Apps and games: biggest memory consumers
The results from the poll that we posted a few days ago are in, and they are pretty clear: the biggest memory consumers are the applications and games. 41.99% of you have said this is the content type that takes up most of the space on their phones and tablets. Music is also a pretty storage-hungry category, so it's not a big surprise that it takes the second place with 27.68%. Those multi-gigabyte song libraries just have to come with us no matter where we go! Video comes in third with 19.86%, and finally we have pictures with 9.53% closing the top four.
The two other categories we had - 'Documents' and 'Books and magazines' are far behind, indicating that digital magazines and interactive books haven't penetrated the mobile space in a big way yet.
- What takes the most space on your phone/tablet's memory?
172 votes (172 votes) Pictures
358 votes (358 votes) Video
757 votes (757 votes) Apps and games
6 votes (6 votes) Documents
499 votes (499 votes) Music
11 votes (11 votes) Books and magazines
1. wendygarett posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:20 4 7
I vote pictures, it cost 60% of my memory...
And why they vote apps? Facebook and Twitter only cost less than 1gb right? No?
2. anshulrajput posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:26 8 1
apps and games also include the big 2gb games in the store...
3. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 3 days ago posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:40 8 4
porn picture to be exact
5. tech2 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:51 2 2
pika pika !
13. Nikolas.Oliver (limited) 3 days ago posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:03 0 0
Just like pikapowerize
7. TylerGrunter posted on 08 Feb 2013, 04:28 0 0
Bard's tale takes till 3.5 GB in HD version... Just one game.
6. Mr.Best posted on 08 Feb 2013, 03:57 0 0
I've got like 12.8 gigs of Apps and Games on my Note 2 so definitely the third item.
11. tech2 posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:24 1 0
has that made your phone a bit laggy or made it a bit slow in anyway ? just curious
9. andro. posted on 08 Feb 2013, 05:21 0 0
Developers really really need to listen up and allow their games to install their data folders on sd cards rather than internal memory. My 16gb tablet can hold only a few of the large games as some can be up to 3gb in size,while the 64gb sd card in it is of no use for games and apps.
App devs really need to give users a choice of internal or external memory for game data folders. Gameloft is massively guilty of this
10. dsDoan posted on 08 Feb 2013, 06:30 0 0
Come on, Phonearena. Memory != Storage. You should know this.
12. soshi posted on 08 Feb 2013, 08:25 0 0
I open this link because I think about some application which persistenly use much RAM
14. Stuntman posted on 08 Feb 2013, 10:04 0 0
I have over 2800 songs on my phone. That is over 11GB.