Samsung Galaxy Nexus survives a key scratch test, worries about Gorilla Glass look silly now
As if to prove that Gorilla Glass is just the most popular household name when it comes to toughened glass, which makes Corning, its maker, a marketing genius, the screen on the Galaxy Nexus was scratched with keys by someone the minute after they got it, demonstrating that the other tough glass makers are good too.
The result is pretty (in)visible in video, so we can now sleep tight again, knowing that it will be safe to drop the 4.65" HD display on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus in the same pocket with your car keys.
1. Atrixboyyy (Posts: 227; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Worries about gorilla glass look silly now??
Is that a typo... I hope
Whatever happened to that dragontooth glass (guessing thats the name) maybe that's what Samsung used .
12. Kmack (Posts: 26; Member since: 15 Nov 2011)
"worries (people had) about not having gorilla glass" imo
23. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
does the htc sensation have gorilla glass?
2. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Looks like this phone is DOA. No gorilla glass and a beta version of android.
7. Eingild (Posts: 203; Member since: 19 Apr 2011)
Beta means not official. ICS seems pretty official to me. Troll
8. XiphiasGladius (Posts: 799; Member since: 21 Aug 2011)
Here's a dollar taco, use it to pay someone for you to talk to. . .
9. cnwwyo (Posts: 123; Member since: 26 May 2011)
and this is the f a g that complains about trolling!...loool
17. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1471; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
try doing that to your precious iPhone with "Gorilla Glass" f**ckin iDiot
4. Mercenary (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
I can't believe this until I see another video..
5. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2871; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
Scratches are annoying but a cracked screen is a whole other story. I want to see how well it does from being dropped.
6. xiobnb (Posts: 74; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I think the new phones these days are pretty scratch resistant ...but when it comes to dropping phones ....it really depends on luck ..if you drop it at a right angle the screen will.probably survive if not ...then you just need a new phone
10. IsThereOnePhoneWOaFatalFlaw (Posts: 8; Member since: 07 Nov 2011)
In terms of drops: You really think the Nexus is going to have worse (or different at all for that matter) glass the the Galaxy S II? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
=elKxgsrJFhwThis video isn't the end-all/be-all, but it sure inspires confidence. All I know is I was pissed when the S II didnt come out for Verizon, so the camera BETTER be as good as the S II, or I'm gonna gather up 1000's of my closest ultra-liberal friends and we're gonna go Occupy Verizon. :P
11. remixfa (Posts: 13902; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
dont feed the trolls.. they only come back.. lol. i know im pretty guilty of that myself.
13. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
ASAHI Glass made Dragontrail for mobile devices and also made glasses for all Toyota windows.
14. Booya (Posts: 8; Member since: 11 Nov 2011)
I WANT THIS PHONE!!! WHEN IS IT COMING OUT OF THE LOVE OF GOD???
16. sgogeta4 (Posts: 390; Member since: 02 Feb 2011)
I don't even understand why people were worried about this topic in the first place. Samsung has a joint venture with Corning, who came up with gorilla glass. If anything, Samsung has even better glass than gorilla glass. Just because it doesn't have a marketing name yet, doesn't mean it is not protected at least as well as those with the marketed gorilla glass.
18. torr310 (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Oct 2011)
We will see how the glass go against scratches and drops after it arrives in people's hands. It's still too early to affirm.
19. gallitoking (Posts: 4630; Member since: 17 May 2011)
silly test in my opinion... since only about 200 people will buy the nexus (as many of you claim that the nexus are not made to sell) well most "developer" that get the phone.. will only scratch it with the 32 oz of a burger king cup....
20. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Dude, you really need to use Google Translate or get yourself some Rosetta Stone.
21. jamrockjones (Posts: 345; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Haha, agreed! gallitoking, why are you always such a hater?
22. SuperMECD (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Doesn't andybody just want to perform a droptest with his newly bought Galaxy Nexus? *G That'd be really great!!