Another Nokia Lumia 925 photo test demonstrates its low-light shooting skills
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
1. Nokia Lumia 925
2. HTC One
3. Sony Xperia Z
4. Samsung Galaxy S4
5. iPhone 5
2. the_s2 (Posts: 204; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Cant wait to get hands on one and test it myself to see it for real!
27. akki20892 (Posts: 3232; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
yep, No chance to other smartphones in low light category.
91. atsamman (Posts: 73; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
This is what nokia is becoming all about
I mean their cameras are fantastic but the os ui I dont liike it at all not to mention the lack of some apps
93. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
gotta ask what apps are now needed that are essential?
the 'lack of apps' comments seems to be as far as people go, never saying what apps are really needed
103. Bernoulli (Posts: 1432; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
not gonna lie, I miss the music downloader from android market
108. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
thats fair, but the essentials are all there
everyone will have certain apps they have gotten used too but the lack of apps comment is dead now
5. FlushGordon (unregistered)
This is the real deal...you see that HTC? that's how you make good phone cameras
28. akki20892 (Posts: 3232; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
NL925 powered by Six Lens with ISO-3200
56. sniper1087 (Posts: 331; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I like the nokia, but a couple of things bother me which are lacks of apps, yes at some point they will get it and that would be great, I tried the 920, in fact I have a 920 and a HTC One, and I find myself using the One more, the 920 is a great phone, but lacking apps that I used to use on android kind of threw me off. The browser is good but not great, performance was better on the HTC half the time. another thing I didnt like is that there is a front facing camera but besides skype there are no other video calling app, and you dont always have people on skype, where is tango?
37. galaxymega6.3 (banned) (Posts: 33; Member since: 08 May 2013)
yeah very convincing test from the site called Nokia. nice try nokia troll
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
hush little sammy paid troll
well if they are paying then i think they would expect more for there money then what you comment
9. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1044; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Yeah we know it has good low light shots. But what about everything else?
14. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
what every thing else ?
It has everything Except the Lag!!!
Beautiful Device + Good Hardware + Good OS(may not be Excellent ) + Durability ( Nokia known for) + A Brand called Nokia ....
What "you" wish for?
60. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1044; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Chill bro, I'm talking about shots in every other lighting and situation which is where the Lumia 920 struggled. I want to see if it can be the best in other camera categories too.
10. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
So the next lumia will be the combination of L920+L928+L925+808 = EOS?
12. Cesar (Posts: 125; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)
i don't believe on this photos samples! they are horrible -.-
16. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
How can I know if these are real or fake like they did on 920?
17. tashreef (Posts: 476; Member since: 24 Nov 2012)
buy one yourself ... i am sure you'll be
21. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Sorry, I don´t like microsoft ecosystem, I prefer googles
24. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so why bother commenting , first everyone knows the ''fake ad'' wasnt said to be filmed with a 920 and the 920 lived up to the claims
seriously why bring it up every time , you fanboys are pathetic
62. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Don´t blame on me for nokia´s fault and 920 did not lived up to the claims, Iphone camera is way better then this fake pureview.
And saying that, I don´t think you can call me a fanboy
76. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yes actually i can call you that as you are recycling the same lines as many others who troll nokia articles and with no reason either
see your just a stereotype. the iphones camera is great and was voted most appealing by the users on this site but you saying the 920 didnt live to the claims....explain? the video stabilizing is the best on a phone and its excellent in low light i.e. pureview phase 2
so whats your actual problem fanboy?
82. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
My problem is that nokia promissed a ultra blaster camera with 920 with its fake pureview and it was just an average high end phone camera and seeing that they made a fake video to ad this mediocre high end camare that 920 have.
Am I explained windows phone pockemon fanboy?!?!
And sorry for you so called OS that does´nt even have a notification system, is that a smartphone?
But if you ar happy with this "awesome" stuff your nokia a microsoft can get to you, sorry.
Ah! have you already begged today for intagram to go to WP as nokia told its users to do?
85. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
ohh so many wrongs in your ...err lets be nice and say comment
first did nokia promise a ultra blaster camera with the 920...no as ultra blaster sounds like it came from the mind of a 5 year old. the 920 is phase 2, the only thing was with the 808 offering the best camera seen on a mobile the 920 was always going to be overshadowed
next the ''fake video'' ive explain many time you just cant grasp it so theres no point
ohh and ''windows phone pockemon fanboy''
its pokemon actually and any 90's kid grew up on it, you gotta look back at your childhood for the memorys. windows phone ....i have an 808 so i cant be a wp fanboy or id have a wp device
as for the idiotic begging instagram comment, when a company like nokia petition to get an app its customers wont thats better then a company not giving a damn
maybe you should beg for more attention at home rather then rehash the same crap other trolls say
94. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I have a lot of memories from pokemon, but I grew up, sorry you did´nt
And its easy to call other people fanboy when you trolls every single comment that say anything bad about nokia.
Do you have a mirror?
