Reminder: phone unlocking petition needs signatures by Saturday
6 March Multiple Congress representatives support cell phone unlocking and look to submit bills
4 March The White House responds: phones and tablets should be unlockable
28 February FCC will investigate cellphone unlock legality
21 February Success! Petition to make unlocking phones legal meets goal
20 February Reminder: phone unlocking petition needs signatures by Saturday
1. threed61 (Posts: 107; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Never been one for petitions, but I added my signature.
5. som (Posts: 767; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
This is website to sign up.
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 2439; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
I'm not signing. If you want an unlocked phone, pay the full price.
14. NewTone (Posts: 21; Member since: 20 Feb 2013)
Are you blind? Even if they paid full price the phones are still illigal to unlock...
10. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
I am in the 93,000. Better late than never.
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
so you mean to tell me that if i buy a car and paid the notes off fully on it, i cant change the tires on it if i wanted to!!? Wouldnt NOT allowing that person that option be.... against the law?? Friends , we have got to sign this they're tryna pull a fast one on us
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4571; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I didn't and don't intent to.... but good luck to that
25. tedkord (Posts: 3409; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
OF course you don't. You prefer to have someone control your products and make up your mind for you.
7. reyenrique (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
well l did my part now did up to u to sign it !!! screw the govenrment... freedom for all !!!
8. ray77 (Posts: 121; Member since: 17 Nov 2012)
it look like there are cowards on this site , freedom to the people !!
9. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2573; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Already down to 6500 signatures needed. Good job everyone!
12. joseph98 (Posts: 167; Member since: 03 Feb 2012)
Down to 6092 now. come on guys sign it. I always buy an unlocked phone but I did it for the people who need it. I like to give whenever I can cause maybe someday I need someone's else help.
19. madmikepr (Posts: 58; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
4,220 now!!! hope this madness end!!! freedom to the people :D!!! almost there friends spread the words with you friends!!!
20. JC557 (Posts: 631; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Luckily practically every tech site is reporting this petition so it shouldn't be too hard to get that many signatures.
The only problem is that these asshats in office won't listen and thus deserve a swift beating... possibly their families as well.
22. factorycrackunlock (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
412 to go! Good job everyone! Lets hear wat the govt have to say about this. 100k can't be wrong!
23. w-t-f (Posts: 42; Member since: 21 Aug 2012)
only 15 more :) signed mine first time I saw it.
24. Johnabis (Posts: 50; Member since: 17 Feb 2011)
We did it! we passed the 100,000 signatures needed! good job everyone.
27. EclipseGSX (Posts: 1330; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Now if only they will let us build a deathstar :)
28. semitope (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Feb 2013)
Not signing this.
I am on the verge of changing my view on these things. My current realization is that, if they had the power, individual persons who protest these things would make the very same decisions and take the same actions. After seeing how quickly and irrationally individuals react negatively to perceived infringement on THEIR copyrights and financial interests, I really do not think any of them deserve to be spared from any decision like this.
It is unreasonable, but unreasonable isn't beyond regular consumers apparently. Work around it and buy unlocked phones from the outset or take it in to the carrier for them to unlock it for you.
I probably won't object to "milking" of consumers either when it comes to hardware, services etc. Seeing things in a different light.