Zoom, enhance: the alleged One M10 photo reveals front fingerprint scanner, unattractive looks
1. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2468; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
Terrible but I really don't think that's the final design of HTC M10, HTC can't afford to release a phone with looks like that so therefore I don't think they would.
5. yann (Posts: 222; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
I also didn't expect Microsoft to release 950's with their terrible design also, but it happens.
Hope HTC do not repeat MSFT mistake. Another fall will be...
41. Arch_Fiend (Posts: 2468; Member since: 03 Oct 2015)
I don't really think the 950's look that bad, seriously it could have been worse, if anything the design is bland not bad or terrible.
6. WPX00 (Posts: 303; Member since: 15 Aug 2015)
I'm probably alone in thinking it actually looks good. #foreveralone
14. Good-Is-Better (Posts: 80; Member since: 12 Nov 2015)
I don't see what is terrible in that. If they can do that and put capacitive buttons instead of on screen and forgets about huge bezels in the name of boom sound, I may end up with a HTC device one day.
44. mmmanuuu (Posts: 400; Member since: 05 Nov 2013)
If this is the final product then this is dead on arrival already !
3. BattleBrat (Posts: 1456; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I need to hold it first, I had given my mother my M8 when her S5 was stolen. I was at her house a few weeks ago and went to get her her phone it was ringing. The M8 is a tank, so damn solid makes even my iPhone 6S Plus and Sony Z3v seem like toys. Then again after seeing the support and accessories I get for my iPhone, and EPIC camera and audio capabilities of my Z3V, can I go back?
4. Wiencon (Posts: 1870; Member since: 06 Aug 2014)
To be honest I preferred M9 design, this is horribly average, looks like some Meizu or Xiaomi. Why is it so hard to listen to customers opinion, M9's design was fine, they could remove the black bar, reduce bezels and I think most people would be satisfied. At least M9 was unique and M7 is still IMO the best looking phone ever created (maybe along with Lumia 925)
7. sumpil (Posts: 55; Member since: 02 Feb 2016)
we can't make judgement on the phone without seeing the back of it.
8. johanbiff (Posts: 400; Member since: 31 Mar 2015)
If HTC manages to fix the camera this time around with the M10 I have 3 phones that im intrested in, S7,G5 and M10
27. JumpinJackROMFlash (Posts: 450; Member since: 10 Dec 2014)
It's easier when some f**k up so there's only one choice.
9. BobLawblaw (unregistered)
Still looks like a generic slab..
13. BobLawblaw (unregistered)
If you're gonna troll at least be creative about it..
25. Kumar123 (Posts: 740; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
If you're gonna post a butthurt comment at least be creative about it.
33. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Sure lets be creative.
the design is nice beside thats freaking ugly home bouton.
So yeah ufly as the galaxy series because of the home bouton.
39. LionStone (Posts: 743; Member since: 10 Dec 2010)
It is a fingerprint sensor, get with the times...
11. FluffyBled (Posts: 514; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
It seems HTC ditched beautiful designs, and that was the only thing (except sense) selling their phones!
12. Fardon (Posts: 95; Member since: 24 Nov 2014)
Ex CIA agent but didn't notice holes next to fingerprint for capacitive buttons.
16. Sdiq572 (Posts: 36; Member since: 26 Jun 2015)
Wow, how smart are you, how could you see that little things. I see it now too. Thanks, so its now has capatitive button
17. E34V8 (Posts: 84; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
28. skips (Posts: 174; Member since: 04 Oct 2015)
thats one pretty phone tbh. im crossing fingers that those are the official renders
34. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Look amazing beside the home bouton should not be there and bezel smaller.
18. lukkiristi (Posts: 68; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
What a strange headline. Declared unattractive by that photo? Also (and most importantly), if that is unattractive, then so are S6, 6S, M9 & all the rest. Or maybe I'm not looking at things through the right glasses?
