T-Mobile owner Deutsche Telekom will eliminate carrier bloatware
Instead, Deutsche Telekom announced a five-step plan that will enable a Telekom phone buyer to set up a new handset with the apps he/she wants on it after the initial setup is complete:
- You use your Telekom SIM and start the device. After switching on the smartphone for the first time, you will go through the manufacturer's initial setup.
- Later on, you'll see our recommended telecom applications either during setup or afterwards (depending on the smartphone model).
- Select the applications you want to install.
- Immediately after completing the setup process (which may also include a reboot), you will be asked if you want to receive notifications and automatic updates to installed apps.
- The selected applications of Telekom and our partners can now be found on your home screen.
Right now, T-Mobile has not adopted the program used by it's corporate parent. However, knowing president and CEO John Legere's predilection to erase consumer pain points, we wouldn't be surprised to see this become the subject of the wireless operator's next Un-carrier announcement.
source: DeutscheTelekom (translated)