Apple reportedly having multiple issues with iWatch production
1. fanboyoftech (Posts: 29; Member since: 30 Aug 2013)
Seriously, how many problems can Apple have with manufacturing?
I have a pebble watch, that was basically designed by a bunch of rookies, that came to production is less time than this.
Samsung rushed the hell out of the Gear, and it's on the market. yeah, it could be A LOT better, but they still got it on the market.
Basically, it's going to end up being a mini-iphone on your wrist. Is it that hard?!
I love all technology, I do. So I'm not trying to rip on Apple. But my god, are they ever going to not have manufacturing problems?
15. Finalflash (Posts: 2545; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
But the watches you mentioned are kinda garbage largely because they serve no real useful purpose. They replicate a smaller smartphone with less functionality without actually being a good addition to a smartphone or a standalone product. Hopefully Apple finds a better use for it (don't have much hope for that though) because right now they just equate to bad looking jewellery with no added purpose.
2. darkkjedii (Posts: 18390; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple just makes sure it rocks, when it finally drops.
3. Extradite (banned) (Posts: 316; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
So this will have less feautres than the iPhone. That's no good. I"m thinking will you be able to browse...?
4. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
"The report also says that Apple has a "sizeable team" working on the project, and that it is likely that the iWatch will be running a stripped down version of iOS in order to limit the resource needs of the device."
A stripped down version of iOS. LOL. Y'all made that too easy.
6. bucky (Posts: 2279; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
I still see no need for someone with an iPhone to need a watch.
People with ridiculously large might need one.
8. Muayyad (Posts: 227; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
I don't necessarily like apple products but apple puts a lot of work to perfect their products.
10. android_hitman (unregistered)
Guys, these are stupid rumors just to remember that Apple will also make a wearable device like all other companies...
11. Sauce (unregistered)
You guys act like companies don't run into several issues. Wait, because it's Apple, the company you haters envy and dislike so much, you call em' out, only to soon remember that Apple always releases products that have better quality than 95% of the competition. Quit hatin lol.
16. roscuthiii (Posts: 2027; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Three thoughts on this:
1. It's Apple. One thing about Apple is they just won't release product until they think it's ready. Yeah, bugs and other unforeseen glitches can always pop up, but that's just a fact of life. For the most part, consumers will be more than satisfied with the product on the shelves.
2. It's Apple (yep, again). For all the talk of companies copying Apple, few recognize that Apple itself rarely ever (if ever) is the first to field a new product category. Personal music player, smartphone, tablet? Others released products. Apple made improvements where they could. Apple won't release a product until they see what the competition is offering.
3. It's Apple (why not, 3rd times a charm). They have no manufacturing capability of their own. Even after they've got the bugs worked out... Even after they see what the competition is bringing to the table... They are still beholden to the capabilities of the company they contract with for manufacturing. If the company(s) can't handle the fabrication, Apple has no product.