Xiaomi Phone 2 announced - the first with quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro tops Quadrant, is just $310
source: Xiaomi via Engadget
Xiaomi Phone 2 launched - the first with quad-core Snapdragon S4 Pro is just $310 Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Some Android tips and tricks you should know
06 Jun 2013, 06:49
1. aaronkatrini posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:04 18
Will you please be quiet and accept my currency!
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:18 8
LOL.....I need to see how the UI is first and the way it functions before i make any decisions.
4. DKMDROID posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:33 21
Its android ....if you dont like the UI ....change it
9. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:42 5
If the phone isn't popular the theming community and whatnot for the phone won't be as large, making it more difficult to do yourself.
49. OSFantasma posted on 16 Aug 2012, 14:35 0
It uses miui and thats a community upon itself look it up there is following all over the world the original was born from the mod community...
5. DKMDROID posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:35 3
i doubt anyone would care for the UI considering the specs
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:49 7
take a look at the meizu mx 4 core phone....has really good specs that of the GS3......But terrible UI and OS.......something called Flyme OS or somthing like that.....The UI almost looks like a bad mixture of android and IOS put together! :(
48. Mr.Alawi posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:53 4
MIUI is really a popular UI and theming isn't a problem at all since it been ported to HTC,samsung,Sony and LG there is alot of theming for home screen and lock screen as well
50. OSFantasma posted on 16 Aug 2012, 14:36 1
@Xperia-Knight thats the overlay not the OS it runs on gingerbread i believe.
51. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 16 Aug 2012, 15:51 2
lol thanks but I'll just wait until I can see a thorough review of this phone on youtube....Sounds really good so far though... :)
52. OptimusOne posted on 16 Aug 2012, 20:43 0
don't worry MIUI is amazing. better than stock android, better than sense better than touchwiz/moto, better than cyanogen mod(HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?)
I use it on my phone, its amazing
themes are really awesome too and software is pretty light and zippy
8. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:40 1
Hit me hard, I think it's just a dream.
35. jove39 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 09:38 7
44. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:13 2
10. pokharkarsaga posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:49 2
China is so lucky,when will the rest of world be lucky?
33. verizonsin posted on 16 Aug 2012, 09:19 3
Now thats innovation and revolutionary. Suck it apple.
57. Raymond_htc posted on 18 Aug 2012, 09:29 0
but that will never happen to the new iPhone. (NOT WITH the 5 number.)
45. metoyou posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:20 1
Gonna get his phone when it's out! good thing that we have connection in Asia :)
7. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 06:37 0
Wow wow wow!!!
19. jbash posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:37 3
Most fast or just fastest, sorry the grammar was bugging me.
13. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:07 3
Holy cow, if that thing is compatible with T-Mobile's 4G bands, I'd be doing some serious research on how to get one here in the States.
18. Zayuh24 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:33 0
If overseas shipping wasn't so ridiculous, I would too.
25. TylerGrunter posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:11 0
I'm not 100% sure of wha I'm saying, but as far as I'm aware:
T-Mobile uses LTE while this phone only supports:
DC-HSPA+ (42.2) / GPRS / EDGE
So no, not compatible.
The good news is that as it uses APQ8064 (no cell modem), so it should be easy to put an LTE chip for cell modem if they want to.
The bad news: they'll probably won't do it unless they start selling in the US.
40. remixfa posted on 16 Aug 2012, 11:31 4
correct. Tmobile uses the 1700 band for 4g HSPA+, which is why its "left out".
However, Tmobile is refarming all of their 1900 edge to HSPA+, so its not really left out. Some markets have made the transition already and some havent.. but supposedly its all gonna be done by christmas.
That said....., hubba hubba to the specs sheet AND pricing. :)
15. vickygamit posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:18 0
now, that will force other big names, toward innovation !!
23. Nookie4u posted on 16 Aug 2012, 07:49 0
Sounds great on paper, lets see how it works when it's out.
27. InspectorGadget80 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:17 3
Jeezes what a freaking phone even with that battery life. I'm sold iF YOU GUYS CAN EVER COME TO THE U.S. damn
28. Jimstar posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:18 8
What I don't get is how a 2 year old company with, that probably isn't even the biggest in China can beat companies like LG, Samsung, and HTC to the punch with this new cpu. I'm also a little interested in the type of that 3000mAh battery
30. jove39 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:35 0
Price and Specs just put a smile on my face :) I have never waited for October so bad!
31. Grishm posted on 16 Aug 2012, 08:54 2
How I wish Sony comes up with a high-end phone of specs like these! If it ever happens in the near future, it's going to be LEGENDARY!
34. PhilTech posted on 16 Aug 2012, 09:36 0
Specs and JB are awesome but what about UI fluidity, physical build quality, after sales service and marketing. No point in showing off the best phone if it can't get to the people.
36. dhusted posted on 16 Aug 2012, 10:37 0
Time to hit up the chinese for my next AT&T phone. Screw LTE I will take the HSPA+ with the better coverage and in building support anyday.
37. Berzerk000 posted on 16 Aug 2012, 11:13 7
HOLY SHENANIGANS. Quad S4 Pro, 2 GB RAM, an HD display, and a huge 3,000 mAh battery, with JB out of the box? This is like... The phone of dreams. What more could you ask for, other than a different custom UI? GSM users around the world will be happy... These guys should come to the US. You know... For science.
41. remixfa posted on 16 Aug 2012, 11:33 4
I dont think it will come to the US officially.. ever.
MIUI is a Chinese rip off of iOS look... like severely. Anyone that thinks samsung copied iOS's "look" has never seen MIUI. I think it still has the apple logo in it somewhere.. lol
Apple would take them to task like crazy.
If they leave the bootloader open, I can see this being a very popular imported modders phone though.
42. TylerGrunter posted on 16 Aug 2012, 12:16 0
If the frequencies of the HSPA+ in the phone are compatible with the ones in the USA you´ll be probably right.
Add Meizu MX to the iPhone rip offs ("Meizu's goal was clearly to emulate the iPhone experience and we should say they did a pretty good job of it", quote from gsmarena)
And thanks for the correction about the T-Mobile networks.
47. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:31 0
The software can be tweaked easily, how about stock JB?
54. OptimusOne posted on 16 Aug 2012, 20:48 2
yeah i know miui is ios rip off but it makes it better.. but if apple put miui on their iphones, then... THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME AND I WOULD SWITCH BACK TO IPHONE
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
38. Diego! posted on 16 Aug 2012, 11:14 2
The specs. and look of this phone are really good!!! I hope they release it internationally soon :D
43. Royal.Troll (banned) posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:05 0
The stuff of dreams. We all want need it now. Please.
46. sodium posted on 16 Aug 2012, 13:26 0
Awesome specs n size
NFC? memory card slot?
53. OptimusOne posted on 16 Aug 2012, 20:46 0
I WANT OVER 9000 IN QUADRANT AND OVER 20K IN ANTUTU
56. RomeoJDR posted on 17 Aug 2012, 00:15 0
Apple might have a case against them for impersonating the Steve Jobs look. Couldn't help but laugh looking at the dude standing in front of the mega screen sporting the jeans and black shirt. Should have just gone all the way and stepped out with a turtleneck.
59. faizyab posted on 23 Aug 2012, 12:39 0
this smart phone is amazingly hot see this article too http://sevencolourgossips.word