Google is the monopoly- *microsoft
Android is the monopoly- not really, wait for iphone 6, ios will rise to 18%, as for WP, not android's fault, consumer chooses a better OS.
Youtube is a monopoly- yes, because there is simply no competition. And having one convenient free place for all videos is not a bad thing.
Google search is a monopoly- users can choose some other inferior search engines, they are not forced (*cough wp bing cough*). Your concept of Monopoly itself is wrong.
32. dimas (Posts: 372; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
That's also what I thought when I first saw a WP phone thru websites but I was surprised when I had it in my hands. M8 on WP might look very good on actual viewing.
23. DavvyGhotra (Posts: 12; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
yes best design should be for every one ! #hereisthechange
29. HugoBarraCyanogenmod (Posts: 425; Member since: 06 Jul 2014)
My real question is, where's Verizon logo?
30. NateAdam8 (Posts: 225; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
Hope this isn't a exclusive cause if it is HTC might as well start writing how much money they're about to lose in sales for this and next quarter.
33. ngo2dd (Posts: 794; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
You don't know anything about manufacturing do you? HTC will not lose money one this. It is the same manufacturing processes. The only different is the OS. They always change it back to Android and resell it as the M8.
31. dimas (Posts: 372; Member since: 22 Jul 2014)
M8 look's good on both OS. I think it will run faster on WP which doesn't have too much UI effects. Guess they made the right decision removing physical home & back buttons.