Samsung: Galaxy S6 to be an 'innovative premium handset,' concept renders try to envision it
1. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
I hope the front looks like this.
24. You_Dont_Say (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2015)
You guys have no clue how much I'm rooting for Samung, but it's hard to root for them with showings like this.
The phone would look amazing if it were released in 2012, but if Samsung really wants to improve their hardware reputation, the need to go all out.
Again, the phone looks good. However, all of us here can agree that we were looking for a more groundbreaking design.
75. spin9 (Posts: 282; Member since: 31 May 2014)
As much as I agree about looks, I wouldn't hope for something far from Note 4. Could the mysterious special function be those switchable back covers, each one with its special function? The already usefull removable back cover doubles as an accessory. If only usb3 could come back without a lid this time
124. Topcat488 (Posts: 1396; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
Ever heard of iheart radio... The App is FREE, listen to your favorite radio stations LIVE. O.o
83. UglyFrank (Posts: 1649; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
They will probably move to the reversible 3.1
102. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
usb3 is never coming back because the usb type c is the same speed as usb3
67. Macready (Posts: 951; Member since: 08 Dec 2014)
The fallacy is to think that groundbreaking will sell better. It may, but it can also turn off a large/the largest group of users/ interested people for being too uncommon.
Even the iPhone 6 design borrows a lot/most from existing designs.
86. bubbadoes (Posts: 957; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Looks exactly like the GSII... Samsung releases so many variants of phones on so many series of phones that they have covered just about every design facet
87. tdslam720 (Posts: 70; Member since: 05 Jan 2015)
The shiny chrome/metal border they always put around their phones is the main thing that makes them look cheap as f**k. Plus the ultra soft edges, but mainly the border. Get rid of that border and it will look 2x better
98. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
You rooting for Samsung? Who would belive that when in two different reports all you showed was hate againts the brand?
Who are you trying to fool? You are just and ifan and a Samsung hater that have no respect for others.
99. You_Dont_Say (Posts: 80; Member since: 26 Jan 2015)
Let's breakdown how dumb you look.
With this logic you present, you are trying to say if a person EVER says something negative about Company A, then he is a hater of Company A.
Fact: Apple had a great quarter and Samsung had a decent quarter but needs to show improvement.
Fact: Just because I think a Samsung product looks silly or just because I'm mocking oblivious Apple haters doesn't mean I don't want Samsung to succeed.
Here's a full list of things I am:
The sole point of this post is to expose to the world how idiotic you and people like you are. I love hundreds of Companies, but I will never be so insecure as to pretend my favorite companies never deserve criticism.
100. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Lol, let me tell you where your logic fails:
a) You only critizise Samsung while praising others (it´s not saying something negative, is that ALL your posts were negative)
b) You post on every Samsung post just to critizise them
c) You insult people while doing so.
d) You always post first or reply to the first one to get visibility even if not related: that´s just trolling
You are not a Samsung fanboy, just a boy...
107. LebronJamesFanboy (Posts: 269; Member since: 23 Mar 2013)
^Chill man LOL
Are you coming to these conclusions based on his posts the last couple of days? Also, his post wasn't really negative. It was a fair statement regarding Samsung. You do realize they aren't doing that well, right?
You sound like another person who thinks Samsung can do nothing wrong.
113. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
Not really, what I can´t stand is people that acts phony.
The issue for me is not that he critizises Samsung, but his second post here:
He claims with airs of superiority: "I'm here to encourage the idea of not simply hating a particular Company."
The next thing you know is that he posts three consecutive comments in three different news bashing Samsung.
That´s what tick me off the wrong way, the hypocrisy of that fact.
For the rest you can bash Samsung as much as you want, just as far as you don´t go telling afterwards that you are here to give lessons of civility ;)
103. TylerGrunter (Posts: 1522; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
And like someone used to say: One more thing
I don´t know who do you think is people like me: I don´t go bashing against a company like you do.
Because you are the one hating and calling sh**t to some companies and products, not me.
So do you refer you try to expose people like YOU?
121. M4th3u54ndr4d3 (Posts: 60; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Where's the INOVATION?
Where's the REALLY NEW DESIGN?
Where's PROJECT ZERO????
That's just another normal Samsung Galaxy.
33. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
What i am hoping for Samsung to do, to get rid of the ugly texture on the front panels. Although the overall design of the Note 4 is better, i still find the S5 black's front panel more appealing than the textured gray one found on the Note 4, it looks better when the amoled screen is off, and it doesn't ruin the look of the notification and capacitive button's lights.
91. greathero1 (Posts: 563; Member since: 13 Jun 2008)
+1000! It ruins the design of the phone.
