New YouTube app for Windows Phone running into problems
One analysis of the situation shows that the app was using a revoked developer key. Either Microsoft failed to update it when they revamped the app to meet Google's requirements, or for one reason or another, Google has revoked the key. One possibility is that both tech titans never actually signed off on the revamped app. Or perhaps Google just made some changes to YouTube that need to be picked up on by Microsoft.
Considering that third party YouTube app MyTube is also having similar problems, it is beginning to look like Google is responsible for the problems with its streaming video app. Certainly the truth will come out and set somebody free.
1. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
yesterday everyone was so Happy
this is the reason WP SUCKS
2. fsnas (Posts: 100; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
so because of a failure in one app, the OS sucks!
nice, you should be a professor in Harvard!
5. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
ofcourse because this Single app is used by Billions and trillions of people uing smartphones
but i already forgot only 3.3 percent users are having WP
12. GeekMovement (Posts: 1898; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
wow i never knew the global population reached a trillion already...
13. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
that is if you start to count the ones with half-brains like he is, just to be able to comment something...
29. Seo_Joo_Hyun (Posts: 65; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
there are many youtube apps in the store and MyTube is my favorite app and its way better than the offical app IMO
3. saffant (Posts: 242; Member since: 04 Jul 2011)
Not WP's fault (well not directly anyway), but it's still a fault nonetheless. Lack of such basic quality apps is such a dealbreaker.
7. jedpatrickdatu (Posts: 161; Member since: 24 Jan 2013)
Google is clearly the one who caused the problem. If anyone sucks, it's Google.
9. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
so sad WINDOWS PHONE maker MS licks ANdroID MAKER GOOGLE's feet just for some Apps
15. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
they actually made a better app than google that allowed youtube downloads as well as removing youtube adds, but google begged MS to remove it....
22. znellu (Posts: 74; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
What are you?!! Troll's new born brainless brother?!
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 4081; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Ask M$ to lay off their lawsuits against Google and Motorola first.
Sue Google still want a free ride from Google.
14. blackeye117 (Posts: 13; Member since: 24 Dec 2011)
Its Google's Fault , The Daddy That Gave Birth To Your Beloved Laggy OS is REsponsible For This ,(most Probably) REad The Article First , :P
18. Ray.S (Posts: 270; Member since: 19 Jul 2011)
I actually think that MetroTube is better than this 'official' app.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9722; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Just when WP users got to see the light at the end of the tunnel, they get this. The wait for the app was bad enough, and Google may have just put them on the waiting list all over again. Idk what I'd do without YouTube..
23. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
m.youtube.com works just as well
or... heres a thought... turn the browser to desktop and go towww.youtube.com
why use an app when you can get the real thing?
that is a serious question...
6. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Boo! I never updated from the ad free version that allows me to do vids, never had a problem, and now this problem with the new app is affecting even my old version!
wonder if google pulled the rug out from under Microsoft and blocked the windows phone user agent. Hopefully this will fix on googles end so I don't have to update it...
8. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
Hey mariosuneo4, how many ppl do u think are on the planet earth?
10. mariosuneo4 (banned) (Posts: 75; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
80% market share is captured by Android so guess i.am one of them
and PLEASE BEG In front of google for some official apps
16. cam-whore (Posts: 164; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
you really didn't understand the question eh...so smart bro, stop using google for every question you are asked....so very smart....
20. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
i think his android brain cannot process other than 80% market share and goolge only.. all else is "access denied" poor sap..
24. solomonsteve (Posts: 75; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
PhoneArena is always againt WP. Just look at the caption ''New YouTube app for Windows Phone running into problems" and u just stated that a developer key have been revoked. So who revoked it? Isnt it Google?? please be accurate in sincere in your articles..
25. gazmatic (Posts: 628; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
the estimated mobile phone usage is about 6800million yet of that only 2000million have smartphones... 80% of that number is 1600million so that is the number of people estimated to be using android.... not trillions and trillions
are you twelve?
that is only 23% of global phone use
and even if wp had 1% of gloobal smartphone use that is over 20million people using wp... since it is at around 3% that amounts to 60million people
that is over 60million people that google are screwing over just to get ad money
does the math hurt your brain?
28. darkvadervip (Posts: 360; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
Is it me but you can still use YouTube thru your internet. The app just makes it more simple.