Wireless charging pad for Nexus 4, 5, and 7 now available for $49.99
1. bradley8795 (Posts: 57; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
The red and yellow cases are available now as well.
3. 1113douglas (Posts: 193; Member since: 04 Jul 2013)
DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THIS WILL WORK THE THE GALAXY S4?
4. homineyhominey (Posts: 29; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
It will if you have the charging back for the S4. They said it's Qi compatable, the same that is sold for the S4 by Samsung.
5. Slammer (Posts: 1422; Member since: 03 Jun 2010)
I really hate sounding like a broken record with embedded battery issues. But, with removable batteries going south, wireless charging is not a good idea. Induction charging is only around 80% efficient. 20% then becomes wasted energy. Wasted energy turns to heat and heat destroys batteries. Most all of my friends that have used induction charging, found premature battery failure. Not good when you have no access to replacing your own battery.
6. Cgood311 (Posts: 3; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
price jumps up after tax and shipping. Is this worth them money? Also interesting point about the battery replacement and heat.
11. hadouken (Posts: 18; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I just bought the Nokia DT-900 from AT&T for $25. Works great with the Nexus 5. Maybe you should consider that. I'm definitely not spending $50 for a wireless charger. It does get slightly warm when charging, but not hot.
8. amiaq (Posts: 503; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
What's the point? Only available in the US and Canada. Google you sucks!!
9. hellonerds (Posts: 273; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
whats the amp charge rate on wireless? i prefer cable.. my note 3 charges fast.. but would like a wireless one to throw it on my desk when im sleeping
13. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
I can't say exactly, but from experience it took my Nexus 4 about 2-3 hours to get to a full charge on the Orb, and it takes a bit over an hour for my Nexus 5 (thanks to the Snapdragon 800).
10. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3540; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
This should be available worldwide.
14. jeffherd (Posts: 9; Member since: 22 Jan 2014)
Why not try All-Direction Qi Wireless Charger with more functionality?
Very soon available at - amazon.com/dp/B00I03LLUM