Gmail hits 1 billion monthly active users
1. Settings (Posts: 1448; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Am I the only one here who still views the HTML version of Gmail?
3. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Yeah, I use it as a spam dump account for all the sign-ups...
# one of 7B
5. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Of course. How many million of android device out there and include the iOS. It is mandatoty for android device because you can download any apps if you don't sign-in your Gmail account.
Can you sign-in in your Google store using your Yahoo or Hotmail account? It's a BIG NO. The same with Windows phone. While in iOS can be use Gmail, Yahoo or Hotmail.
8. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
... EDIT: nevermind, what I posted was pointless...
9. jroc74 (Posts: 5980; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Ok, I get what you're saying but....
In iOS how do you sign into iTunes or the Apple App Store? Apple doesnt have an email address anymore (IIRC) so its a lil apples to oranges comparison here.
14. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Using Apple ID which is tied to any email account. Mine's tied to gmail, but I use my fingerprint to purchase from AppStore or iTunes.
10. RoboticEngi (Posts: 545; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
You don't need a Gmail to get a Google account.....
15. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
If I understand correctly, You need Google + (which requires you to sign in using a gmail account. I may be wrong...
6. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1456; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
I thought Gmail already passed 1B users.
7. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
1B Active users.. (little trolling, but thats including those that check it every 6 months to delete all accumulated spam...., like me)
11. RoboticEngi (Posts: 545; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
Arh someone a little bitter? Because the 3 apple mail (or what ever it is called) can't compete?
13. AlikMalix (Posts: 4819; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Actually no, not bitter (that's why I said "little trolling" - having fun with the facts).
But Apple will never compete with gmail - they don't need to: gmail needs users because that's one of the services to advertise thru. Apple does not use iCloud email as a means of revenue - it's provided as a service to their users just like nearly all Apple services. Google's services are ad driven and supported. It would make no sense for Apple to need more iCloud email users... I hope you understand this (I'm not trolling or anything).
Basically there are different motives for these two companies. Apple boasts about sales because their business is selling hardware. Google boasts about users because their revenue comes from ad views. Both are great at what they do.
12. Samir_Maric (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Hey guys, What's App also break the record once again, now has over 1 billion monthly active users which translates to one in seven people on Earth.