Windows Phone calls in sick again with crazy mountain bike footage caught on Nokia Lumia Icon
You may remember a little over a month ago when the team at Windows Phone offered up one potential way to make the most of taking a sick day. We were treated to some intense skiing video captured entirely on a Nokia Lumia Icon, which is available with Verizon Wireless.
Spring is in the air (at least in the northern hemisphere), the snow is melting so it is time to maybe call in sick again and whip out the mountain bike. Now we really liked the skiing video, no doubt the Lumia Icon is some serious hardware ready for the task.
The Lumia Icon’s quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 CPU and Adreno 330 GPU, along with the sweet PureView camera equipped with optical image stabilization, and four directional microphones are a recipe to record some stunning video.
These mountain bikers obviously had a blast on the trail and it goes to show that more can be done on a sick day than lying in bed.
3. sgodsell (Posts: 1055; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
They can't tell you the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So help you, you know who. ;-)
14. Liveitup (Posts: 1078; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You're just trolling every WP article, second to comment. The truth is WP influenced software with Flat UI, smartphone integration etc and Nokia influenced Camera and colored smartphones trend.
15. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
lol man stop this non sense .... i am android fan but WP is a good n getting better .... just give it some time.......
22. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
It has no bank apps
Don't live in denial
24. sip1995 (Posts: 757; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
I DON'T care about the stupid bank apps, I don't even have a credit card.
25. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
What do you expect from kids
31. znellu (Posts: 68; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Look at yourself and think about what you're doing, 'so grown up man'. Trolling on every WP article and calling others kids. Wow.
29. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Wellsfargo is there...... Keep living in hate
5. Troysyx (Posts: 138; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
I really wish Nokia didn't get bought out by Microsoft. They make amazing hardware, however i will never use one as my personal device with that (in my opinion) horrendous operating system.
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Awesome!!! Can't wait for the 930 or the next 1020
9. Liveitup (Posts: 1078; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
WP and Nokia are trendsetters both from a hardware and software perspective. Love the package they create.
10. joey_sfb (Posts: 2748; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
All high end smart phone camera are good enough why Mokia focus all their marketing effort on just camera?
They really don't have any other feature to sell?? Trendsetters are really every one else except Mokia.
13. Penny (Posts: 1128; Member since: 04 Feb 2011)
That's definitely not all they have to sell above other brands, but is definitely the major standout. In addition to top tier cameras, they also have:
- Good designs and personality (subjective)
- Superior audio recording (3-4 HAAC mics)
- Superior displays (ClearBlack tech for outdoor visibility, actually really good in real life)
- Supersensitive touchscreen
- Pretty good speakers
- Superior strength and durability
So yeah, Nokia has other features to sell, and their hardware represents a great overall package.
23. Arte-8800 (limited) (Posts: 4054; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
They sick when it comes to specs
They are the last to enter the 2Gb Ram and quad core Cpus
30. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1676; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Maybe because it doesn't NEED so much RAM or CORES, just so it won't LAGG
11. Liveitup (Posts: 1078; Member since: 07 Jan 2014)
You clearly don't understand how to break into a market dominated by the two biggest platform. The they focus on the camera because they see it as a major way to stand out, when you hear the name Lumia you instantly think of camera, low end is where the user experience takes front stage, that is where Windows Phone shows of its brilliance hence the L520 , the camera plays a minor role the software takes the major role. You clearly missed that.
WP is a trendsetter in that everybody has clearly adopted the UI Flat design approach which it started with Software, no more Skeuomorphism, how is that not a trend setter?, The design language is front and center of any mobile device. They set that trend. Your favorite OS in influenced by it, plain and simple.
19. shuaibhere (Posts: 1298; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
The difference between METRO UI and flat UI used by others is that....others just made their already used icons flat....unlike microsoft which went for flat, colourful tiles.....
Google has been pushing flat ui before ICS...but they took steps slowly and gradually....
12. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 698; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
Haters gonna hate... the Lumia Icon is a great performing smartphone!
Also, loving the active lifestyle of the Windows Phone adverts!!!
17. Ikechukwu (Posts: 134; Member since: 03 Oct 2011)
Seating here patiently waiting.... Waiting for the next 1520, I'll wait for you my dear