The "substantial" Galaxy S IV rumors
With that in mind, we can't overlook the fact that we're starting to hear more and more rumors about the expected fourth generation of the Galaxy S series and the lovely goodies it'll reportedly sport. In fact, we've been getting Galaxy S IV-related info for quite a while now, but it wasn't until October that the rumors that reached us started to gain some substance. Of course, it'd still be an overstatement to say that we now know quite a bit about what is already one of the most-anticipated smartphones of 2013, but we can't deny it - some of the gossip sure does make some sense.
What you'll find below are the more "substantial" rumors about the Galaxy S IV that have surfaced until now, hand-picked by yours truly. Once you've read them all, you'll be as knowledgeable as one can be about the S IV this early, and you'll be able to prove it to your buddies that despite what they've seen in that perfectly authentic YouTube video, the Galaxy S IV will not have a hologram projector.
Samsung teased a big announcement for the upcoming Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, and everyone...
The general consensus seems to be that we'll see the announcement of the Samsung Galaxy S IV released...
Samsung Galaxy S IV release date set for April 2013, may feature an "unbreakable" screen 06 Dec 2012
Yeah, that's what we want to see - more rumors and info about the Galaxy S IV! What's undoubtedly the...
If there's one good thing about benchmarks, it's that we sometimes get hints about upcoming devices....
13MP camera, quad-core processor, and a stunning display set the stage for a great successor to the Galaxy...
Speculation that the Samsung Galaxy S IV will have a 5 inch screen with a 1080p resolution and 441ppi...
Samsung to show a 5" Full HD Super AMOLED display at CES in January, might go in the Galaxy S IV 16 Nov 2012
The official said the display is 4.99", pegging the pixel density at 441ppi, which is pretty close to...
The Samsung Galaxy S IV, the fourth generation Galaxy S, is expected to come out in the first half of...
13MP camera tipped for Samsung Galaxy S IV 04 Oct 2012
The Samsung Galaxy S III still seems like the hottest Android smartphone out there, but this doesn’t...
1. redmd posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:02 23 6
I think I'll have to pass on the S4 and wait for the Note 3!
2. adelta90 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:14 43 4
then you might as well wait for the s5 once the note 3 is released and then note4 and so on :)
30. tango_charlie posted on 23 Dec 2012, 04:02 0 0
31. AamirSIII (banned) posted on 23 Dec 2012, 04:12 1 2
where u from dude, outerspace???
34. dan86 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 05:40 0 0
21 mpx camera with xenon flash this time!
7. Lawliet posted on 10 Dec 2012, 07:09 7 5
If I had something like the S3, I'd skip the S4 anyway, since I won't feel so much "improvement" until probably S5.
9. Valdomero posted on 10 Dec 2012, 07:49 8 0
True, me having an S2 is perfect for me to upgrade.
I personally love the Galaxy S series, since I already got the S2, the S3 was too soon to upgrade, so I'll wait for the S4 to get released.
21. Nadr1212 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 21:55 0 3
The word "rumor" is in the title, yet there are no rumors about it
14. RapidCat posted on 10 Dec 2012, 11:06 3 0
same here. pass the S4 and go for Note 3.
and S3 almost 6 month old, time for samsung to move on for S4
47. InspectorGadget80 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 21:00 1 0
that JOKE IS GETTING OLD. even though i WILL give my money to the GS IV
5. dickwyn posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:22 3 2
found this full page of S4 rumorshttp://megapowertech.blogspot.
6. XiphiasGladius posted on 10 Dec 2012, 06:55 3 0
The probability of me getting the s4 come this summer is already damn high. . .
11. Synack posted on 10 Dec 2012, 10:00 5 1
Agreed. These super massive giganto screens are outrageous. The Galaxy S line needs to have screens obviously smaller than the Note line. Why is it such a problem to have a 4.3-4.5" screen?
23. cripton805 posted on 11 Dec 2012, 05:59 2 3
You do know they made a Galaxy S3 mini right? lol
Search for it. Maybe it's not available in your country.
24. duck96 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:35 2 0
Well you got to realize @cripton805 the s3 mini isn't just smaller, its so much lower in spec, I mean its less than the specs of my SR LTE, and the whole point of the S3 is all the "specs", the power, sharp display, quad-core cpu, etc and so on, I am planning to wait for the Note 3 as I don't have an upgrade till December of 2013, a whole year yet,...
40. Synack posted on 23 Dec 2012, 13:05 0 0
First of all I live in Texas. Second, the S3 mini has mini specs along with the screen size. They need to make a 4.3 or 4.5 inch phone with flagship phone specs. We don't need these massive HD screens. Just find a way to jack up the PPI to retina or better levels and call it a day. Not only will that solve the problem it will also use less battery life.
52. bucky posted on 30 Dec 2012, 16:00 0 0
i absolutely agree. I think they are pushing as far as they can go with screen sizes right now. I think 4.3 is absolutely perfect. I just cant take such a massive phone seriously...
10. KickRocks posted on 10 Dec 2012, 09:06 3 0
Got me 600 bucks in the hush fund already. Bring it on!
42. Deaconclgi posted on 23 Dec 2012, 15:10 0 0
Can I borrow that to buy a Red 808 Pureview right now? I can pay you back in installments so you'll be back to $600 by the time the S4 is available! ;)
12. gwuhua1984 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 10:22 2 0
"will not have a hologram projector."
