Debate: What’s more important: a bigger battery or wireless charging?

Join the discussion
• 7mo ago
↵pimpin83z said:

"Unless you are very careful to line up the cable you risk ... over time... "

How much time are we talking? I started using phones w/ a Type-C ports in 2016. Had the Note 8 from 2017-2019, the Note 10+ (still have it & still charge it) from 2019-2022 & have been using the S22 Ultra since March 2022. While I'm not reckless with plugging/unplugging my phones, I'm also not very careful, but I haven't had a single issue.

You remember Samsung bring the full USB-3 connector on the Note 4? You could use both a USB-3 cable or a microUSB cable on the same device.

Type-C cables fixed 2 issues with MicroUSB and USB-3. Type-C cables don't have those flanges on the connector to try to hold the cable in place. Once those wear out or get bent down, they don't hold anymore. The flanges are no on the inside of the connector where they can't get damaged and thus last longer.

Then the other issue was being forced to plug one-way. Idiots who didn't pay attention to how they plugged in, now don't have to really pay attention.

• 7mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

My Note 20 U is almost 4 years old. If you didnt need to charge the iPhone so much, you wouldnt have to wear out the port so fast. LOL

I can still plug in my phone to USB-C and old the phone up by the cable. It doesn't come off.

MicroUSB ports were fragile, because the cable used to flanges to help hold the cable in place. Once you where them out, the cable wouldn't hold tight anymore. USB-C doesn't have that problem.

Try to 1st, nit use cheap cables. If the cable you bought costs less than $15, then its cheap and that's your problem.

I went to a gas station and bought a charging/data USB cable for $20. It was better than the one boxed with my Galaxy.

"If you didnt need to charge the iPhone so much, you wouldnt have to wear out the port so fast. LOL

Perfect example of typing gibberish w/o thinking. He uses an S23 Ultra. SMH.

• 7mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

where you gonna fit a 7000Mah Battery? Why don't you make one. Since you see a need for it.

There are phones available right now that have batteries that are even LARGER in capacity than 7000. Yes, they are as heavy as a tank and can be used to hammer nails....but they do exist! In fact some of them are quite interesting and compelling. My biggest concern with buying one is the update schedule/policy and the limited cell signal bands. However, they are improving in this area also.

• 7mo ago

Battery. I don't use wireless charging

• 7mo ago

Battery. I don’t use inductive charging.

• 7mo ago

You've said it perfectly. On the other hand, will you change your mind when we have truly credit card thick phones with holographic displays that you only have to wirelessly recharge every 90 minutes, having just given you enough time to leave your desk, grab a frappe and get back to the office?

• 7mo ago

Bigger battery for sure. I don't know how charging with a cable is really all that of a hassle.

• 7mo agoedited
↵pimpin83z said:

"If you didnt need to charge the iPhone so much, you wouldnt have to wear out the port so fast. LOL

Perfect example of typing gibberish w/o thinking. He uses an S23 Ultra. SMH.

But that doesn't mean he is using the original cable.

The problem isn't the port on the phone. It is usually the cable.

If you go online or to some cheap store and buy a $10 cable, it is not as robust as a UL Listed high quality cable that retails for $20.

Apple isn't the only seller of cheap Chinese made cables.

My point stands.

• 7mo ago
↵StanleyKubrick said:

There are phones available right now that have batteries that are even LARGER in capacity than 7000. Yes, they are as heavy as a tank and can be used to hammer nails....but they do exist! In fact some of them are quite interesting and compelling. My biggest concern with buying one is the update schedule/policy and the limited cell signal bands. However, they are improving in this area also.

You just made my point. Where you gonna fit it?

If you need a 7000mah battery then that sounds like the phone you need to buy.

You aren't gonna get that with a flagship device because the device is too thin.

So yes if you want some ugly heavy phone yes you have an option.

But like I asked, where you gonna fit such?

If you need a battery that big, that meand you use your phone way too much. 5000mah is enough for me.

• 7mo ago
↵AltronLivez51 said:

But that doesn't mean he is using the original cable.

The problem isn't the port on the phone. It is usually the cable.

If you go online or to some cheap store and buy a $10 cable, it is not as robust as a UL Listed high quality cable that retails for $20.

Apple isn't the only seller of cheap Chinese made cables.

My point stands.

I didn't say s**t about all that other s**t you said. I quoted the specific gibberish I was referring to. Nothing more. Learn how to stay on topic when directly quoted. My point stands.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless