The "substantial" Galaxy S IV rumors
With that in mind, we can't overlook the fact that we're starting to hear more and more rumors about the expected fourth generation of the Galaxy S series and the lovely goodies it'll reportedly sport. In fact, we've been getting Galaxy S IV-related info for quite a while now, but it wasn't until October that the rumors that reached us started to gain some substance. Of course, it'd still be an overstatement to say that we now know quite a bit about what is already one of the most-anticipated smartphones of 2013, but we can't deny it - some of the gossip sure does make some sense.
What you'll find below are the more "substantial" rumors about the Galaxy S IV that have surfaced until now, hand-picked by yours truly. Once you've read them all, you'll be as knowledgeable as one can be about the S IV this early, and you'll be able to prove it to your buddies that despite what they've seen in that perfectly authentic YouTube video, the Galaxy S IV will not have a hologram projector.
1. redmd (Posts: 909; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I think I'll have to pass on the S4 and wait for the Note 3!
2. adelta90 (Posts: 63; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
then you might as well wait for the s5 once the note 3 is released and then note4 and so on :)
31. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
where u from dude, outerspace???
7. Lawliet (Posts: 160; Member since: 02 Jul 2012)
If I had something like the S3, I'd skip the S4 anyway, since I won't feel so much "improvement" until probably S5.
9. Valdomero (Posts: 125; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
True, me having an S2 is perfect for me to upgrade.
I personally love the Galaxy S series, since I already got the S2, the S3 was too soon to upgrade, so I'll wait for the S4 to get released.
21. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
The word "rumor" is in the title, yet there are no rumors about it
14. RapidCat (Posts: 351; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
same here. pass the S4 and go for Note 3.
and S3 almost 6 month old, time for samsung to move on for S4
47. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
that JOKE IS GETTING OLD. even though i WILL give my money to the GS IV
5. dickwyn (Posts: 601; Member since: 07 May 2012)
found this full page of S4 rumorshttp://megapowertech.blogspot.
6. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 804; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
The probability of me getting the s4 come this summer is already damn high. . .
11. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Agreed. These super massive giganto screens are outrageous. The Galaxy S line needs to have screens obviously smaller than the Note line. Why is it such a problem to have a 4.3-4.5" screen?
23. cripton805 (Posts: 995; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
You do know they made a Galaxy S3 mini right? lol
Search for it. Maybe it's not available in your country.
24. duck96 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
Well you got to realize @cripton805 the s3 mini isn't just smaller, its so much lower in spec, I mean its less than the specs of my SR LTE, and the whole point of the S3 is all the "specs", the power, sharp display, quad-core cpu, etc and so on, I am planning to wait for the Note 3 as I don't have an upgrade till December of 2013, a whole year yet,...
40. Synack (Posts: 669; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
First of all I live in Texas. Second, the S3 mini has mini specs along with the screen size. They need to make a 4.3 or 4.5 inch phone with flagship phone specs. We don't need these massive HD screens. Just find a way to jack up the PPI to retina or better levels and call it a day. Not only will that solve the problem it will also use less battery life.
52. bucky (Posts: 1574; Member since: 30 Sep 2009)
i absolutely agree. I think they are pushing as far as they can go with screen sizes right now. I think 4.3 is absolutely perfect. I just cant take such a massive phone seriously...
10. KickRocks (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Got me 600 bucks in the hush fund already. Bring it on!
42. Deaconclgi (Posts: 328; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Can I borrow that to buy a Red 808 Pureview right now? I can pay you back in installments so you'll be back to $600 by the time the S4 is available! ;)
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
"will not have a hologram projector."
I hope the design of the phone will look better. A beautiful phone with the perfect specs... *sweat*
13. Technobri (Posts: 78; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
I just love the roman numerals everytime a new galaxy phone comes out:)
16. 1ceTr0n (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 May 2012)
Man, the smartphone world is moving just a little to fast now methinks. You can't even enjoy your top of the line phone for more then a few months
17. Gideon9090 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Dec 2012)
In November I thought that I was going to buy the Nexus 4, but after thinking it I'll wait to Samsung Galaxy S4.
