First official shots of the Nokia N9 are leaked
Interestingly enough, the new Nokia N9 resembles Apple’s iPod nano line with its rectangular looks and flat top & bottom edges. Additionally, it’s going to be available in either black, blue, and pink paint jobs to perfectly complement your specific style. Besides the physical appearance of the device, very little is known about its hardware under the hood – but you can’t deny the eye-catching looks it’s boasting.
Naturally, there are going to be some people disappointed about the unexpected change with the handset, but there might still be a possibility of seeing the original aluminum slider making an appearance in the form of another handset. In the meantime though, we’ll be keeping an eye out of what news we’ll see regarding this refreshingly tasteful handset.
source: pocketnow via SlashGear
1. upset (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:00 1 7
wow what a big fat ass let down! the mysterious slider n9, in silver alum. was so eye candy! now we get this warmed over piece of trash! oh well. iphone sucks ass and this will be it's sister.
2. ps (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:10 4 1
Why would you wanna slider qwerty when this one has Haptikos? Its future baby and Nokia brings it!
13. volt (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:10 1 5
Probably because a offscreen keyboard is better. Because it is. Just because something is more "modern", doesn't make it more desirable.
19. jroc74 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:38 3 1
Resembles the iPod Nano tho... Some one is gonna mistake it for a big iPod Nano...LAWSUIT COMING!!!
4. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:25 1 1
Uh... yeah, it is said to be running Meego, but the icons look like they've been taken straight from Symbian Anna. Also hearing it has an 8Mpix camera... after the N8 had a 12, why bother releasing a "market disrupting device" with anything less than 12Mpix (... and then calling it the "N9")? And the keyboard that Meego fanatics were expecting? Gone! And purported iPod Nano looks will certainly draw criticism (maybe even a lawsuit) from Apple.
sub-N8 specs + Meego + iPod looks = substandard ubergeeky iPhone-wanna-be
Nokia's alleged 2011 "market disrupting", "flagship" device is about to be christened in style, launched as lawsuit-bait, and then immediately sink off the pier...
6. ps (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:37 0 0
Its running Harmattan OS witch is what is next version of Maemo. Basically its MeeGo
7. luis_lopez_351 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:37 6 1
Seriously, get a camera if you care only about the camera.
14. volt (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:12 0 0
Nokia strives for a recognizable Nokia profile, that icons have been used on Symbian doesn't mean that they're used up. They can be used more than once.
5. ryq (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:35 2 2
NOKIA did the right thing by abandoning the slider design. slider phone are dead just like flip phone unless steve jobs and apple release one then it will be cool again. their that good! i mean steve jobs is that good! :-)
10. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:58 2 0
Yeah, I mean, if Steve Jobs was about to jump off a cliff...
15. volt (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:14 3 0
...the world would have a shortage of tech bloggers.
16. hepresearch (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:40 1 0
17. hillarious (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:21 1 1
funny to read this s**t everytime under a news, if you like it, buy it, if you don't like it, don't buy it
but hell yeah.. apple and iphone suckks really hard
29. jroc74 posted on 21 Jun 2011, 10:16 0 0
You mean like how Steve Jobs said NO ONE would buy a big phone like the Droid X and EVO? Like how no one is buying big phones cuz Apple doesnt have one?
8. aimbdd (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 15:38 2 1
Love it! If only it came with android or w7
12. ps (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 16:08 0 0
26. Goldeneye posted on 20 Jun 2011, 20:32 0 0
Well we can look forward for really nice designs when WP7 is launched from Nokia
18. box (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:36 1 1
The only way that looks like an ipod is that it has a colorful metal case surrounding a black screen. Get a life
20. jroc74 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 17:43 1 0
Hey.....it might be enough for a lawsuit from Apple tho...
They are suing Samsung for phones with physical keyboards for hardware design so anything's possible.
21. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 20 Jun 2011, 18:02 0 0
Guys there is going to be an N9 with qwerty keyboard (N9-00), and the one on the pic is the (N9-01), but now what we dont know is whether both phones are going to be running Meego harmattan....if you want more info just go to Engadget or Gsmarena.
22. Mobile-X-Pert posted on 20 Jun 2011, 18:24 0 0
By the way for the ones saying that this phone looks like the ipod nano this is the same design that the qwerty N9 had when it first showed up but without the qwerty keyboard of course and besides there are more realistic pictures of the N9 on engadget
23. CLINTONW25 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 19:08 1 0
where does this phone looks like an ipod nano?
24. clevername posted on 20 Jun 2011, 19:36 0 0
Idk what the hooplah is about. It looks fantastic. No slider. Oh well physical qwertys are overrated bulk that's meant for women with nails(because capacitive screens aren't compatible with acrylic). The world is moving to thinner candy bar touch only devices. Sliders are becoming niche. When everyone wants thinner where are the keyboards?
25. vvelez5 posted on 20 Jun 2011, 20:07 0 0
My only question is should I choose this Meego powered Nokia device or the WP7 powered Nokia device.
27. medalaster01 (unregistered) posted on 20 Jun 2011, 23:16 1 1
Wow it's so girlish may be made by women for women.
28. nileshpatel (unregistered) posted on 21 Jun 2011, 09:57 0 0
I liked the design