Is the 30-pin to Lightning adapter incompatible with old Apple accessories?
2. microsoftnokiawin posted on 11 Oct 2012, 05:39 4 0
why are apple trying to ruin their branding it's the only thing carrying them right now
7. hung2900 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:05 9 0
Don't worry, Apple will sell you a substitution for ~$30.
That price is very very reasonable, affordable for a fantastic new adapter, cus "Apple focuses on Product, not Profit"
11. chinochinochino posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:21 0 1
I don't want to defend Apple since the only thing speaking for this new connector right now seems to be the fact that you can insert it in either direction... but still, if you want to introduce new technology compromises have to be made. In the past I've been a huge fan of this clear-cut policy with Apple and since my next phone won't be an Apple product any more I do have to rebuy all the assecory anyways.
It's like with Microsoft cutting upgrade-support to current gen phones because of a technology shift - only in hardware. It has Pro's and Con's but should make anyone calling them out...
3. infernal88 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 05:48 9 0
apple : " it is easy , buy all accessories again "
9. pegasso posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:08 1 0
more like "you're holding it wrong. just avoid holding it in that way,"
4. Kostas_13 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 05:51 8 0
Apple is falling apart.
This whole iPhone 5 story was a mess right from the beginning.
5. StreetNerd posted on 11 Oct 2012, 05:53 2 6
ANOTHER USELESS ARTICLE.... the title is a rly stupid question...we allready know the answer -_-"
and who cares if its compatible or not....
12. sheik posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:28 0 0
We care, This column is posted so that we will become aware that there is a problem with the adapters so we would wait until it is corrected and buy a good adapter. I afraid that your comment is useless with typos....
6. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 11 Oct 2012, 05:54 2 0
Take it back and get a different phone until Apple fixes it. Problem solved.
No one is forcing these people to buy the 5 model.
8. eisenbricher posted on 11 Oct 2012, 06:11 1 0
Haha... btw thanks Nick T for always bringing the sweet, salty news, rumours and stories!
13. someones4 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 07:34 2 0
Apple's answer: buy an adapter which you have to use with the faulty adapter
15. Fallout09 posted on 11 Oct 2012, 09:50 2 0
I guess the Apple made adaptor wasnt an Apple authorized accessory.
16. quickweevil posted on 11 Oct 2012, 11:23 0 0
People just look for a reason to bitch and moan. Apple used the same adapter for 9 YEARS! How many companies can say they used the same adapter for that long? NOBODY! Nobody complained when all other companies used proprietary adapters and switched to mini-USB. Nobody complained when they changed again to micro-USB. Change is difficult, people. Change must be made to progress, however.
18. KaiTech posted on 11 Oct 2012, 12:26 1 0
MiniUSB is the same as MicroUSB from a signal perspective, only the connector is different, so that's a bad analogy. You can buy a USB replacement cable for $5 and you are golden.
The Apple lightning connector issue will not be fixed, because it lacks a good chunk of the signals (analog) the 30 pin connector provided.
So don't hold your breath people...