Samsung Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 6s: first look
1. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
The 6s looks like an ancient phone next to the S7
12. zeeBomb (Posts: 1732; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
I see a pattern...like iPhone, Samsung decided to bring the best features on an odd numbered galaxy device, on an even year, and kinda build upon that on the next 2 year where they really give out the enhanced flavour. Just like the improved performance from the 6 to the 6S in 2015, *its prob best to get a galaxy device every even year.*
14. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
But unlike Apple, Samsung already had the best technology available in 2015 put into their flagships. I don't see what Samsung could've done more this year with S7, like apart from the glass back, and the lack of dual tone led flash, I don't see anything that the S7 is missing.
22. Rocket (Posts: 171; Member since: 24 Feb 2014)
the only thing that I dont like is the heart rate sensor and flash ubication bcuz the phone will look ugly when u put a case on it, below the camera like in the s5 looks beautiful.
40. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Xenon flash and optical zoom is missing.
2. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Oh and PA, how does the iPhone 6s has the mkre refined design? You mean the fantastic and gorgeous thick bezels? Or the mesmerizing antenna bands?
5. Unordinary (Posts: 1004; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
For your sake I'd start liking what you don't. Next thing Samesung will copy is Apples design.
8. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Calling a company names shows how mature yku are..... NOT.
9. Unordinary (Posts: 1004; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
In case you're still living with mama, the whole "NOT!" joke happened 13 years ago. Get with the times man baby.
10. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I am sorry, I didn't know that NOT jokes were invented before you were born. Cry more
3. AlikR (Posts: 25; Member since: 05 Sep 2013)
i wonder if PA will ever give an unbiased review but even in the case when innovation is obvious, they praise the iPhone... What a shame...
11. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Don't worry. S7 will get a 6.0 rating.
13. zeeBomb (Posts: 1732; Member since: 14 Aug 2014)
Nahhhh I think it'll get a 9.5
Dzomark however...camera score will be 92/94 OVR...bet
17. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It was a shot aimed at PA recent reviews and their low ratings they are giving to whatever non Apple product that gets released.
19. Unordinary (Posts: 1004; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
You expect that "86% market share" to all get 9.2's??
16. Unordinary (Posts: 1004; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
Deserves a solid 8.7-9.
No expandable storage
No battery to remove
21. sgodsell (Posts: 3063; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Hmmm, this is a comparison between the Galaxy S7 vs the iPhone 6s. The iPhone 6s doesn't have any of those things and it also has a low resolution display with no OIS. BTW the Galaxy S7 has expandable storage.
24. Unordinary (Posts: 1004; Member since: 04 Nov 2015)
I was joking about the storage. It seems like that's all people care about from Samsung.
31. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
It has expandable storage. And you know what, type C is a disadvantage, not an advantage currently.
That being said, S7 is bad:
I was expecting a better camera and got this crap.
Screen is the same too.
No SSD inside. Same UFS storage.
Also, iPhone 6s has none of these features you mentioned and still got a 9.3.
43. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
What a Pure hypocrites.
42. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
A disgrace that Apple wasn't there. And they still praise Apple.
7. tiara6918 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
While I do think the s7 is better than the 6s. I wonder when will come the time that samsung's flagship would out sell the iphone. I feel the iphone 7 would make record breaking sales again
23. Supraman21 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
Arguably mire refined a a stylish? Are you guys kidding?? Same with the resolution there is a huge difference between 720p and 1r40p.
26. TerryTerius (Posts: 1433; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
Yes and no. On such a small screen, 720 P on the 6s doesn't look anywhere near as bad as it sounds on paper. There is a noticeable difference in clarity, but it is way overblown by just about everybody in comment sections. That being said, the S6 and by proxy the S7 has the most gorgeous screen I've ever seen.
29. Supraman21 (Posts: 292; Member since: 09 Jun 2010)
It really does. Pixelation is definitely noticeable especially when reading the web. I just can't go back to under 400ppi.
35. nodes (Posts: 681; Member since: 06 Mar 2014)
yeah, and how many ppis your PC's monitor/notebook again?
tell me how todays 4K monitor is so pixelated as they have way less ppi.
37. Macready (Posts: 811; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
No, they have a much larger viewing distance.
25. geoffphuket (Posts: 50; Member since: 08 Feb 2016)
Think I'd prefer to keep most of my bank deposit in tact, and buy a Lenovo K80M:
28. tyson3 (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 May 2012)
As good as the specs are on the S7 doesn't change they are comparing it to last year's iPhone. Once the iphone 7 drops game over as always. I have an lg v10 so I'm not trying to take away from Samsung but numbers just don't lie and people don't like change. Overall the S7 edge looks really good...
30. maherk (Posts: 3365; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Your comments makes zero sense.
Why can't they compare the S7 with the 6s because it's an older phone, yet you are willing to compare the upcoming iPhone 7 with the S7? Lol
And this isn't how comparisons work, the latest product gets compared to it's latest rival.
32. ibend (Posts: 3182; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
yeah right.. S7 and i6S only 5months apart.. its more fair to compare them than S7 with i7 which is 7month apart
36. darkkjedii (Posts: 19456; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
"Last years iPhone". Dude it's only February lol. Give the s7 it's due, it's a better S model, than the iPhone is. This is good for us, Apple will push back, one up Sammy, then we look to next year.
33. prith (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Sep 2015)
S7 is just pathetic... No new features.. warm tint upgraded camera, better processor (yet slower than A9), Thicker phone and that's it..
45. coldspring22 (Posts: 300; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
Not if your phone uses more than one core. Don't look now, but Exynos 8990 blows A9 out of water with nearly twice in multi-core geekbench score!! Only silly isheeps believe A9 is fastest cpu ever.
34. darealist (Posts: 101; Member since: 25 Feb 2015)
Ugly giant bezels on those ugly phones.
38. prith (Posts: 7; Member since: 27 Sep 2015)
What are you even talking ? How can this become an answer to that ?? I support G5.. There's nothing innovative on s7
39. tyson3 (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 May 2012)
How is this so hard to understand! When Samsung tried to release close to apple release date . Samsung knows in order to sell phones to sell it earlier and get enough sold before iPhone comes out. No phone company will release a phone close to an apple launch. My point is to compare your newest phone to last years model doesn't prove much. So like I said I like the phone s7 but iPhone but it won't compare to iPhone
44. S.R.K. (banned) (Posts: 678; Member since: 11 Feb 2016)
Even the ip8 will still fall behind the S6 in technology.
46. Anonn (Posts: 230; Member since: 04 Jun 2014)
Watch the Galaxy S7 destroy the iPhone 6S in a low light camera shoot out
47. tyson3 (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 May 2012)
My comment makes perfect sense if you look at from the standpoint of comparing phones based on what year they come out. I wouldn't compare the iPhone 7 to the s6. I understand why they do it for people to make a choice on what phone to get.