Video shows the Nexus' line of phones evolution in looks and speed
The story of the Nexus line as a whole, really, is one of the more interesting ones in the world of smartphones, though if you joined in only in the last two or three years, you likely won't even recognize the ancestors of the Nexus 5. They were every bit the geek chic that the Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 are nowadays, despite their outdated looks and gears. Speaking of those, the folks over at PhoneBuff have made a sweet side-by-side comparison of the entire Nexus line from the start, and their respective speed. Doesn't get much better than that, now does it? Geek on right below!
1. sss_ddk (Posts: 58; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Good one Nexus 4. I'm Keeping you for another year :)
11. cripton805 (Posts: 907; Member since: 18 Mar 2012)
The deal breaker is 4g if it's available in your area.
2. rantao333 (Posts: 157; Member since: 21 May 2013)
i see no need to upgrade from nexus 4 to nexus 5
3. Reality_Check (Posts: 220; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Mentioning the OS versions on each device would have helped a little :)
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
From left to right: GB 2.3, JB 4.1, JB 4.3, JB 4.3, KK 4.4.
4. maccess (Posts: 478; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
galaxy nexus still awesome.. it really should get the 4.4..
9. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
Google has the drivers. They're just lazy this time round.
10. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
It's not that easy I'm afraid.
12. buccob (Posts: 1046; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Mxyzptlk is right this time around... there are changes in the architechture that TI should provide themselves to be able to update... but they won't anymore...
14. nicholassss (Posts: 344; Member since: 10 May 2012)
Luckily I know a lot of guys in the dev world are still clinging to the galaxy nexus, so we'll see a 4.4 rom soon.
7. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
That's a good comparison video.
13. av911 (Posts: 107; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
I jumped on the Android bandwagon immediately when Apple started being sue-happy. Ditched the 4S and grabbed a Galaxy Nexus from Google, right when JB came out. That was perfect timing and I never looked back.
Thanks, Apple, for being a d!ck, would've never touched an Android device if it wasn't for you d!ckatude.