China may not see 4G for another 2-3 years
Wei stated that the country hopes to expand its current network of 220,000 TD-SCDMA base stations to 400,000, and then upgrade those units to LTE TDD before offering 4G licenses. He anticipates that process will take three years to complete.
State owned China Mobile is a driving force behind LTE TDD deployment, but Wei also cited handset and chip vendor support as a barrier to entry. He said, “We need their active participation, to speed up development of the commercial trials.”
Posts: 346; Member since: Jan 30, 2012
posted on Mar 11, 2012, 9:33 PM 10
posted on Mar 12, 2012, 1:49 AM 1
Posts: 203; Member since: Apr 19, 2011
posted on Mar 12, 2012, 3:48 AM 1
Posts: 285; Member since: Feb 28, 2012
posted on Mar 12, 2012, 4:47 AM 0
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):