Apple might have propped Sharp with a cool $2 billion to ensure future screen tech supply
3. MeoCao (unregistered)
It would be a good job from Apple if it doesn't restrict Sharp relationship with Apple's competitors as condition for the investment.
4. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Did that $368M fine reported yesterday really happened, if so, where's the big media coverage?
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 6446; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
The fine from that FRAND patent case regarding FaceTime?
6. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yeah. Doesn't seem to cause any media buzz.
8. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
now we see that their arrogance is more powerful than their brain :-D
this was the peak Hitl*er started falling :)
9. Aeires (unregistered)
There's also rumors Apple is considering buying Sharp as a whole. Hopefully it's just a rumor with absolutely not truth to it.
10. ryq24 (Posts: 596; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
investing in sharp is a good move for apple. you scratch my back i scratch yours.
11. downphoenix (Posts: 2740; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Sharp has some great displays. I considered getting a TV from them next time I get one. However, if Apple buys them, I'll look elsewhere :)
12. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
good for sharp...coz they are actually dying... i pity them! they have good TVs but then again, samsung ate all the shares! :(