40. Nath4N (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
this whole article is pathetic, not just the headline
19. waqarzec (Posts: 52; Member since: 09 May 2013)
Phonearana do u know that HTC introduced classiness.....why ur post suggest that u are a HTC hater pa....why always against HTC why.why
23. ibend (Posts: 4577; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
and thats with that sarcastic poll for this article? is that suppose to be funny? o.O
35. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Every year techwebsite do the same thing.
Last year they where trolling HTC M9 for throttling up to 50% but said nothing about S6 and such throttling up to 40-50% as well. ( anyway both phone are lightning fast and never slow down so who care if its throttle? )
This year they know HTC will use similar hardware and is comming back with a camera thats at least look killer on paper so lets start the propaganda machine again and put into buyer head thats its ugly why not.
PA this is pathetic.
45. TerryTerius (Posts: 1780; Member since: 10 Apr 2014)
The M7 and M8 were well reviewed by PA. Not always kissing a companies backside or coddling the feelings of their fans doesn't make you a "hater".
20. seiyachan (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2015)
It break my heart and make me angry at them to see they are ditching now the dual front facing boomsound speakers.... m7 was super amazing, m8 they ditched OIS and metal front grills and capacitive buttons for the worse, m9 they ditched ultrapixel main camera for a subpar way too high MP camera (which directly contradict to the ONE's design philosophy about the camera MP race) , now m10 if they really ditching the speakers (which was the most renounced feature over competitors) altogether I am going to hate them!!!
21. seiyachan (Posts: 6; Member since: 25 Jan 2015)
waqarzec, may be because HTC doesn't have the spare money to pay them like samsung or others...
26. Kumar123 (Posts: 740; Member since: 15 Jan 2015)
Can't believe that One of my favorite Andorid company which is famous for its design capabilities is going to release a phone that looks this unattractive. Come on, HTC. IMO, One M8 is the most gorgeous andorid phone ever. M9 was okish. But this is seriously boring and looks like cheap chinese phones.
31. maherk (Posts: 3724; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
It looks a lot like an iPhone's front panel but with thinner bezels, and I thought you LOVE the iPhone's design lol
37. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
Yeah with thats home bouton its look too much iphone but otherwise design look fine.
42. SenorThrottles (Posts: 284; Member since: 23 Dec 2015)
It looks like an ugly mix of the iPhone and Galaxy home buttons
29. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 261; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
Unattractive? Ray, you sound like a typical PA reader who every two years argues about the leaking pictures of the new iPhone's design and call it "fugly" and when they see the actual phone at the announcement refutes their own words.. We see this thing every single year not only with iPhones, but with Galaxies, Xperias, Nexuses and so on.. Chill people and wait for the phone's announcement. I hope that I haven't offended you Ray. :)
30. kefalin (Posts: 249; Member since: 08 Feb 2015)
HTC cant really come up with their design. Firstly,they copied Apple and now even Meizu? Pretty poor i would say
38. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
HTC been using similar design since way before iphone 6 and iphone 6 the one who copied the design!
32. marorun (Posts: 3561; Member since: 30 Mar 2015)
So now PA trolling HTC?
All 3 phone in comparison look alike anyway.
I like this design personally beside the front home bouton this should not exist on android phone. I would prefer smaller bezel and no such home bouton.
43. Esteban4u (Posts: 66; Member since: 15 Oct 2013)
HTC's current situation (market share and mind share) was caused by themselves. They stopped listening to what their customers wanted and they continue to make bad decisions. They also didn't pay attention to what happened to Blackberry. If the company dies, it should serve as an example to all other OEMs that continue to operate, complacent and myopic to the pleas of what remains of their fan base as well as ignoring what professional reviewers and savvy patrons of popular review blogs/websites like this fine website. Samsung will be next.
47. BlackhawkFlys (Posts: 337; Member since: 07 May 2014)
Looks more like the iPhone 3Gs to me