Video shows pre-production model of either the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime or the Galaxy S5 Active
A thick seal around the side of the phone, which makes it thicker than the regular version, could be a hint that the phone on the video is the Galaxy S5 Active. While the regular version of the phone has IP67 certification, the Galaxy S5 Active is rumored to have IP68 certification which means that it can be submerged in up to 5 feet of water for as long as 60 minutes. Perhaps a tighter seal is required to hit that level of water proofing. The back cover is aluminum, and the phone came "out of the wrapper" with the Google Now launcher.
Check out this mystery by clicking on the video below.
Thanks for the tip!
UPDATE: A follow-up video from the same source revealed far too many inconsistencies. While the model number on the phone did show the SM-G906 belonging to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, the screen's resolution is only 1080 x 1920. In addition, the 480ppi reading would indicate a sub 5 inch screen. And the chip inside is the Snapdragon 800.
Conclusion? This is not the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime, nor is it the Samsung Galaxy S5 Active.
- Display 4.7" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 2.1 MP front
- Processor Samsung Exynos 5 Octa, Octa-core, 1800 MHz
- Storage 32 GB
- Battery 1860 mAh(11h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.1" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 16 MP / 2 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2500 MHz
- Storage 16 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2800 mAh(29h talk time)
Posts: 411; Member since: Jul 31, 2012
posted on May 17, 2014, 11:15 PM 14
Posts: 5728; Member since: Feb 10, 2013
posted on May 17, 2014, 11:22 PM 2
Posts: 1765; Member since: Dec 01, 2013
posted on May 18, 2014, 12:54 AM 0
Posts: 372; Member since: Nov 21, 2013
posted on May 18, 2014, 1:34 AM 1
Posts: 6965; Member since: Feb 10, 2012
posted on May 18, 2014, 2:04 AM 8
Posts: 3; Member since: May 17, 2014
posted on May 17, 2014, 11:15 PM 0
Posts: 2540; Member since: Sep 03, 2013
posted on May 17, 2014, 11:26 PM 1
Posts: 575; Member since: Jan 07, 2014
posted on May 17, 2014, 11:21 PM 1
Posts: 1071; Member since: Mar 10, 2014
posted on May 18, 2014, 2:14 AM 1
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):