Sony Xperia ZL Android 4.3 firmware update leaks, UI goes white
The white UI that purportedly is coming with Android 4.3 for the Sony Xperia ZL does make sense considering that it matches the UI for Android 4.2.2 seen with the flagship Sony Xperia Z1. It is believed that the Z1's interface is coming, not only to the Xperia ZL, but also to the Sony Xperia Z, Sony Xperia ZR and Sony Xperia Tablet Z.
Speculation is that the Japanese OEM will start rolling out the Android 4.3 update in the middle of this month. In the meantime, you can check out some screenshots below.
Android 4.3 for Sony Xperia ZL leaks
1. About Phone screen
2. Screenshot of lock screen
3. Screenshot of Memory
4. Screenshot of launcher
Thanks, Anonymous Tipster!
source: bbs.gfan.com (translated) via XperiaGuide
1. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 748; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
And I thought the UI couldn't get any better
2. xperiaDROID (limited) (Posts: 5577; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
It's basically an upgraded UI, the Android 4.3 update may not include the new camera UI from the Xperia Z1. The Android 4.4 KitKat update will have the new UI.
3. alterecho (Posts: 1085; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
I think they went with white to cover up the whitish blacks of the screens of models like the Z and SP.
5. anleoflippy (Posts: 294; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Or maybe because white is the less dominant colour used in the display so switching to this new UI saves battery.
8. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 860; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Err, Sony doesn't use OLED, LCD always consume the same power regardless of the colour being displayed, the only thing that affects power consumption on an LCD is brightness, nothing else.
10. buccob (Posts: 1481; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
Maybe the need to increase brightness for most of those UI screens is lower since changing to white... thus saving a bit of battery...
4. anleoflippy (Posts: 294; Member since: 03 Jan 2013)
Even though I already have the Xperia Z1, I still have the Xperia ZL for backup. Now I'm gonnna wait.
7. Remmy (Posts: 55; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
Maybe it will depend on the color of the phone itself, white for white phones then black for black phones :) What I'm really anxious about is in the improvement of cameras, and if the Z1's camera features will also be available for the earlier Xperias :)