Apple expected to announce another record quarter today, here is what to expect
What makes this quarter’s earnings particularly interesting is the sharp decline in Apple stock value over the last few months. Since September, Apple stock has tanked to around $500, down from reaching nearly $700 value.
We’ve heard numerous reports about declining supply, demand and who knows what else for Apple devices so it’d be interesting to see how many iPhones and iPad Apple actually sold. Here is Wall Street’s analysts’ forecast:
- Revenue: $54.58 billion
- EPS: $13.34
- Gross Margin: 39.5%
- iPhone: 50 million
- iPad: 23 million
- Mac: 5 million
- iPod: 12 million
- March quarter revenue: $46.9 billion
- March quarter EPS: $12.10
- March quarter gross margin: 41.5%
Stay tuned for the actual results arriving later on today.
source: Business Insider
1. lee480 (Posts: 141; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
Wth? Apple have not even announce their financial results and PhoneArena is declaring it's a record quarter. Seriously?
4. rusticguy (Posts: 2709; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes that's the way it goes when it com es to Apple. It will take some time before this changes :)
18. Commentator (Posts: 1874; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
They didn't declare it as a record quarter, they declared it as an "expected" record quarter. This is presumably based on educated sales estimates (as outlined above). PhoneArena did nothing wrong in titling this article, and you need to find better excuses to criticize PA and Apple in the future. Seriously.
20. Caralho (Posts: 82; Member since: 18 Jun 2012)
You know iPhone Arena; Even if Apple announces dismal numbers, they will somehow spin it into a positive, win-win for Apple...
22. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Announcement is up...PhoneArena was correct in that it was a record quarter for Apple. Don't be jerks guys. If this were Samsung, you'd be okay with it...
2. richardyarrell2011 (banned) (Posts: 510; Member since: 16 Mar 2011)
Regardless of what is announced by apple it's pretty clear that apple products are boring and dull. Attractive to clueless joe's people who have no knowledge of technology. Samsung has pimp slapped apple all day long.
8. Ninetysix (Posts: 936; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
--NASA uses a lot of macbooks. They have no knowledge of technology.
--These guys at Google I/O are using macs. They have no knowledge of technology.
10. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Well ninety six. Jus cuz he doesn't like apple doesn't mean those that do r clueless. Maybe he should get a clue and realize people use what they want.
11. rusticguy (Posts: 2709; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Always use the best:
Linux for servers and desktop
Mac for graphics editing
Android for smartphone
Windows for solitaire :D
15. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Mac for graphics editing
Windows for Desktop/server
Linux for people who have deep knowledge of the OS hence doesn't bother having few supports
Android for smartphone
26. juanyunis (Posts: 72; Member since: 31 Aug 2012)
In fact Mac is a UNIX based distro, even its kernel Darwin is based on BSD, so yes Mac is pretty but also is powerful like a linux OS. I don't like iPhone, neither iPod, iPad, but the Mac is different, very solid, sleek, thin and excellent quality, i've the retina MBP 15, and it's amazing, powerful, great resolution, light and works for me as a developer for mobile apps, web apps, sh scripts, etc.
9. darkkjedii (Posts: 7809; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What u dumb statement. And who the heck says pimp slap anymore.
12. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
Agreed... I heard b*tch slapped more often...
21. PAPINYC (Posts: 1834; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
He has to say "pimp slapped" cuz' that's what Verizon did to him before they shut off his service for habitually paying his bill late; hence, Verizon pimped slapped the sh¡tsizzles out of him. And, my comment has nothing to do with him being 90; I mean, look at Betty White, she's 90-something and "luv' her"!!
14. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
LOOOOOL......... this guy is relentless @richardyarell
25. Just_a_boy (Posts: 183; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
For us the iPhone is boring and has nothing really new, but for some people iPhone is the best because is simple and user friendly
5. Synack (Posts: 624; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
I don;t get these articles. Every tech website that does Apple articles does these articles. They don't do these articles for any other tech giant like Google or Microsoft. What's the point? Just make the article when the actual numbers release. Apple is no longer a golden goose egg anymore.
6. gallitoking (Posts: 4572; Member since: 17 May 2011)
not to shaby for a company that "suppossed" to fail
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I'm relatively fine with this.
IPhone 5 is the first iPhone so far I don't have a bone to pick with (being an S3' owner btw)
...and of course, there's another side of the story
The point being.. down with fanboyism, ignorance, and bias :)
19. fanboy1974 (Posts: 830; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I expect a iphone 5s and the same old iOS if their numbers are obtained. Looks like another year with Android. Only when they fall down will Apple try to innovate past Google. Apple is playing it safe and boring.