You can't expect the best foldable phone on paper so far - Samsung
's Galaxy Z Fold 2
- to come cheap, but that doesn't make the price tag pain any better. A Benjamin or two shy of $2000 was all that we hoped for, but Samsung wasn't shy to price it at $1999.
Needless to say, the OG Galaxy Fold started from $1980, and was way weaker in terms of specs, design and features, so there's that, too. The Galaxy Z Fold 2
now comes with a larger, 7.7" display that is not covered by a polyimide film but by an ultrathin glass, making it less prone to scratches.
The Z Fold 2 is the first bendy phone with 120Hz display refresh, and it's adaptive at that, plus it comes with the most powerful current mobile chipset on an Android phone, Snapdragon 865+. It also sports a very usable 6.2" external display, so you only need to open it every so often to browse or watch videos on a larger display. Read our Galaxy Z Fold review
for all the noiseless hinge details.
With all that power, comes grand pricing, and some great Galaxy Z Fold 2
carrier deals we've rounded up for your viewing pleasure.
Galaxy Z Fold 2 price and deals at Samsung
- From $1199 with trade-in.
- Return your unlocked Z Fold 2 in good condition within 20 mos., and get $1000 buyback value.
- Save up to $500 with eligible trade in or save $800 with Galaxy Z Fold or Z Flip trade in.
- Get both the Galaxy Buds Live and Watch 3 for $250 with the pre-order.
- Get $50 Samsung credit towards accessories.
Needless to say, Samsung's own website is where you should start if you want to shop for the unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2, as it comes with a $50 order bonus towards accessories, and a great up to $800 trade-in offer, for a price that could go down to $1,149. The phone has launched, and you can get yours below, including ordering the T-Mobile Z Fold 2 version
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals and prices at Verizon
Not only will Verizon carry the Galazy Z Fold 2, in case there was any doubt, but it was first to announce the promos.
Here's the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 preorder price and deals on Verizon:
- Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G is $83.33 a month for 24 months on Verizon Device Payment (0% APR; $1,999.99 retail)
- Get up to $550 off when you add a line and purchase a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G and trade in your old smartphone on a select Unlimited Plan (Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited or Get More Unlimited plan).
- As an added bonus, if you switch to Verizon you can get a $150 Verizon eGift Card when you purchase a Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G on our Verizon device payment plan.
- Upgrade and get up to $250 off when you purchase a Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G and trade in your old smartphone on a select Unlimited Plan ( Play More Unlimited, Do More Unlimited or Get More Unlimited plan).
- Get 25% off all Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G cases, screen protectors and charging accessories during the pre-order period, including new cases and screen protectors from Gear4, Zagg, Samsung and Top Kevlar.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals and prices at AT&T
has an excellent overview of the main Galaxy Z Fold 2 features, as you can see in the promo video below, and the carrier will start selling the phone for $1999 retail, or $66.67 per month for 30 months on its payment plan, with trade-in and other incentives to be found.
Will T-Mobile have Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 pre-order price or deals?
- Buy one Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, get the second at 50% off in 24 bill credits.
- Get $500 off the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G with a suitable trade-in.
- The Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G launches online or in store on September 18 for $58.34/month ($599.99 down, Full Retail Price: $1999.99)
Sorry, no pre-order bonuses and no pre-orders at all at the Un-carrier. We asked T-Mobile
why hasn't it put the Galaxy Z Fold 2 up for pre-order, even at the retail $1999 price, and it said it will be offering it on America's largest 5G network no earlier than September 18 with the deals above.
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 2 deals and prices at Best Buy
- $1949 for the unlocked Galaxy Z Fold 2
Naturally, you can obtain the Galaxy Z Fold 2 at Best Buy
on Verizon, AT&T, or unlocker, and the current pre-order deals include a $50 discount for the unlocked model with activation, as well as the carrier deals like the ones coming with Verizon's pre-order.