Tuesday´s News Bits
This article contains unofficial information.
- More than 10,000 apps are now available on Android Market. According to AndroidLib, 64% of them are completely free and just as much as 34% are paid for. Certainly, the total number is a far cry from the rich product catalogue of App Store, but there are quite a few really useful programs among all 10,000. (via: Android Tapp)
- Get yourself the T-Mobile myTouch 3G with one off rebate of $100, courtesy of Oprah Winfrey. Well, this is still just a rumor. It goes the leading TV presenter is launching a limited promotion that is expected to take off 10 September and last for two weeks. Finally, it will be accessible through Opra.com only. So, do you find the offer appealing? (source: Phandroid)
- iPhone owners on AT&T may get additional services soon. The rumor has it customers will soon get push notifications when they are about to run out of free minutes as per their monthly plans. Moreover, the carrier will provide its subscribers with special Voicemail service that will allow them to switch off the introduction feature. It seems all the new services have been specifically requested by AT&T customers. (source: AppleInsider)
- Bluetooth rings that allow using your hand as a phone receiver? Actually, why not? This is a concept introduced by BCK that we do find appealing, except for the part where men have to wear rings on their little fingers. The rings will be equipped with proximity sensors and allow people to take calls only when the two gadgets are at a certain distance from each other, since bringing them any closer will terminate the call. (source: MobileCrunch)
- More frames showing the Sony Ericsson Xperia Pureness. Wow! The cell phone does have an exotic look, but lacks almost all extra features we´re used to, like camera, GPS, Wi-Fi etc. Still, we can´t wait to get our hands on one of these beauties! (via: EngadgetMobile)