Instagram for Windows Phone is now available
Things got really exciting when Stephen Elop made the formal announcement at Nokia World in Abu Dhabi. The arrival of Instagram is at a point where Windows Phone is in the midst of incredible growth, albeit, still in a very distant third place on a global basis, but a contender nonetheless, especially against iOS.
While the luster of what Instagram does may have worn just a little bit, but the visual experience of what Instagram does is still highly relevant. More than half of Instagram’s users are outside the United States and that plays to Windows Phone’s strengths as well.
The app is fully featured, supporting the iconic photo filters, video, linear and tilt blur effects, unlimited uploads along with integrated sharing to Facebook, Twitter, Foursquare, Tublr and Flickr.
The wait is over, click to source link to get Instagram on your Windows Phone.
Update: So we were messing around with the app and wanted to address issues that some folks were having with the application already. First, video is not part of the mix yet. Also, tagging people is not part of the package yet either. One other nag we have been hearing about is that you have to use the stock Windows Phone camera app to take and share photos. That is not such a terrible thing, as the camera integration of Windows Phone is one of its hallmarks.
To that end, Joe Belfiore at Microsoft did address this "camera controversy" on his Twitter feed. After noting that the media seems to be missing the point, he did explain that one of the discussions with Instagram is that people post pics they just took with the camera. Couple that with powerhouses like Nokia Pro Cam, and Windows Phone's simple sharing methods, this really does not change anything from the experience that is Windows Phone.
That said, remember, this is a beta, version 0.1.0.0, probably rushed to face off with Vine's release to Windows Phone (though without video that is sort of a futile exercise), or be available in time for the whole holiday season, and we are sure to see numerous updates to the app in the coming weeks.
Instagram for Windows Phone Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Instagram for Windows Phone
source: Windows Phone
1. DaHarder (Posts: 152; Member since: 10 Oct 2009)
Nice that the 'official' apps is finally available but I'm finding that the alternatives are actually more capable/full featured... and what's with the official app not having video capture capability?
24. blading (Posts: 2; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
new release with new feature BBM for iPhone and Android apps, get it now here
32. dratomic (Posts: 431; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
it is an over rated app. I couldnt fine any use for it in real life scenarios so deleted it. totally useless in my opinion
2. oNEWorld (Posts: 140; Member since: 01 Aug 2013)
Better late than never, but never late is better.
3. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Still waiting on more Google apps for WP. I can't stand Outlook.
4. zuckerboy (Posts: 898; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
good wp is growing and ompetition is growing.Im waiting for next wp update (wp 8.1) then I'll decide which phone Im gonna stick with..
5. androiphone20 (Posts: 1393; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
I was waiting for this one, *clears throat* See, finally for a platform that claims to have the 'better camera' instagram wasn't even present :S. As if it's not enough this beta app doesn't allow you to take in-app photos, this alone is heartbreaking
29. Nimpuz (Posts: 8; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Obviously 1020 is the best cameraphone around. And instagram has been around for quite some time with 3rd party apps that are arguably better than any official app in iOS or android
8. Credo (Posts: 683; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Finally :) Love the app but Instagram team will have a hard time to beat 6Tag :)
10. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Congratulations to all the 4 people that actually own windows phones.
18. Credo (Posts: 683; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
those words mean the same in this context ;-)
16. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Yawn. That joke is old, and kind of irrelevant now considering WP8 grew more than 150 percent last quarter...
And even if only 4 people did own a Lumia device, they'd still be the happiest customers on the planet ;o)
17. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Been there, kind of? Theres so much missing from Windows Phone it's pathetic. Everyone of their updates is just the OS playing catch up to iOS and Android. I had the 900 and the 920. I loved the hardware, the keyboard and the music player. Everything else was lacking.
26. TerryCrowley (Posts: 184; Member since: 31 Jul 2011)
Look at that, all 4 windows phone owners gave me up votes.
13. Cyberchum (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yet to see what makes instagram stand out from the competition.
14. Cyberchum (Posts: 248; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
Yet to see what makes instagram stand out from the competition.
15. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 779; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
WP just became that bit more interesting, I must say, I'm really digging that Lumia1520.
19. jonartpop (Posts: 154; Member since: 25 Oct 2012)
congratulations for all windows phone users who have waited for this app :)
20. jarnts (Posts: 12; Member since: 26 Oct 2013)
The most impressive part is that someone promised something and it came out in a timely fashion.
21. GrapeEyes (Posts: 243; Member since: 01 Sep 2013)
Android scum can now shut up and enjoy the lag life.
22. lovemasterbaba (Posts: 10; Member since: 20 Nov 2013)
Window phones user her pathetic and lacking behind the real deals.
25. SleepingOz (unregistered)
Seems like you're trying too hard to convince yourself that Android lags. But well, deep inside you, you know it ain't true.
Haha yeah Windows rules...in your wildest dreams only.
23. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 962; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
The app looks good, but I wonder why they dont offer the video feature
31. HKFoo (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
well, because is still in beta mode. more features are coming
30. solomonsteve (Posts: 73; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
With this kind of progress Windows 8.1 is really going to be a real threat to Android and IOS.
34. Muzhhur (Posts: 240; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
The instagram App is not better than 6tag. I already downloaded and 6tag has more filters and its shows more info that instagram App.
Eather way nice to se instagram on WP XD