Lightweight Windows Phone 8.1 handset announced by Xolo; phone due out next month
The Xolo WIN Q900s comes with a 4.7 inch screen offering up a resolution of 720 x 1280. A 1.2GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 CPU powers the phone, which features 1GB of RAM and 8GB of native storage. Need more storage? A microSD slot will provide you with additional memory. The model supports dual SIM cards and the camera on the back is 8MP with an LED flash. A 2MP snapper graces the front of the handset.
The phone was available to be pre-ordered from Snapdeal.com for 9999 Rupees ($166 USD). However, the 5000 units allocated for the pre-order have been sold out, and the next time the phone can be purchased from the site, the price will rise to 11,999 Rupees ($200 USD). The phone is expected to launch during the second week of July.
source: Xolo, Snapdeal.com via WPCentral
1. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
My xperia ray weighed about the same, Impressive. And how about 1520 brick weighing 215gms LOL. :p
2. nlbates66 (Posts: 317; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
well yeah, although 6" display is a bit different to 4.7" :P
as for iPhone, hilarious considering that thing has only a 4" or so display hahaha.
4. ihavenoname (Posts: 1581; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
True, bigger screen iPhone is definitely not coming too early.
11. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 1576; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Yes, and it is made from precision-milled and anodized aluminum, whereas this is probably made from the lowest grade plastics available.
24. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3575; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Ignore the pathetic trolls... Like I said, they have sorry, old generation Android devices, and are jealous that others have better WP devices than theirs... A lot of these trolls still are using GS2's, and 3's because they don't have a decent job to get the really cool Android devices... So, you'll see those "jelly" punks here consistently... They're easy to point out.
25. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
You sound butthurt :p
your info is old BTW.
8. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
This lightest WP in the world is still certainly heavier than YOUR brain,
10. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
I said its Impressive, but looks like I have to shut you shills up again. Okay be careful Grandpa, while carrying your brick in pocket, maybe it can slip down your trowsers. :)
16. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
I'd like my trousers to fall down, so the gals can see the REAL stuff. You're a long way off that kid. Go back to watching WWE.
17. StraightEdgeNexus (Posts: 3681; Member since: 14 Feb 2014)
No one wants to see Grandpa's "stuff" which cant well er&%*. :)
6. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1016; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
I personally prefer heavier phone because I can at least feel their presence in my pocket. I keep thinking that I lost my phone back when I was using the Asha 306, which weighed around the same
9. garlic456 (Posts: 249; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Lol, my Galaxy Beam weights the same when there is no battery inside :D
12. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I don't like super light phones. Makes them feel cheap and toyish. The s5 is too light as it is.
13. rahul.niks (Posts: 86; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
Xolo phones are always premium in looks, even if their hardware are not good and they do not provide goog service after sales. I own a xolo device which by looks can fail iPhone 5/5s anyday but the problem is after sales service, internal bugs and their mediatek hardwares, but Windows do not support mt so they are stucking to lower qcsd processors, hope this time their serives improves and so does their bugs problem
14. vijaysivakula (Posts: 179; Member since: 17 Aug 2011)
No matter how thin or light it might be I wouldnt buy this for a few reasons.
1. Snapdragon 200 - Will get better processors for that money from other manufacturors
2. XOLO / LAVA - Certainly not given the reputation of all these manufacturers regarding their after sales service.
3. Weight is not important enough to swing my decision to buy this.
18. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
You know what you can get for 10k Rupees? A Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2. I'm sure that this XOLO phone will be much, MUCH better at performance and other things at this price.
21. gaara6775 (Posts: 711; Member since: 20 May 2014)
How can you forget lumia 525? Add Lil n we get 630.
23. NokiaFTW (Posts: 2058; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
But you don't get an HD screen, quad core processor and front camera with either Lumias. :)
15. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1314; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
back in the day of the Windows 7 smart phones Microsoft used to tell OEM's what components they should use to make a Windows smart phones with. now they do not do that
as far as I can tell so people have to beware of what they buy!
22. cyborg009 (Posts: 95; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Xolo phones have pathetic build quality.
My opinion is based on two of my colleagues who use xolo android phones and they've shared their experience about hardware problems and poor service.