Apple might have propped Sharp with a cool $2 billion to ensure future screen tech supply
3. MeoCao (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2012, 03:25 0 0
It would be a good job from Apple if it doesn't restrict Sharp relationship with Apple's competitors as condition for the investment.
4. _Bone_ posted on 08 Nov 2012, 03:37 0 0
Did that $368M fine reported yesterday really happened, if so, where's the big media coverage?
5. Mxyzptlk posted on 08 Nov 2012, 03:49 1 5
The fine from that FRAND patent case regarding FaceTime?
8. anywherehome posted on 08 Nov 2012, 06:21 0 0
now we see that their arrogance is more powerful than their brain :-D
this was the peak Hitl*er started falling :)
9. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 08 Nov 2012, 07:22 0 0
There's also rumors Apple is considering buying Sharp as a whole. Hopefully it's just a rumor with absolutely not truth to it.
10. ryq24 posted on 08 Nov 2012, 09:36 0 0
investing in sharp is a good move for apple. you scratch my back i scratch yours.
11. downphoenix posted on 08 Nov 2012, 18:01 0 0
Sharp has some great displays. I considered getting a TV from them next time I get one. However, if Apple buys them, I'll look elsewhere :)
12. pikapowerize (banned) posted on 08 Nov 2012, 21:54 0 0
good for sharp...coz they are actually dying... i pity them! they have good TVs but then again, samsung ate all the shares! :(