Debate: What’s more important: a bigger battery or wireless charging?

Join the discussion
• 7mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

I didn't say s**t about all that other s**t you said. I quoted the specific gibberish I was referring to. Nothing more. Learn how to stay on topic when directly quoted. My point stands.

So Fiesty. 😆 🤣 😂

• 7mo agoedited
↵AltronLivez51 said:

So Fiesty. 😆 🤣 😂

😂 I'm just saying. I know how you get. 😂

But you're right. The cable definitely makes a difference. I learned that back in the Nextel days before the iPhone came out. People were buying $10 gas station chargers & frying the motherboard on $500 phones. I'm good with a $30 charger/cable from the OEM.

• 7mo agoedited
said:

😂 I'm just saying. I know how you get. 😂

But you're right. The cable definitely makes a difference. I learned that back in the Nextel days before the iPhone came out. People were buying $10 gas station chargers & frying the motherboard on $500 phones. I'm good with a $30 charger/cable from the OEM.

This comment was deleted by the user.
• 7mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I think the USB-C ports are quite sturdy, and part of that is the ability to plug the cable either way. I remember microUSB getting wobbly after a couple of months and dozens of failed attempts to plug the cable wrong.

They are, but you can damage the port by using cheap cables.

Companies like Belkin and Damsi g, when you use their Type-C cable, it goes in and out with ease.

Cheap cables sometimes fit tighter and are actually stretch the housing around the port. So then your cable of high quality fits loose.

I tried using cheap USB cables on my desktop. It fit so tight, when I pulled it out, it pulled the metal clip out that is in the USB-A.

Wireless charging is great when you need it. But Apple's way where you have to use another plug to make the connection is so such for "old people". While teens are saying Android is for old people. 😆

• 7mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

With Samsung I get both. So there is nothing to debate. The only people who need to debate, are the Apple fanatics, who don't get either.

One of the main reason iOS isn't allowed to multitask like Android

is because multitasking requires more power. Not more power of the SoC only,

but will use more battery power. Even though the iPhone has less hardware

inside vs a top tier Android, the battery continues to be almost 40% smaller in

many cases for a similar sized or in many cases the iPhone is actually larger

in size.

If the iPhone had a 500MaH battery, Apple wouldn't have to be so

aggressive with memory management. Their management of ram isn't better than

Android. After all, using one app at a time is good management. That shows

laziness and poor OS design.

Apple has to use stricter rules on their OS, because IOS has

direct hardware access similar to Windows. But Windows is running on basically

unlimited power, because you're gonna be plugged in most of the time. With

phone you can't do this.

This is why Android is a VM. A Virtual Machine usually only has

direct access to the CPU and RAM only. Applications you run on a VM are

sandboxed away from the hardware. When the VM needs more power or ram because

you are opening more apps, the VM will simply use the power it needs.

Games are the only apps on Android that on benchmarks appear to

suffer from not having direct hardware access. But visually if you run a game

side by side with an iOS device, the Android devices tend to be only a few

milliseconds behind. This shows how powerful Android devices really are and Apple

having the fastest SoC means nothing.

As far as wireless charging? Many Android devices support 10Watt

reverse wireless changing. That means when my watch or headphones need a quick

boost, my phone will charge them faster. Apple's most expensive phone only

supports 4.5Watt and that's using the cable. HOW LAME IS THAT!!!!

Apple now using USB-C gimped the power to reverse charge at

4.5watts. That is slower than their 5W charger they boxed with the iPhone for

over 10 years.

I don't use reverse or wireless charging often. One of the biggest

benefits I do get from it is when I travel, I take one charger. When I charge

my phone at night, I simply place my watch or headphones on the back of the

phone and they both are ready to go when I wake up. I do this with ONE CABLE

AND ONE BRICK. If you wanted to do the same with the iPhone, you have to get

the hockey-puck charger into the wall and then use another cable to hook up

your headphones to the charging port. You can't even charge your watch with the

iPhone at all...LOL

But yet you guys stick iPhone lingo in articles that have nothing

to do with Apple. See that is how small groups are. In order to be present,

they always have the biggest mouths, because without all the attention; no one

would pay attention to you at all.