Explain what? that it wasnt a fake video? that nokia had to apologize for that
Sorry If I called you a WP fanboy, nobody is WP fanboy just because WP is a crap, because if nokia started to make BB smartphone you would buy it and no nokia user would bother, I should call you nokia fanboy, thats ok for you now?
And you think the best thing nokia could do was start to beg to instagram??
87. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Who exactly promised you an Ultra blaster camera??
What does that do? Shoot lazers instead of images?
Kill people in the frame?
And you base a smartphone on the availability of the notification system?
Keep living in the past boy...you have lots of time to grow up.
FYI, everyone with WP don't care about if Instagram is available or not. That is just for people who are trigger happy for photos.
92. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
A camera the shoot lazers would be awesome, you should patent that.
I base a smartphone on the at least basic features it can have and notification is one of them, jus as widgets, sorry you can not have it.
"FYI, everyone with WP don't care about if Instagram is available or not"
Have you ever heard about #2instawithlove?
95. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Ask Apple to patent it for you...they're the experts, not me.
You should try reading your own comments...you sound tiny.
Notifications comes with the live tiles...it's the way it's presented in WP.
If WP had notification and toggle drop down, some people are going to SCREAM 'copied from Android'...i can foretell you that!
As for insta-with-love, i've heard of it, but i don't give it a damn.
101. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Ok, so you must have every single app that may throw you a notification on the home screen.. Is that right?
Everyone copy everyone is more like a apple thing to sue people for that.
If you dont give a damn dont coment bulls**t, nokia is begging to have a instagram app and you say that no one who have a wp cares about it?!?! it that right?
106. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I told you...it's the way it is presented in WP. Don't expect Android like notifications on a WP...again, that's what most Android users wants even in iOS.
I missed a word on that last comment...i meant to say "Not everyone with WP...".
And yeah, Nokia is requesting, not begging, for user's sake...those trigger happy users.
111. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I don´t expect android like notification, they can make a generic notification tale for those apps that are not on main screen or whatever, I just think the way is today is not a smart thing to do(need to let apps on mains screen so they can see if there is any notification...)
120. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2992; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Here's the last note i'm leaving you as a wrap up for today's lesson.
Learn to appreciate something different, don't only criticize cause everything will not go according to what everyone wants.
104. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
hahaha... Have u ever used a windows phone ever or just writing stuff that u read in some other websites...???? If u do remember there was a device named nokia 900 with maemo????? Fyki android and apple copied most f the stuff frm maemo itself.. Its nt nokia,s fault if there are sm apps( god knows which apps u talkin bout, phaaaart apps , catsound apps, im rich app( paid), or thousands f duplicate apps, sorry frgot to add ur malware as well). Well if windows wud have been in hands f nokia ur so called samd@@g wud be in trash. But its msft,s fault first of all. Nokia in the past has given updates to nearly 3-4 year old phones. No single cmpny thinks so much bout its consumers. .if in anycase u need any tutorial in windows then do lemme know i will post a youtube link fr u ' pinnochio'
110. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I'm sorry, but I did'nt understand a word you say...
125. deburocks (Posts: 126; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
no need mate , bt m sorry i wrote something dat only few smart people can understand. Cheers
131. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I know the kind of people understand what you say and I am happy for not be one of them
83. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Oh! and tell all the people in the world to stop recycling the same lines saying that nazism is no good, maybe you think they are trolls either
132. haseebzahid (Posts: 1798; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
that fake ad is old news now new is nokia cemera is the best in moblie market who gives a s**t about ads if phone is real deal
45. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5522; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Even if the pic alleged to be taken with the 925 was in fact taken with a production 925, I have to wonder about the settings used on the other cameras. Like whether or not HDR was used.... HTC One with latest S/W update and HDR may outdo the 925 (larger pixel size grabs more light).
I am waiting for a more 'objective' comparison.
64. marbovo (Posts: 578; Member since: 16 May 2013)
As you said, how can someone believe in a "research" made by one of the contenders. Poor naive people
19. doubler86 (Posts: 317; Member since: 26 Jan 2011)
Ya the Galaxy S4 didn't have Auto Night Detection mode on. Fixed
20. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
CNet ran their own low-light camera comparison of the 928 vs One, GS4, and iPhone 5. The 928 produced an amazingly well-lit photo with that xenon flash. The GS4 was the worst of the bunch.
58. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
It's about 2/3 of the way down their 928 hands-on.
70. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1086; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
even cnet has a healthy comments section than PA
79. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1086; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
okay the s**tty person that dislikes every comment is a total bull-astroturfer
88. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
PA commenters are petty. If you talk nice about a phone they don't like, you get thumbed down. It's supposed to be a "good comment/bad comment" system, but it's turned it into "good device/bad device". I'm over it.
114. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
No, they just don't like LMFAO. I don't know why, that one dude's fro is epic.
23. EspHack (Posts: 70; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
iPA calling them "biased" lol thats so ironic
115. roldefol (Posts: 2858; Member since: 28 Jan 2011)
iPA? Lately it looks more like GalaxyArena. The top seller gets all the attention, whoever that is at the time.