Parody of Apple iPhone 5S announcement says the "S" stands for same
A parody of one of these promos was posted on YouTube and we have to admit that it is pretty funny. Even those currently waiting outside the 5th Avenue Apple Store in the <ahem> Big Apple, hoping to be among the first to own an iPhone 5S, would have to chuckle at the video. And check out some of the titles that some of these made-up employees are sporting.
So if you're in the need to release a laugh, a chuckle or a guffaw, or if this past week has you in the dumps, click on the video below and put a smile on your face. No need to thank us, it's part of our job description.
source: YouTube via Gizmodo
1. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I saw this earlier today, and laughed my ass off. Granted, the 5S may bring some genuine changes, but this was still funny as hell.
12. E.N. (Posts: 2565; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
There are sooo many similar parodies though, setup a bit overused. Lightning S Cable was pretty funny though. Just imagine if Apple did that, lol
13. Sniggly (Posts: 7281; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Dude, people were pissed off enough over the Lightning connector as it was, lol.
Probably my favorite line was about how "peasants" can use the phone too, because it perfectly encapsulates how iFanboys come across whenever they argue that Android "only" gains marketshare by selling "cheap handsets," while the iPhone series sells as a "premium" handset.
30. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
You have the point of the day, that 'peasants' line was golden. They should have added bus drivers to that but, it still made me lmao!!
I can't believe, though, PhoneArena had the chutzpah to post this factual video; it's the only real news they've posted on the "SameCheap" iRelease all YEAR!
15. AnTuTu (Posts: 1312; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
It is funny because its 1000000001% true.
S stands for Same
C stands for Cheap
At Apple we break ground everyday lolz just made my day....
32. sniper1087 (Posts: 451; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
The S4 was a let down, even to this day it lags and yes I had one, sold it. I prefer to see the Z1 with its revolutionary camera, granted might not be better than the 1020, so far pictures show otherwise. Now tech bloggers are recommending not to buy the S4, because is getting replaced with a newer chip, that might not make it lag, I haven't had the note 3 to test, but knowing samsung it might still lag, because, they added even more things, maybe the new processor might help, we will have to wait and see.
36. tedkord (Posts: 7210; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Which in addition to the same internal upgrades that Apple includes in it's S devices, had a bigger screen with higher resolution in a smaller body with different form factor. All things no iPhone S has ever had.
39. taikucing (unregistered)
hahahaha.... butthurt iFanboy
31. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I though Bill CEO/WTF was cool; the entire video was more "Revolutionary" than the actual iPseudo phone.
34. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Why would he be jealous, there's nothing to be jealous about. Well, I kinda' am jealous [of that new Lightning!!! S cable - WOW] *(
40. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
you are wrong sir ,in the FCC filling it show up clear that C stand for Crap , get your facts right , thank you !
18. ihatesmartphone (unregistered)
Why so many people hate about iphone?
23. nxl2610 (Posts: 49; Member since: 14 Aug 2013)
Peoples don't hate iPhones ,just iF@gs (well,at least i'm)
38. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Be that as it may, they have several VALID points in their video. What's wrong, MAD cuz uGot owned so, your first line of defense is to attack their masculinity just cuz' they didn't "Yo this, Yo that and fist bump in the video"? If anything, they would be strong advocates for the iPhone 5S given its' rAiNbow color scheme. Apparently, uLike rAiNbows, too .... lol [rAiNbow BriTe lives]
45. tedkord (Posts: 7210; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I don't hate the iPhone. I don't think it's anywhere near up to the level of Android flagships.
But I do hate Apple's legal douchebaggery.
3. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
That was hilarious and surprisingly (read : sarcasm) true :P
16. AnTuTu (Posts: 1312; Member since: 14 Oct 2012)
LMAO "In fact, you're already using the new iPhone 5s." DEAD lmaooo
6. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
"Introducing the new magical cable, the Lightning...[S]. *Mad Gay Eyes*"
8. sarb009 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 Jun 2011)
Even this is a joke but much of they said is truth
9. ilia1986 (unregistered)
The best parody is the truth in this case..
17. SIGPRO (Posts: 759; Member since: 03 Oct 2012)
True the iphone was revolutionary a few year's back, but now it's just crap!
20. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
I guess someone must be FUMING and not FOAMING (at mouth) on seeing this video.
22. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
My bad, I thought that "S" stands for Samsung components. :D
35. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
hahahahaha. i mean thats probably true.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
LMAO S for Same very true. Don't you just love Apple parodies?
25. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1081; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
Oh how I miss the days of endless pages of iPhone/Android arguments. Now its Samsung/Android arguments. Its like NOBODY takes Apple serious at all anymore (and they shouldn't).
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 15245; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
The funniest one is the orabrush 2. Dude that one will have you in tears.
43. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
No, I think that this one was funnier.
48. Whateverman (Posts: 3236; Member since: 17 May 2009)
Haven't seen that one yet, I'll have to YouTube that.
47. Taters (Posts: 4657; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
The funniest one was the phone dog iphone 5 one from Sydney. That cracked me up. This one not so much.
49. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 2024; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Lol . Iphone users must be watching in disbelief .. hahahaa its true, mindless
52. SuperNexus (Posts: 125; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I don't know how it was funny.
What they all say is true, isn't it?