So many falsehoods with your characterization of iPhones and battery life and RAM and multitasking. I'm just gonna let it go. But if you think iOS isn't more optimized than Android your living in a fantasy world. And I use a Google Pixel.

You don't get both. You get the same battery life as everyone at the top-end.

But keeping stanning Samsung. I'm glad your happy. Clueless on the tech side but happy nonetheless.

• 7mo ago

There is nothing that can replace a good battery endurance. Not even the super duper fast charging because that means your smartphone depends on something fixed. If my phone take 90 minutes to charge it's perfectly fine, as long as it lasts 2 days on a charge.

• 7mo agoedited
↵magicman32 said:

So many falsehoods with your characterization of iPhones and battery life and RAM and multitasking. I'm just gonna let it go. But if you think iOS isn't more optimized than Android your living in a fantasy world. And I use a Google Pixel.

But keeping stanning Samsung. I'm glad your happy. Clueless on the tech side but happy nonetheless.

No iOS is NOT more optimized vs Android. It is impossible.

I will show you the difference. Android has far more services running in the background. Then you have server-side apps, and power the hardware inside also.

Because Android phones have more background tasks running, more hardware to power and needs to rum all your multitasking features and apps and it's all happening at the same time, means Andeoid has to be more optimized to juggle more tasks with similar clock speeds as another mobile device.

You are completely ignorant to those facts. That's why you gonna let it go because you csnt win. As powerful as the new Mac SoC is, ot is doing fares tasks than most Windowd machines that costs half the price. It's lole putting a Ferrari engine in a pinto. Fast e gone POS car.

You fanboys just don't even understand computing.

Optimizing a platform means bring able to confine the tasks to a point the tasks don't overwhelm the limits of your power source.

In this case, mobile ARM have a power and heat ceiling they cant pass. This won't matter on a desktop or laptop. Because they have active cooling.

The iPhone is not multitasking lole Android. You must be sleep walking. The iPhone hols zero running apps in ram, other than system background tasks. If you open a browser and put in an address and press go and immediate leave the browser, it will stop loading the page until you come back to it. On Android it keeps loading in the background like my PC does. The iPhone freezes practically all apps unrelated to the iOS software and apps own apps.

This is a proven documented facts. On my phone I can open 25 apps back to back and they will all run in the background amd continue loading. The only apps that I but e freeze are big games that take up lits of ram. But since my phone has plenty of it, thos is rarely an issue.

You guys love to throw around big words. You don't even know what the meaning if it is.

It is mathematically impossible for iOS to be more optimized than Android. The optimization works different.

As I stated, Android is a VM. I'm a VM apps are sandbox from the hardware. This is why on Android you tech icLly could run yhe latest version of Android on an older phone, but the software would simply overwhelm the specs. It would just be really slow. Like trying to run a new version of Windows on an old set of hardware.

Optimization of an OS is adjusting apps and services to use as little power as possible and yet have them be fast. It means bring app to run a certain about of apps in a clock cycle. Per clock cycle Android phones are doing more vs iOS devices.

Having all those apps, hardware and stuff running and yet my Android last as long or sometimes longer than your iPhone and yet I can do way more stuff means my device is more optimized than your.

If you don't understand that simple fact, then you are a lose cause and nothing I saw will help you. You just domt understand facts.

• 7mo ago
↵magicman32 said:

You need to go on YouTube and watch this video by Gary Explains.

https://youtu.be/D9prht-PcWY?si=W8OT-6LShi8ADsAL

Optimization os based on tasks performed per clock cycle.

AMD chips are better optimized vs Intel chips because they so more tasks per clock cycle. This also make them technically faster. But Windows was designed around the Intel processor, so in general Windows in most cases will still run better.

Android would be too heavy for iPhone because the hardware specs are to shallow.

You woulf have to reoptimize Android to have less background running tasks because the iPhone hardware wouldn't be able to push the same capability because iOS was design to limit stuff.

• 7mo ago

Bigger battery, no brainer...

Wireless charging is still very gimmicky to me, although I would not mind trying it out if it comes to less expensive phones. But for now, even though i dont need a humungous battery yet, bigger battery capacity is more important than wireless charging...

• 7mo ago

I would have to say bigger battery. Wireless charging is nice to have, but having more battery is almost essential

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless