Survey finds 42% of UK iPhone owners continue using their phones even if they have broken displays
According to a survey conducted on 1,112 UK iPhone users by the site MyVoucherCodes.co.uk, it appears as though there are a lot of UK iPhone owners who don’t mind using their once snazzy looking iPhones – even if they’re broken in some way. As we said, not everyone can afford to get the smartphone back into tip-top shape, and for them, they can simply overlook the fact that it’s broken in some manner.
Interestingly, the survey find that 42% of UK iPhone users continue to use their iPhone even with though it has a broken display of some kind. Even more surprising is the fact that over half of them damaged their iPhone screen at some point in time. Here’s the lowdown on the survey:
- 57% had broken their iPhone screen at some point in time
- 27% of those had broken the screen within the first month
- 50%+ broke their iPhone within the first three months
- 51% said their iPhone worked fine even with the broken screen
- 42% continue to use their iPhone even with the broken screen
- 32% didn’t want to claim insurance for the damage
- 41% said they did nothing to protect their iPhone like buying a case or screen protector
Well, it’s not that uncommon to find someone on the street sporting and even using a cracked iPhone of some sort. As they say, if it works, then it works – so no need to do anything else to it. Still, you might want to think about putting the phone against your face while talking on the phone.
via PCAdvisor & Berry Review