130. neonix (Posts: 65; Member since: 04 Aug 2014)
I'm assuming that by "texture", you mean the dotted pattern on the front glass. I actually think that looks pretty sleek, especially on the white models.
63. amats69 (Posts: 1432; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
it looks actually the same with note 4....
seriously samsung? too much effort on "PROJECT ZERO" huh.
first the DESIGN 3.0 with the s5..and then this? lol
65. TechieXP1969 (limited) (Posts: 10115; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Why? It looks very plain and boring. In fact this whole render looks boring. It's gonna look way better than that. I may even consider dropping my Note 4 for the S6. But then again, I am hoping the Note 5 takes on the look and style.
101. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
fronts ok just needs front speakers and a touch based scanner on the back or use hd camera as finger scanner.
2. iMemo (Posts: 110; Member since: 22 Feb 2014)
Thought that render was supposed to show an "innovative premium handset".
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Render is fake lmao. Samsung's phone don't grt leak until a day before or the day of announcement. Example - S5 and Note 4.
59. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I've been immune to coffee since I was 12.
61. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Five hours of sleep after watching Netflix last night is taking its toll. :(
88. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Uhhh XD I hope you're at least on a holiday :)
30. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
The premium is the casung and the internals, the innovative is mostly internal.
46. phljcnth (Posts: 485; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I hope you didn't expect a flying phone or something that doubles as a girlfriend. Look, a phone with profile that thin can only pack so much tech in it. For all we know this might just be another fake render, stop judging the phone til it's in your hand.
57. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It is a fake render. Want to know why?
1) Samsung always includes the name of the phone
2) Way too early for it to even surface
3) PA knows it's fake but publishes the click bait article for web views
81. sipha (Posts: 434; Member since: 12 May 2012)
my S5 does not have the name of the phone on it!!!
126. Gp_Customs (banned) (Posts: 269; Member since: 14 Jan 2015)
That's right. Plastic is classed as cheap junk. Even PhoneArena admits that.
3. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Meet the new phone, same as the old phone. And people are complaining about HTC's top and bottom bezels...
14. tango_charlie (Posts: 250; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Haven't you seen the latest HTC one M9 leak by evleaks? Almost edge-to-edge design at-least for the standard M9
39. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
This design is 5 months old, no reason for the nag.
And the only ones who complain about HTC's bezels, are those who doesn't appreciate a great looking and built phone, and only found that part to complain about.
5. tango_charlie (Posts: 250; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
The "early prototype" images shown earlier on PA were FAKE. This comes straight from sammobile trusted sources. And this is probably fake too.
YOu want to know how the final design of the S6 will look like?!
Option A: WAIT TILL MWC!
Option B: Hope EVleaks leaks it!
10. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Q: "YOu want to know how the final design of the S6 will look like?!"
A: Just look at your S4 or your S5
27. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S4 and S5 have different designs so what's your point?
35. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
Looking at the front of the S4 & S5 side by side, they look almost identical. I bet that the S6 has a very similar front to the previous iterations. Next time I will try not to make a witty, off the cuff comment but explain my point a bit better for people like yourself. Come on Papa, you used to be respected on this site.
43. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It is a phone, not a car. Of course it will have some resemblance with it's predecessor. Still, that doesn't mean the S4 and S5 are identical in looks, the overall shape is different, the finish of the bezel, the textured front panel is gone, the hume button's doesn't look the same.
Now i ll leave it to you to remind me of how they look identical? In what parts
P.s: try googling the term " design language", and why each companies have their own.
58. limporgyuk (Posts: 276; Member since: 06 Nov 2013)
I'm a designer by trade, I just google imaged galaxy S5 and galaxy S4. They look very very similar front on. Don't you remember the disapointment on this site when the S4 was released. S3 users were expecting so much. Then same disapointment again when the S5 was released. No wonder sales are on the way down.
68. tedkord (Posts: 11629; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
106. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
they forgot the 5s all three the same no change.
105. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
well as i am a gs3 phone user and didnt get the 4 or 5 because they looked the same and had nothing really new the 6 maybe the one that i choice or the m9 since the z4 is getting pushed back.
44. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10456; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I could care less about this site. Doesn't pay my bills nor benefits my life in any shape, way or form.
Bezels on the S5 are different, home button is different, touch key is changed, different camera placement along with the sensors. Also, the phone has a different design (pattern) underneath the glass when compared to the S4.
That's more than three points presented to you so case closed.
66. darkkjedii (Posts: 21204; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Great post, especially the second sentence. +1
97. JunitoNH (Posts: 1775; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Actually in those renders, looks like a larger iPhone 4.
12. TyrionLannister (unregistered)
Comment of the day
104. engineer-1701d (unregistered)
for real samsung should announce a website that you can vote on design and on features that would put them ahead and let people choose what they get in it.