Android 4.3 update for international Samsung Galaxy S III leaks
Because the firmware will wipe your device, make a backup before proceeding. And while it is not an official release from Samsung, installing it will not void your warranty. What you will find is that the UI has been changed to the one used on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the Samsung Galaxy Note 3 with a new tabbed interface for the Settings application.
The launcher and widgets remain the same as the ones used previously on the Galaxy S III, and secure business application Samsung KNOX has yet to be included in the test builds of Android 4.3, although it is expected in the final build. If you can't wait for the official release, click on the sourcelink to install the leaked Android 4.3 update for the GT-I9300 version of the Samsung Galaxy S III.
Screenshots from leaked Android 4.3 update for the Samsung Galaxy S III
source: SamMobile via AndroidAuthority
1. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
s3 receiving 4.3 when 4.4 is already in market ............ lol
but still good job sammy
2. Jason2k13 (Posts: 633; Member since: 28 Mar 2013)
you do realised most 2013 phones are still on 4.2 or 4.3 right? and the S3 is a 2012 phone, sammy did a great job, what other 2012 phones are on 4.2 or 4.3?
4. criticism (Posts: 46; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)
yaaaa, it's excellent, but what about other sammy phones?
5. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
m using s3 right now
mostly i use custom roms
so its ok if update is 4.3 or 4.4
12. rd_nest (Posts: 736; Member since: 06 Jun 2010)
Whoa.. you are using custom ROM!! I have been looking for you for such a long time. Pls pls tell that the custom ROM can cure cancer. I know that, many people told me that once you have custom ROM, you are like GOD-mode. This is exhilarating stuff. I was told that even Einstein never used a custom ROM. You must be someone very special.
16. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
u think u sound funny. ........... . nah
22. magnanimus (Posts: 251; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
You tried too hard. He wasn't even bragging for Christ's sake.
17. rusticguy (Posts: 2826; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Have you heard of a company called SONY?
It updates 6 months after Samsung does.
19. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 702; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
dude thats y m holding s3 ............. otherwise z1 beats s3 in every category
3. garlic456 (Posts: 152; Member since: 24 Dec 2012)
Wait... Us this the old touchwiz? Isn't S3 going to look like S4 and Note 3?
27. Bioload25 (Posts: 192; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
No its just the wallpaper
Look at the icons, notification bar and configurations, theyre all different than before and just like the galaxy s4 and note 3
26. MistB (Posts: 552; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
I would expect Samsung to update the S2/Note 1 as well as the Grand Duos/S3 Mini as I read somewhere that 4.4 will be most likely the last major update the S2/Original Note receive.
7. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Sent from my i9300 rocking SlimBean 4.3.1 build 2.
10. Shatter (Posts: 1984; Member since: 29 May 2013)
That's cool man.
Sent from my LG E960 (Nexus 4) running AOSP Kit Kat.
15. ilia1986 (unregistered)
lol touche. :) I'm waiting for SlimBean 4.4. :)
23. frydaexiii (Posts: 1187; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
How is SlimBean 4.3.1 build 2? Bugs? Annoyances? Been rather hesitant on trying it until I know it's ready for daily use.
Still using Omega ROM 4.1.2
25. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Other than launcher redraws (despite keep in memory checked or even Nova's hardwired screens - these can be drastically reduced via memory locker) and some slight annoyances (no separate display timeout setting for lockscreen) - it's great! When not overheating my SGS3 can easily have 3-4 hours of screen time + 20 - 30% battery left. Much much much better than 4.2.2
Can't wait for 4.4! :D
9. Gamas_K (Posts: 61; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
My friend will say *I don't care, I already have costum rom"
11. fistigons (Posts: 262; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
I'm selling my 2 international S3s as soon as my Nexus 5s gets here. Also ordered some fathead Nokia DT900s to go with them.
14. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 845; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
Good choice on the pillows, although I doubt you have to worry about the 5 scratching like the 4 did. The Fatboy combined with the DT900 is my favorite wireless charger, to date, and it's a lot cheaper than the Nexus wireless chargers.
20. Cyberchum (Posts: 263; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Custom ROMs have really spoiled us, must people no longer wait for official updates, i for one am waiting for Slimbean kitkat.
29. narayanasamy (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jun 2010)
my mobile is also suffered after updating. Battery drained more quickly, lagging and slow.