Debate: How long should a phone last between charges?

Join the discussion
Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago

I'll start by modestly saying that three full days will change the game for me personally. It will be liberating. Of course, a week would be perfect, but that's dreamland territory at the moment.

• 9mo ago

I now this is asking too much, for now, but looking at the bigger picture, it should., should.. last between minimum 3-5 days.

Battery tech is in a very nascent state as of now.

Wouldn't even think of relying too much on any batterty operated things, especially EVs till they fix issues like stand-by batter drain on account of temp changes, combustability, water and temp protecion, power density, charging speeds, portless charging for bigger appliances/vehicles/machines, etc, protecting batteries against electro-magnetic interferences and causing those for other appliances as well, chemical complexity that would ultimately cause issues like ground-water and soil pollution (agrcultural reasons).

You see, the more we think of the bigger picture, the more it shows that battery tech and the way we are going about it, is really something that needs a strategic revisit, on a priority basis, before we make a mess of it, like we did with nuclear and other chemical tech.

• 9mo ago

For me I need to be able to get through a full day at least without even checking the battery and ideally I would love to have two days easily possible if I end up staying the night somewhere unexpected.

Unfortunately I also love small phones so I don't have too many options that survive my rather heavy usage... I'm hoping that the new flip phone resurgence will help me use my phone less and in turn I'll be able to make the battery last longer that way... Fingers crossed I'll get my hands on one of the new RAZR phones soon.

• 9mo ago

At least 24 hours should be the standard benchmark to aim for

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵p3t3peter said:

At least 24 hours should be the standard benchmark to aim for

24 hours? So, you’re pretty much happy with what we have currently?

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵ninjajoe96 said:

For me I need to be able to get through a full day at least without even checking the battery and ideally I would love to have two days easily possible if I end up staying the night somewhere unexpected.

Unfortunately I also love small phones so I don't have too many options that survive my rather heavy usage... I'm hoping that the new flip phone resurgence will help me use my phone less and in turn I'll be able to make the battery last longer that way... Fingers crossed I'll get my hands on one of the new RAZR phones soon.

You should try the Zenfone 9/10, pretty compact can do two full days. Also the Xperia 10 Mark III/IV although not a flagship.

• 9mo ago
↵MariyanSlavov said:

I have a 13 mini so I’m not currently at that standard lol. Ideally to be able to go 48 hours would be the dream

• 9mo agoedited
↵MariyanSlavov said:

Mine lasts over 50h.

With about 16-16:30h SoT.

60Hz + 5000mAh + SD480+

Mariyan Slavov
Mariyan Slavov
Phonearena team
Original poster
• 9mo ago
↵Moe2023 said:

Mine lasts over 50h.

With about 16-16:30h SoT.

60Hz + 5000mAh + SD480+

Impressive! What's the phone behind these specs?

• 9mo ago

At least 48 hours and I have that Iphone 14 plus two days no problem. Screen on time about 10 hours so far im happy.

FCC OKs Cingular\'s purchase of AT&T Wireless