In addition more news emerged about the Android-powered Motorola Morrison and the much-rumored Samsung Rogue. Unfortunately, the Rogue turned out missing in Big Red’s August rebate form. Speaking of Verizon, a video of the HTC Touch Pro2 for the carrier has been uploaded to YouTube, so go ahead and choose the appropriate link below to watch it! Here’s what else made headlines this week, sorted by dates.
- Amazon now offers the Palm Pre for $199.99 on a contract
- Verizon drops almost all smartphone prices to $99 or less
- Motorola Morrison coming to T-Mobile on October 21?
- $99 Palm Pre price for real this time
- Samsung Rogue missing from Verizon's August rebate form
- BlackBerry Storm2 set for October release in U.K. and November launch in U.S.?
- Pricing for T-Mobile's Touch Pro2 is revealed?
- INQ attacks with two brand new handsets – Chat and Mini 3G
40% of the Samsung Reclaim's body is a bio-plastic material,
- RIM applies for patent on combination capacitive/resistive touchscreen
- myTouch 3G, BlackBerry Curve 8520 both available today from T-Mobile
- Verizon's Touch Pro2 appears in a video
- LG BL40 Chocolate reappears in video and in new pictures
- Sprint introduces the Samsung Reclaim
- Sprint to sell phones with AMOLED displays by Samsung
- iDEN Motorola ROKR to live on over at Sprint or Boost Mobile?
- MetroPCS second quarter earnings plunge 48%
Coming next week…
Next week we are expecting the stylish LG Shine 2 to become available with AT&T, but that is all rumors for now. Nothing official. The same goes for the Samsung Fluxus, which from what we know sports a striking red keypad, similar to the one of the Samsung UltraTOUCH. Both the Shine 2 and the Fluxus are expected on August 10. Last but certainly not least, a rumor has it that the money-making HTC Touch Pro2 would hit T-Mobile on August 12.
Have a nice weekend!