Windows RT demoed on TI OMAP 4470 hardware, runs like clockwork
1. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jun 2012, 06:40 2 0
I keep wondering if the Surface tablet isn't more of a hybrid ultra portable along the lines of a MacBook Air? Maybe a MBA with detachable keyboard?
2. TylerGrunter posted on 22 Jun 2012, 06:46 3 0
At the very least it also have a touch screen, which as far as I know the MBA doesn't have (yet)
5. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jun 2012, 07:39 0 0
MBA doesn't have touch screen. iMac might be the first non-mobile Mac to get touch screen. What a HUGE touch screen that would be....
13. rf1975 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:06 1 0
So Microsoft is going to shake the Apple domination in Tablet space which most of the Android tablets fail to do. I like the full keyboard cover. That is an amazing idea. We will wait and see.
3. cepcamba posted on 22 Jun 2012, 06:51 0 5
Want one, but not willing to spend more than $199. :p
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 22 Jun 2012, 07:37 2 0
Guess you will be waiting for the pre-owned market to develop.
16. cepcamba posted on 22 Jun 2012, 19:34 0 1
I won't buy a kindle fire dude, I'll buy the quad-core sub$200 google tablet.
6. hung2900 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 07:45 0 1
Im so sure that TI OMAP 4470 > dual-core krait S4, in both CPU and GPU power. And it has LTE too, like TI OMAP 4430 and 4460.
10. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 11:25 0 0
no man S4 is a newer chip . Maybe on graphics 4470 is better but other areas i dont think so .
11. hung2900 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 11:36 0 0
Scorpion is also "newer" than Cortex A8, but it performed slightly better only. Except unrealiable Linpack benchmark, I cannot see any big gap between krait and 45nm Exynos 4210 last year. TI OMAP 4470 clocks at 1.8 MHz with 28nm process, so it is totally able to surpass dual-core krait 1.5 GHz in CPU power.
17. Berzerk000 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 21:26 0 0
TI OMAP 4470 isn't A-15, it's A-9. The OMAP 5 will be A-15.
18. hung2900 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 23:38 0 0
I know. OMAP 4 is A9, but Krait is not A15
7. nicholassss posted on 22 Jun 2012, 08:06 1 0
I'm really excited for these to hit the market. They look awesome.
I dont think I'll get one, but I'll definitely enjoy playing with one if a friend has one.
9. thelegend6657 posted on 22 Jun 2012, 11:24 0 0
Samsung might put an exynos quad in their windows tab
14. rpankaj posted on 22 Jun 2012, 12:51 0 0
i hate this exynos so much... even omap n tegra sounds cool... hummingbird was gr8... n snapdragon is awesom... naming is imp. after all
15. McLTE posted on 22 Jun 2012, 13:32 0 0
Exynos is like having the hottest girl EVER living next door... You'll never get to have her, and can just look through the windows.. Just like Exynos never making it to the US.. Damn that LTE incompatibility crap! LOL
19. 7thspaceman posted on 23 Jun 2012, 08:15 0 0
Hmm The demo laptop showed a very smooth operation of the Windows 8 RT OS.
I think in time they will sell well when the APPs inventory of the Windows 8 RT tablet
computers build up does anyone out there know whether or not the can run windows
7,5 Mango Apps because if it can then wow it will have a lot of APPS available to use when it comes to market. A great thing about buying a Windows 8 RT OS Tablet
Computer is that it will come loaded with Microsoft office software windows "Word"
"Excel" "Power point" and I think "One Note". That's a good deal because right out of the box a Business or Regular Person can do something useful with it plus surf the web, do email. buy something, play a game , read a book. it wont be a dead tablet it will be a useful one