Samsung's Windows Phone 8 "Odyssey" may be headed to T-Mobile
1. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:07 4 0
I can't wait to see how the S4 on WP8 compares with ICS/JB!
13. speckledapple posted on 13 Aug 2012, 19:59 2 0
It would be interesting to see how it runs. It probably will be pretty amazing.
34. pokharkarsaga posted on 14 Aug 2012, 11:01 0 0
Samsung can kick down Nokia in WP8 sales with great build quality like the wave series and good price tag.
16. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 20:04 0 0
I guess WP benchmarks will be better as WP does not he to perform as many tasks as JB, but the user will not feel that b-c of project Butter
17. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 13 Aug 2012, 20:16 1 0
I'm not talking benchmarks, I'm talking real preformance. PA's full site is pretty heafty with all the complex ads and whatnot. That would be a pretty good test.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:08 4 1
wow, the specs sound good....to me samsungs windows phone looks MUCH better than the nokia windows phones...but thats just me, if I were to ever get a windows phone it would be one to look like this..
6. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:35 3 0
I sooo agree with you, I've said it many times before too Samsung WP Phones look much better than Nokia ones!! :)
25. neutralguy posted on 13 Aug 2012, 23:32 1 0
ahh. as barney stinson said.. "oh kay, whatever you say sir"
10. MichaelHeller posted on 13 Aug 2012, 19:14 6 1
build quality and design is up to your taste, but you always have to keep in mind the exclusive apps that Nokia will have on its devices.
11. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 13 Aug 2012, 19:16 2 2
apps are not as weighty as design and power like this samsung has
26. neutralguy posted on 13 Aug 2012, 23:36 1 0
samsung proved that they are the king in android world, but i can never say that in WP. The thing is that WP is just, WP. No overlaying of softwares. Softwares in samsung will always be the same in nokia except that, nokia will have some exclusive apps. I can say in terms of power, they will be the same. But in terms of design? I'll go with nokia, they always come up with unparalleled designs in mobile world.
27. XPERIA-KNIGHT posted on 14 Aug 2012, 00:05 0 0
maybe so.....and that's your opinion.....but the phone im looking at in this article looks much cleaner than the nokia lumina......Nokias are not ugly by any means and are very unique, but a bit wide and bulky to some point......This phone looks really sleek and light...
14. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 20:00 0 3
I hope Nokia will not recycle the old design of N9 and come up with something attractive.
24. lubba posted on 13 Aug 2012, 22:06 0 0
N9 design is nice. Only problem is waist of screen space. Lumia 900 same size as Titan 2 but screen size on Titan bigger. Nokia design flaw and Titan 2 camera is even better!
29. snowgator posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:42 1 0
As a Samsung WP owner, that exclusive app argument is valid but not a sure thing forever. Sammy is stepping up. Start with "Chat On", their social media app exclusive to them They have photo editor apps, their "Now" news app, a "Mini Diary" app that can include pictures, locations, titles and any notes, and have several other options in their hub.
Nothing Earth shattering or stand out yet, but the improvements in the ecosystem is happening. Throw in their huge resources, that all these apps help set their Android devices apart as well, that they are developing Windows 8 Tablets and Laptops, and Nokia may not have as huge as advantage as they think.
Sammy also pushed out the Tango update and a firmware update to the Focus S and the Focus Flash about the same time as Nokia got Tango and as HTC Titan owners are still waiting. Not too shabby. Still room for improvement, but not shabby.....
3. CharlieAtInfinity posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:15 1 0
I Like it :) even the specifications are good :) and yeah more the competition in market the better :D
4. torr310 posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:16 3 0
It's funny that HTC may have a Windows 8 Phone called "Accord" and now Samsung has one called "Odyssey".
18. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 13 Aug 2012, 20:16 1 0
Very interesting note.... Honda going to be a partner in this?
5. Angkor posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:17 1 0
Samsung Galaxy S Odyssey, Samsung remove Galaxy S because of Apple lawsuits.
20. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Aug 2012, 21:32 2 1
The Galaxy S series devices are mainly if not all based on ANDROID. So I'm pretty sure that's why this device will just be known as the Odyssey. If I'm not correct, it was just the Samsung Focus, not Samsung Galaxy S Focus. =P
7. Gcombs posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:35 1 0
It's definitely time to start seeing some high end WP8 devices. Bring them on Samsung, HTC, Nokia and other OEM.
8. MISTER.H (banned) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 18:44 0 0
I wonder how smooth and fast this would be.
Nokia never ever are into hardware specs!
Tho I dislike Windows phone, this thing is urging me
to buy, or try this beast out, can't wait!
12. speckledapple posted on 13 Aug 2012, 19:58 1 1
Looks great. I wonder how well it will run on the new hardware. Probably blazing fast.
15. MISTER.H (banned) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 20:04 0 0
And on top of that, if rooted, than what next!
22. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 13 Aug 2012, 21:34 1 0
Windows Phones already run amazingly on just a 1.5 single core processor with only 512mb of RAM, so if you put in a dual core S4 processor clocked also at 1.5 and bump up the RAM to at least 1GB. You probably won't notice too much of a difference in just day to day use. HOWEVER gaming will be a completely different story and since Microsoft has X-Box Live intergration with their Windows Phones, I'd expect to see bigger, more advanced games on their platform soon.
21. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 13 Aug 2012, 21:33 0 0
i wonder why Microsoft wont allow other chip manufacturers to run its OS... i mean.. intel is making chip for phones now and samsung's own Exynos chips is a good chips too!
but for me.. i think nokia will make a good WP8 device...
coz samsung play android game with flying colors!
and come on... i think sammy should stick to android! leave WP8 to nokia... they are hella rich now!
23. tigermcm posted on 13 Aug 2012, 21:51 0 0
this annoucement+me being with Sprint= a very depressed person. Man why cant there be leaked info about Sprint having a wp8?
28. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:35 0 0
i think they wont have one... thats wha tthe CEO said..
30. snowgator posted on 14 Aug 2012, 01:46 0 0
Always thought a Focus S variant would have sold well on T-Mo's network. This is good news for WP.
31. SemperFiV12 posted on 14 Aug 2012, 04:22 0 0
Samsung with some heat... Nokia with some heat... Picking a WP might get hard, unless you're on VZW and they only offer one model :D
32. Dunknown posted on 14 Aug 2012, 04:56 0 0
Samsung is very annoying in the phone market. Samsung should stick with Android that is what I like about Samsung and Android. But I would prefer Nokia and Windows.