Fujitsu Arrows F-07D measured 0.26" at the FCC, proves Android catwalk can lead to anorexia
The Japanese were evidently annoyed when the DROID RAZR was claiming it, despite the camera bulge at the top. The Fujitsu Arrows F-07D has its own thickest parts, where it is 8.5mm, and that's still less than stalwarts like the iPhone 4S, which is 9.3mm throughout.
It is one of the phones in the newest NTT DoCoMo crop, sports 4" OLED screen, 1.4GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon, 5MP camera and is, of course, waterproof, as has become customary in Japan.
1. KingKurogiii posted on 22 Nov 2011, 03:56 2 2
wait so less than half of the phone is 0.26" thick and they get to call the thinnest? well whatever the case the Razr is still the marvel here because it accomplished the feat with a 4G LTE radio.
2. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Nov 2011, 04:33 1 1
And the RAZR's LTE radio is one m-fing fast radio in the bargain!
3. jackhammeR posted on 22 Nov 2011, 06:36 1 1
stupid race. what about ergonomics?????!!
It's not too comfy to hold such a thin device.
5. ardent1 posted on 22 Nov 2011, 07:09 1 1
> The Japanese were evidently annoyed when the DROID RAZR was claiming it, despite the camera bulge at the top
8.5 mm thick -- that is how phones should be judged. Not at it's thinnest part; but at its thickest part.
I wonder why Toshiba went with a 5 MP shooter given Apple was able to squeeze in a 8 MP shooter and an extra len no less.
7. iamcc posted on 22 Nov 2011, 08:38 1 0
Well the iPhone is a bigger phone... that's probably how they were able to "squeeze" in a larger camera.
10. ardent1 posted on 23 Nov 2011, 05:35 0 0
1. The iPhone 4S is just about as thick as the its predecesor and so Apple did squeeze in a 8 MP and an additional lens.
2. Camera/camcorders are really small these days. You will surprise by the thickness of some of these devices. 8.5 mm thick is plenty of room for an 8 MP shooter.
6. networkdood posted on 22 Nov 2011, 08:34 1 0
Reminds me of a captivate - I suppose they will never make phones for Americans, huh?