Hilarious prank has Apple Genius drop boxes with iPhone 5 while fans are waiting in line (video)
34. Nathan_ingx posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:16 4
Haha...it is!! I like the expressions on the faces when it went down!! iCrash!!!
Boy, their hearts might have skipped dozens of beats!!
45. TechPsycho (banned) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:46 1
LOL @ 1:25 the girls killing intent hahhaha
53. Danre posted on 26 Sep 2012, 22:44 0
Yeah! This is awesome..... and most awesome was buyer reaction.
2. mas11 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:37 25
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 doesn't use Gorilla Glass.
13. jan25 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:04 3
29. Gawain posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:36 5
35. 305Bucko posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:29 0
Its gorrilla glass bud
63. Stoli89 posted on 03 Oct 2012, 09:12 1
The issue is not whether it's GG or some other high strength Corning product. Even with GG, the iconic design exposes the edges of the glass panel. This is THE weakness that brings even GG to its knees.
64. 305Bucko posted on 04 Oct 2012, 09:12 0
The iPhone 5 edges are not exposed. Hence the reason it does so well in drop tests. Btw, the video is not real, its a prank.
50. jan25 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:59 0
it's not necessarily gorilla glass, they only mentioned it's made by Corning. that's how i understood it.
11. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:54 22
Average person standing in line probably has no clue what type of glass it has, nor cares.
31. tedkord posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:46 5
Of course not, so long as the Apple logo is on it, or could be a slab of rock for all they care.
36. 305Bucko posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:30 0
Not really,,, now if it was iSlab0rock then fr sure =D
43. lyndon420 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:36 2
So long as it has the apple logo on it...that's what matters.
49. jaoowolabi posted on 26 Sep 2012, 17:17 0
to be honest the glass is at the bottom of my list when i get a phone
37. NexusKoolaid posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:44 3
You're over thinking it my friend. Just watch it and enjoy the lolz.
4. wendygarett posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:40 4
It doesn't affect me on the way to buy iPhone 5 tho :)
26. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:01 3
You weren't in line with darkjedi this past weekend?
28. No_Nonsense posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:35 1
She/he mentioned in a previous post that he/she has a new iPhone when relatives give her/him, she/he can't afford an iPhone.
5. frydaexiii posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:44 5
Haha, It's so sad and hilarious at the same time, hilarious because those idiots fell for it and sad because, well, idiots are people too.
32. tedkord posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:47 4
It's not politically correct to make fun of the mentally handicapped. And anyone who queues up for days for a device that they can have shipped to their door...
39. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:53 0
But to get the iToy shipped to your front door, you have to wait up until midnight Pacific time on the appointed day and struggle with overloaded order placement servers. It would seem to be much more convenient to wait in line on opening day.
6. ebunny89 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:46 6
I wish that actually happened with real iPhone 5s and they actually broke...? Just me? Yeah, didn't think so.
18. sinple posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:30 2
I wish that it really happened too. Imagine how ppl feel how the stock finally came and opps, please wait again
25. No_Nonsense posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:00 4
I thought it was already half-broken when delivered. Read: Poor maps, letter-boxing, light leakage, scratches and who knows what else?
56. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:51 0
Just like the GS3 is prone to cracking at the bezel and has received 3 updates so far (the third to prevent unintentional remote wiping)
58. No_Nonsense posted on 27 Sep 2012, 00:59 0
Not a fan of Samsung, so your post is pointless. On a side note, the security blunder was massive.
8. PhenomFaz posted on 26 Sep 2012, 09:48 2
That's really funny...and the expression on the crowd's faces that they might just end up with one of the fallen pieces...
57. HäckeMáte posted on 26 Sep 2012, 23:52 0
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA iUnoriginal iPlayedout Joke
14. xoutrageousx posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:07 8
Let's be fair guys....if ANYONE is waiting for a phone, doesn't matter what make or model...like GS3 or iPhone 5...YOU KNOW, you would freak out...I would!
17. Feregorn posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:25 12
Why the f@#$ would you wait in line for a freaking phone???!!!! Your life doesn't depend on it!!! Only losers spend (precious) time waiting on a freaking line for a freaking rectangular calculator!!!
P.S. Excuse my tone, but fanboyism (from all sides) has finally gotten to my nerves! The video was awesome, by the way, and examplery of the idiocy in some sheep-people!
44. tedkord posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:45 2
I wouldn't, mainly because I wouldn't wait in line like that for any phone, least of all one I could get delivered to my front door.
51. jroc74 posted on 26 Sep 2012, 21:27 0
I agree with this.. I also agree with those that say I wouldnt be waiting in line for a phone.
I dont for it for video games, CD's, etc I might do it for concert tickets.
19. The_Innovation posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:32 3
lol @ the black person reacting like a white person.
23. The_Innovation posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:49 1
What? I have black friends you idiot lol. They'd say the same thing as I. Racist card doesn't fly, sorry.
27. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:25 1
+1 bro..!!! btw i am an indian
48. The_Innovation posted on 26 Sep 2012, 14:36 0
59. SugarShockFrantic posted on 27 Sep 2012, 13:14 0
why do white people always reply with " i have black friends" when someone calls them racist.....news flash just becuase you have "black firends" doesnt mean your not racist
60. The_Innovation posted on 28 Sep 2012, 01:09 0
Why do you people assume someone is racist over some comment online, without even knowing them? As if you knew me your entire life so you're judging me?
Get outta here you clowns. Yes I am racist against clowns.
61. SugarShockFrantic posted on 28 Sep 2012, 18:55 0
whoa nelly calm down son... I aint say u were racist ...that is far from the point i was making.....your right i dont know you and honestly i dont care if your racist thats got nothing to do with me......relax
62. The_Innovation posted on 29 Sep 2012, 02:28 0
I wasn't mad, no worries. It's all good.
20. sabretigger posted on 26 Sep 2012, 10:39 2
This is why some users have reported scuffed products out of the box!
30. dru4you posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:44 1
Aww F*ck it, those iphones were scratched and defective anyways.. lol
33. tedkord posted on 26 Sep 2012, 11:49 4
Did to see the looks on their faces? They were literally more appalled than if they were watching someone selling children into sex slavery.
40. Droid_X_Doug posted on 26 Sep 2012, 12:56 1
'Cause those breaking iPhones could have been theirs.... Can you imagine the thought that was going through their minds - 'OH F*CK ME! Please tell me that isn't the stores entire allocation of phones for today?!'
46. tedkord posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:47 3
"Oh no! I might not get my new iPhone on opening day! That's when they give away the best ones!"
42. jibraihimi posted on 26 Sep 2012, 13:26 0
So how many of ifans really had Heart attack on seeing this.......??? :)