Verizon confirms 4G network outage, says it's now "returning to normal"
Verizon Wireless 4G LTE service is returning to normal this morning after company engineers worked to resolve an issue with the 4G network during the early morning hours today. Throughout this time, 4G LTE customers were able to make voice calls and send and receive text messages. The 3G data network operated normally.
Verizon naturally wants people to know that their phones were still reliable as communication devices (technically smartphones do more than browse the web and play Angry Birds, they also let you call people in case of emergency). According to Verizon reps the network should be coming back up; Verizon only confirmed that their 4G network was impacted. It's possible that reports of 3G outages could have resulted from network congestion as 4G customers attempted to shift their data usage to 3G, or else be due to some local network issue.
Are all of you Verizon LTE users seeing the 4G connection back up and running now?
source: Verizon Wireless
1. superguy (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Jul 2011)
No 3G didn't operate normally. I was out 3G coverage for a good while this morning too. Could only make and receive calls and text.
2. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
And it was awarded the MOST RELIABLE NETWORK......haaaa.....even with new equipment on 4G they still went down and fanboys always talking trash about AT&T.....!!!
3. Paden (Posts: 262; Member since: 07 Jul 2011)
It is the most reliable network.
Verizon never said, "WE ARE THE PERFECT NETWORK THAT NEVER HAS ANY ISSUES EVER."
5. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
That's true.....is so reliable that users suffer TWO BLACKOUTS in less than 30 days.....!!!!
6. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
You clearly don't like Verizon.
7. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
You clearly like to get screw by VZ and only you care dumb....!!!
8. Whateverman (Posts: 3237; Member since: 17 May 2009)
VZW outages are so rare, they actually right articles about it! That's a sign of how out of the norm it is, even with two outages in 30 days.
12. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Yeah, I hate getting 25mbps download speeds.
f**kin' Verizon... screwin me again.
14. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
I get more with my Samsung Skyrocket...so what....!!!
15. downphoenix (Posts: 2768; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
they are when you get the bill and you used up that 5Gig cap in a matter of 3 hours.
16. VZWEMPLOYEE (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Jun 2009)
Better then AT&T suffering everyday with normal day to day business. Plus bad business choices like being 4billion in the hole for the T-Mobile failure like there network
9. christony1120 (Posts: 65; Member since: 07 Dec 2010)
Okay so 2 little outages that were resolved and OH that was only 2 out of the whole year. ATT in the other hand had about 6 or 7 over here in the east coast. You tell me now which one is more reliable you dumbf**k ATT fanboy!!!!! Verizon will always be Americas Favorite, reliable, and most trustable
13. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
ATT had only one blackout this year so where are those 6 or 7....??? Maybe on your stoned a...z head, quit drugs they're not good fanboy....!!!!
4. jaabubby (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jan 2010)
No 4G yet in Pittsburgh. I'm sure it'll eventually roll out to all cities as our SIMS re-authenticate to the LTE network.
10. kcombs (Posts: 261; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
yes at&t may have outages here and there, but in my 3 + years working for the company I have never heard of the hole US data network going down. I'm not going to lie, thats awesome..
17. VZWEMPLOYEE (Posts: 34; Member since: 13 Jun 2009)
It wasnt the whole company Florida and other states were not effected. When you dont have a job dont coming looking at the best network for work. LMAO 4 billion in the whole because you have idiots running your company into the ground trying to buy tmobile and fail
19. DOGIEFRESH (Posts: 302; Member since: 15 Jul 2009)
Yeahh 4billions is a lot of money but they got enough to buy you and you sorry a..z company......!!!!!!
11. DonMateo28 (Posts: 14; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Why is it that when a company has an outage everyone bashes them and compares them to its rival, who really cares there's gonna be plenty more outages in the future i'm sure of it
22. sumdude (Posts: 50; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
Why do people take this crap so seriously. People lash out in words cuz they can't by any other means, realistically. I bust their nads about crap cuz it eases the annoyance factor when this stuff does occur. Truth is LTE customers are a spoiled bunch who take their data speeds for granted these days. I don't think I'd be annoyed offered a better response than, datas down again, followed hours later by, it's back up.
20. JC557 (Posts: 1239; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Haven't experienced any of the major outages. I'm running a stock Gingerbread Thunderbolt in NYC.
21. i3izkit311 (Posts: 28; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Now getting a SIM Card Authorization Error - and cannot get to 4G... I wonder if this is related. Making a trouble ticket now.