Missing some squad-based alien-killing action? You might want to check out XCOM: Enemy Within, the sequel to 2012's XCOM: Enemy Unknown. Developer Firaxis says the game offers the same core gameplay as its predecessor, but it's loaded with more content to have fun with. New content as in new types of soldiers, abilities, enemies, maps, missions, and a multiplayer mode. Substantial, huh? There's more where that came from, and Firaxis has laid it all out:
- New Soldier Abilities: Research a new alien technology to advance the capabilities of your operatives.
- New technology includes genetic modifications of soldiers and mechanized cybersuits.
- New Weapons and Equipment: Give your operatives an extra tactical edge with new projects from your engineering team and the Foundry.
- New Enemy Threats: Adopt new tactics to counter the threats from two new alien types and a deadly new organization known as EXALT.
- New Strategic Resource: A valuable new alien resource, known as Meld, has been discovered. Secure it on the battlefield and use it carefully back at base to unlock new research and upgrades.
- New Story Elements: Investigate a terrifying threat in an abandoned fishing village, and defend the XCOM headquarters from alien attack in a series of new plat-driven missions.
- New Multiplayer maps, units, and abilities: Create your custom squad from a wider array of options and dominate your opponent in intense, one-on-one, turn-based matches.
Mind you, XCOM is a big game - Enemy Within is contained within 2.8GB of organized alien genocide. It also has the price tag to match - $12.99. Obviously, this is a title for mobile gaming enthusiasts that don't mind paying premium for gaming premium. It's available in the Google Play store right now, and it should be up in the App Store shortly.
Download XCOM: Enemy Within - Android
XCOM - Enemy Within