Hilarious prank has Apple Genius drop boxes with iPhone 5 while fans are waiting in line (video)
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Haha...it is!! I like the expressions on the faces when it went down!! iCrash!!!
Boy, their hearts might have skipped dozens of beats!!
45. TechPsycho (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 05 Sep 2011)
LOL @ 1:25 the girls killing intent hahhaha
53. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! This is awesome..... and most awesome was buyer reaction.
2. mas11 (Posts: 1017; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure the iPhone 5 doesn't use Gorilla Glass.
13. jan25 (Posts: 370; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
63. Stoli89 (Posts: 333; Member since: 28 Jun 2010)
The issue is not whether it's GG or some other high strength Corning product. Even with GG, the iconic design exposes the edges of the glass panel. This is THE weakness that brings even GG to its knees.
64. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
The iPhone 5 edges are not exposed. Hence the reason it does so well in drop tests. Btw, the video is not real, its a prank.
50. jan25 (Posts: 370; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
it's not necessarily gorilla glass, they only mentioned it's made by Corning. that's how i understood it.
11. Aeires (unregistered)
Average person standing in line probably has no clue what type of glass it has, nor cares.
31. tedkord (Posts: 3944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course not, so long as the Apple logo is on it, or could be a slab of rock for all they care.
36. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Not really,,, now if it was iSlab0rock then fr sure =D
43. lyndon420 (Posts: 1642; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
So long as it has the apple logo on it...that's what matters.
49. jaoowolabi (Posts: 201; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
to be honest the glass is at the bottom of my list when i get a phone
37. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 257; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
You're over thinking it my friend. Just watch it and enjoy the lolz.
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
It doesn't affect me on the way to buy iPhone 5 tho :)
26. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
You weren't in line with darkjedi this past weekend?
28. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
She/he mentioned in a previous post that he/she has a new iPhone when relatives give her/him, she/he can't afford an iPhone.
5. frydaexiii (Posts: 1157; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Haha, It's so sad and hilarious at the same time, hilarious because those idiots fell for it and sad because, well, idiots are people too.
32. tedkord (Posts: 3944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's not politically correct to make fun of the mentally handicapped. And anyone who queues up for days for a device that they can have shipped to their door...
39. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
But to get the iToy shipped to your front door, you have to wait up until midnight Pacific time on the appointed day and struggle with overloaded order placement servers. It would seem to be much more convenient to wait in line on opening day.
6. ebunny89 (Posts: 10; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
I wish that actually happened with real iPhone 5s and they actually broke...? Just me? Yeah, didn't think so.
18. sinple (Posts: 87; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
I wish that it really happened too. Imagine how ppl feel how the stock finally came and opps, please wait again
25. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
I thought it was already half-broken when delivered. Read: Poor maps, letter-boxing, light leakage, scratches and who knows what else?
56. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
Just like the GS3 is prone to cracking at the bezel and has received 3 updates so far (the third to prevent unintentional remote wiping)
58. No_Nonsense (Posts: 826; Member since: 17 Aug 2012)
Not a fan of Samsung, so your post is pointless. On a side note, the security blunder was massive.
8. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1059; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
That's really funny...and the expression on the crowd's faces that they might just end up with one of the fallen pieces...
57. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA iUnoriginal iPlayedout Joke
14. xoutrageousx (Posts: 70; Member since: 22 Dec 2011)
Let's be fair guys....if ANYONE is waiting for a phone, doesn't matter what make or model...like GS3 or iPhone 5...YOU KNOW, you would freak out...I would!
17. Feregorn (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Sep 2012)
Why the f@#$ would you wait in line for a freaking phone???!!!! Your life doesn't depend on it!!! Only losers spend (precious) time waiting on a freaking line for a freaking rectangular calculator!!!
P.S. Excuse my tone, but fanboyism (from all sides) has finally gotten to my nerves! The video was awesome, by the way, and examplery of the idiocy in some sheep-people!
44. tedkord (Posts: 3944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I wouldn't, mainly because I wouldn't wait in line like that for any phone, least of all one I could get delivered to my front door.
51. jroc74 (Posts: 4036; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I agree with this.. I also agree with those that say I wouldnt be waiting in line for a phone.
I dont for it for video games, CD's, etc I might do it for concert tickets.
19. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
lol @ the black person reacting like a white person.
23. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
What? I have black friends you idiot lol. They'd say the same thing as I. Racist card doesn't fly, sorry.
27. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
+1 bro..!!! btw i am an indian
59. SugarShockFrantic (Posts: 66; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
why do white people always reply with " i have black friends" when someone calls them racist.....news flash just becuase you have "black firends" doesnt mean your not racist
60. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Why do you people assume someone is racist over some comment online, without even knowing them? As if you knew me your entire life so you're judging me?
Get outta here you clowns. Yes I am racist against clowns.
61. SugarShockFrantic (Posts: 66; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
whoa nelly calm down son... I aint say u were racist ...that is far from the point i was making.....your right i dont know you and honestly i dont care if your racist thats got nothing to do with me......relax
62. The_Innovation (Posts: 531; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
I wasn't mad, no worries. It's all good.
20. sabretigger (Posts: 19; Member since: 15 Sep 2012)
This is why some users have reported scuffed products out of the box!
30. dru4you (Posts: 10; Member since: 08 Jun 2011)
Aww F*ck it, those iphones were scratched and defective anyways.. lol
33. tedkord (Posts: 3944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Did to see the looks on their faces? They were literally more appalled than if they were watching someone selling children into sex slavery.
40. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5289; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
'Cause those breaking iPhones could have been theirs.... Can you imagine the thought that was going through their minds - 'OH F*CK ME! Please tell me that isn't the stores entire allocation of phones for today?!'
46. tedkord (Posts: 3944; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
"Oh no! I might not get my new iPhone on opening day! That's when they give away the best ones!"
42. jibraihimi (Posts: 540; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
So how many of ifans really had Heart attack on seeing this.......??? :)