I hope the design of the phone will look better. A beautiful phone with the perfect specs... *sweat*
13. Technobri posted on 10 Dec 2012, 10:46 1 0
I just love the roman numerals everytime a new galaxy phone comes out:)
16. 1ceTr0n posted on 10 Dec 2012, 13:00 9 0
Man, the smartphone world is moving just a little to fast now methinks. You can't even enjoy your top of the line phone for more then a few months
17. Gideon9090 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 15:54 4 0
In November I thought that I was going to buy the Nexus 4, but after thinking it I'll wait to Samsung Galaxy S4.
The price of the Nexus was great but in my opinion after seeing a 1080p resolution display a 720p screen doesn't look so amazing.
The Droid DNA processor and display are awesome but it has only 16GB and not expandable storage.
I hope that the S4 will carry a BIG.little processor with incredible power and efficiency, also a Super Amoled 1080p screen, with improvements on the calibration, a 13MPX camera with the new features of Android 4.2, an expandable storage, a removable battery with at least 2500mah. It also will include a slim design, not much bigger than the S3, in fact, Samsung will reduce the bezel. The used material will be plastic, it can be a bad or good factor, good because it will bring flexibility and resistance to the phone and bad because the most purist people will feel the phone cheap and with low quality.
I hope that the price won't exceed 650$... Samsung pleaaase, become true our dreaams!! XD
19. ocostich posted on 10 Dec 2012, 20:16 3 0
The S III barely fits in a pocket and the S IV will be bigger? How about a phone with the hardware features (processor, RAM, ROM, resolution) put a pocket size screen? I would think 4-4.5 inches would be about right.
If the S IV is 5 inches, that makes it have 12% more screen area than the Note.
25. duck96 posted on 12 Dec 2012, 11:36 0 0
No, not really, the note (first edition) is 5.3" and the Note 2 is 5.5" and I do totally agree with you, my SR LTE is 4.5" and I'd rather around 4" like my mom's old captivate,...
20. kingjr243 posted on 10 Dec 2012, 20:41 0 0
This will replace my DROID bionic just fine. First day for me hopefully the screen isn't 5 inched
26. InspectorGadget80 posted on 20 Dec 2012, 22:34 1 0
how bout JUST WAIT till next END OF FEB when Samsung have their own press conference for their GS IV it will be after MWC.
27. Thephonegeek posted on 23 Dec 2012, 03:29 2 3
For the first time Galaxy flagship is more anticipated than Iphone flagship. Great achivement by Samsung and team Android.
28. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 23 Dec 2012, 03:33 2 2
really hope its more compact and has a better design instead of same plastic build and more specs.......otherwise im looking to htc and sony come 2013...
29. bluescreen posted on 23 Dec 2012, 03:41 0 0
if the galaxy s4 doesnt come with the unbreakable screen then it better have a whole lot more to offer than just then 1080p screen cause their already selling phones with that feature now and this is what almost 6months before the s4...gonna be an iflop5 if their not careful
32. yajia1 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 04:15 0 0
I had the s3 right when it came out. Then bought a galaxy tab 7.7. Never used the s3 again other than call and text. I think I'll just wait for a galaxy tab 7.7 2nd gen. This is the right device for me. And I must admit that although I look like an idiot moron, I stick it up to my ear when making calls. Lol.
35. jphillips63 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 06:21 0 0
The phone in my opinion to watch for is the Motorola X. With moto and google teaming up my money will be on them. Samsung uses some nice hardware but what good is a phone with a cheap radio.
36. erdpov posted on 23 Dec 2012, 07:06 2 3
my wish list:
1. killing camera with optical stab to make Nokia lovers shut up;
2. double quad exynos processor with great performance to use it as a pc replacement on a big screen
3. 3 gb of ram
4. 450 ppi
5. super amoled + screen
6. PC mode to use it as a regular computer with keyboard mouse
7. some kind of dock to use it in pc mode
43. bluescreen posted on 23 Dec 2012, 16:17 0 0
they already have all that bro....its called a netbook!!!
37. phonemirer posted on 23 Dec 2012, 08:55 1 0
i hope phones and phablets wont surpass 7" tablets in size
49. ocostich posted on 24 Dec 2012, 14:39 0 0
I use my Nexus 7 3G tablet to make calls all the time using GrooveIP. It's half a phone already.
39. nasznjoka posted on 23 Dec 2012, 09:35 0 0
i think this sh***t is being anticipated more than the ip********* for the first time. wonder how many will pre-order it and wishes the no just surpass the ipcrup
41. Omarc07 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 13:08 0 0
sukz i had my galaxy s3 for 2 months now they making up this kind of rumors -_-"
44. droiddomination posted on 23 Dec 2012, 18:19 0 0
I will just keep my nexus 4 and wait for the giant of all android. The Google Motorola phone. Hell to the yeah!!!!
46. InspectorGadget80 posted on 23 Dec 2012, 20:58 0 0
That does it until NEXT APRIL/MAY I won't read anything UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE bout the GS IV. can't take this any longer. i'll wait for the OFFICIAL RELEASE SPECS
51. vinaysachdeva23 posted on 25 Dec 2012, 11:41 0 0
Check all the rumours for Galaxy S4 at galaxys4.us