The price of the Nexus was great but in my opinion after seeing a 1080p resolution display a 720p screen doesn't look so amazing.
The Droid DNA processor and display are awesome but it has only 16GB and not expandable storage.
I hope that the S4 will carry a BIG.little processor with incredible power and efficiency, also a Super Amoled 1080p screen, with improvements on the calibration, a 13MPX camera with the new features of Android 4.2, an expandable storage, a removable battery with at least 2500mah. It also will include a slim design, not much bigger than the S3, in fact, Samsung will reduce the bezel. The used material will be plastic, it can be a bad or good factor, good because it will bring flexibility and resistance to the phone and bad because the most purist people will feel the phone cheap and with low quality.
I hope that the price won't exceed 650$... Samsung pleaaase, become true our dreaams!! XD
19. ocostich (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2011)
The S III barely fits in a pocket and the S IV will be bigger? How about a phone with the hardware features (processor, RAM, ROM, resolution) put a pocket size screen? I would think 4-4.5 inches would be about right.
If the S IV is 5 inches, that makes it have 12% more screen area than the Note.
25. duck96 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
No, not really, the note (first edition) is 5.3" and the Note 2 is 5.5" and I do totally agree with you, my SR LTE is 4.5" and I'd rather around 4" like my mom's old captivate,...
20. kingjr243 (Posts: 31; Member since: 06 Jun 2011)
This will replace my DROID bionic just fine. First day for me hopefully the screen isn't 5 inched
26. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
how bout JUST WAIT till next END OF FEB when Samsung have their own press conference for their GS IV it will be after MWC.
27. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
For the first time Galaxy flagship is more anticipated than Iphone flagship. Great achivement by Samsung and team Android.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT (unregistered)
really hope its more compact and has a better design instead of same plastic build and more specs.......otherwise im looking to htc and sony come 2013...
29. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
if the galaxy s4 doesnt come with the unbreakable screen then it better have a whole lot more to offer than just then 1080p screen cause their already selling phones with that feature now and this is what almost 6months before the s4...gonna be an iflop5 if their not careful
32. yajia1 (Posts: 112; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
I had the s3 right when it came out. Then bought a galaxy tab 7.7. Never used the s3 again other than call and text. I think I'll just wait for a galaxy tab 7.7 2nd gen. This is the right device for me. And I must admit that although I look like an idiot moron, I stick it up to my ear when making calls. Lol.
35. jphillips63 (Posts: 185; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
The phone in my opinion to watch for is the Motorola X. With moto and google teaming up my money will be on them. Samsung uses some nice hardware but what good is a phone with a cheap radio.
36. erdpov (Posts: 67; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
my wish list:
1. killing camera with optical stab to make Nokia lovers shut up;
2. double quad exynos processor with great performance to use it as a pc replacement on a big screen
3. 3 gb of ram
4. 450 ppi
5. super amoled + screen
6. PC mode to use it as a regular computer with keyboard mouse
7. some kind of dock to use it in pc mode
43. bluescreen (Posts: 154; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
they already have all that bro....its called a netbook!!!
37. phonemirer (Posts: 111; Member since: 07 Dec 2012)
i hope phones and phablets wont surpass 7" tablets in size
49. ocostich (Posts: 5; Member since: 23 Feb 2011)
I use my Nexus 7 3G tablet to make calls all the time using GrooveIP. It's half a phone already.
39. nasznjoka (Posts: 360; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
i think this sh***t is being anticipated more than the ip********* for the first time. wonder how many will pre-order it and wishes the no just surpass the ipcrup
41. Omarc07 (Posts: 269; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
sukz i had my galaxy s3 for 2 months now they making up this kind of rumors -_-"
44. droiddomination (Posts: 203; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
I will just keep my nexus 4 and wait for the giant of all android. The Google Motorola phone. Hell to the yeah!!!!
46. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6727; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
That does it until NEXT APRIL/MAY I won't read anything UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE bout the GS IV. can't take this any longer. i'll wait for the OFFICIAL RELEASE SPECS
51. vinaysachdeva23 (Posts: 2; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
Check all the rumours for Galaxy S4 at galaxys4.us