Reminder: phone unlocking petition needs signatures by Saturday
6 March Multiple Congress representatives support cell phone unlocking and look to submit bills
4 March The White House responds: phones and tablets should be unlockable
28 February FCC will investigate cellphone unlock legality
21 February Success! Petition to make unlocking phones legal meets goal
20 February Reminder: phone unlocking petition needs signatures by Saturday
1. threed61 posted on 20 Feb 2013, 16:38 18 0
Never been one for petitions, but I added my signature.
5. som posted on 20 Feb 2013, 18:10 13 0
This is website to sign up.
11. Mxyzptlk posted on 20 Feb 2013, 19:37 1 13
I'm not signing. If you want an unlocked phone, pay the full price.
14. NewTone posted on 20 Feb 2013, 20:19 10 0
Are you blind? Even if they paid full price the phones are still illigal to unlock...
18. tedkord posted on 20 Feb 2013, 21:27 8 0
Not blind. Stupid.
26. NewTone posted on 21 Feb 2013, 11:51 0 0
Ok fair enough =P
4. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 20 Feb 2013, 17:51 9 1
so you mean to tell me that if i buy a car and paid the notes off fully on it, i cant change the tires on it if i wanted to!!? Wouldnt NOT allowing that person that option be.... against the law?? Friends , we have got to sign this they're tryna pull a fast one on us
6. gallitoking posted on 20 Feb 2013, 18:20 0 20
I didn't and don't intent to.... but good luck to that
25. tedkord posted on 21 Feb 2013, 09:13 0 0
OF course you don't. You prefer to have someone control your products and make up your mind for you.
7. reyenrique posted on 20 Feb 2013, 18:45 10 0
well l did my part now did up to u to sign it !!! screw the govenrment... freedom for all !!!
8. ray77 posted on 20 Feb 2013, 18:54 13 1
it look like there are cowards on this site , freedom to the people !!
9. MichaelHeller posted on 20 Feb 2013, 19:18 7 0
Already down to 6500 signatures needed. Good job everyone!
12. joseph98 posted on 20 Feb 2013, 19:40 4 0
Down to 6092 now. come on guys sign it. I always buy an unlocked phone but I did it for the people who need it. I like to give whenever I can cause maybe someday I need someone's else help.
19. madmikepr posted on 20 Feb 2013, 21:34 2 0
4,220 now!!! hope this madness end!!! freedom to the people :D!!! almost there friends spread the words with you friends!!!
20. JC557 posted on 20 Feb 2013, 22:26 3 0
Luckily practically every tech site is reporting this petition so it shouldn't be too hard to get that many signatures.
The only problem is that these asshats in office won't listen and thus deserve a swift beating... possibly their families as well.
22. factorycrackunlock posted on 21 Feb 2013, 04:17 2 0
412 to go! Good job everyone! Lets hear wat the govt have to say about this. 100k can't be wrong!
24. Johnabis posted on 21 Feb 2013, 06:46 3 0
We did it! we passed the 100,000 signatures needed! good job everyone.
27. EclipseGSX posted on 21 Feb 2013, 19:20 0 0
Now if only they will let us build a deathstar :)
28. semitope posted on 23 Feb 2013, 13:30 0 0
Not signing this.
I am on the verge of changing my view on these things. My current realization is that, if they had the power, individual persons who protest these things would make the very same decisions and take the same actions. After seeing how quickly and irrationally individuals react negatively to perceived infringement on THEIR copyrights and financial interests, I really do not think any of them deserve to be spared from any decision like this.
It is unreasonable, but unreasonable isn't beyond regular consumers apparently. Work around it and buy unlocked phones from the outset or take it in to the carrier for them to unlock it for you.
I probably won't object to "milking" of consumers either when it comes to hardware, services etc. Seeing things in a different light.