Android TV Remote Control app, along with Cardboard and Google Cast Receiver, now available on the Play Store
1. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Something i haven't understood yet is, is it a Android TV (TV) so i have to buy a new freakin' tv,or is it like Apple TV, a little box ? :p
2. MrOCD (unregistered)
I'm pretty sure it's just software, so it's up to TV and streaming box makers to implement it. (It's not an Apple TV)
4. Astoni (Posts: 649; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
I kind of wanted a Apple TV like thing made from google :/
6. sgodsell (Posts: 3632; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Well the closest from them is the chromecast. Now that it has mirroring, you can run apps or games that were not even Chromecast apps.
7. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4275; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They will have boxes like the Apple TV. I know Razer announced they were making one yesterday.
10. Cacharoes (Posts: 17; Member since: 05 Sep 2012)
It is Both, Sony,Sharp, TP Vision and Philips will be making actual Android TV's so they are Smart TV's that run the Android OS.
If you do not want a new TV then you have the option of the streaming box which Asus and Razer make and it will turn any TV into an Android TV.
8. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I was going to comment the same as Berzerk, so in order to add some more info:
I´m just hoping for one with Tegra K1 inside, hey I can dream...
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 5741; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
If its a Tegra K1 and priced less than ps4. They actually do have a shot in making it big.
Hope there more AAA graphics intensive game title coming out for Android. Dead trigger and shadowgun being good examples.
3. UglyFrank (Posts: 1649; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Both, there will be a box available also, you don't need to buy a new tv
5. Klamba92 (Posts: 210; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Yes as far as we know it is going to be implemented on Smart TV with certain manufacturers and some digital boxes but none have been announced so far. There is a possibility they will release the box on its own for existing tvs, but for now they are focusing on chromecast for that!
9. UglyFrank (Posts: 1649; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Razer has apparently announced an Android TV box